“SOBE Harrison Hotel”
Review of Harrison Hotel

Harrison Hotel
Ranked #196 of 214 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed March 1, 2013

The location is great, on a quiet street just south of 5th Street. The Harrison was built in the Art Deco era and has been either kept up or refurbished fairly nicely. My room size was adequate with a Queen bed but I noticed that some of the other rooms were larger with a King. My room had a standard (short) shower/tub combo that worked well but there were no frills in the small but very clean bathroom.
There are no elevator in the hotel so you must be willing and able to carry your luggage up a 30's era flight of stairs but that kinda goes with the territory. I needed the exercise after eating at the wonderful restaurants.
There is WiFi that is supposed to cover all of the rooms but the antenna was down the hall and around the corner from my room and the signal was was fairly weak.
I walked a few blocks up Collins, Washington and Ocean to find a restaurant the first night, , , doing the typical search for exceptional food and was successful. The second night I was pretty tired when I set out on my search and as I turned the first corner heading up Washington I walked past an Italian Restaurant and then something told me to give it a second look. I am SO glad that I did. La Locanda is on the street level, below some of the Harrison hotel rooms and you could not even see it if you weren't looking. If you stay at the Harrison, you can do yourself a great favor and eat there. It was amazing.

Room Tip: I would assume that the rooms that do not face Washington would be quieter and you might inquire abo...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank KentBogle

Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

Walking distance to beach and Ocean Dr.
Upgrade to suite if possible. Front Desk staff friendly and helpful. Likely to recommend and likely to return. Super Shuttle available from Miami International Airport or $33 flat rate taxi.

1  Thank skateboard_cee
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Excellent location within easy walking distance of beach and Art Deco district. Quiet street but although the room was said to be soundproofed we were disturbed one night by other guests shouting and arguing. However having read reviews of other South Beach hotels we had a quiet time and felt safe at all times. Reception staff were very helpful and valet parking was close by. Two good restaurants around the corner, one giving discount to hotel guests but it is a pity there is no restaurant inside the hotel itself.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed February 26, 2013

This hotel is in a great location, on 4th Street, just 2 short blocks to the beach. It is an extremely short walk to the restaurants and cafes on Ocean Drive.

My room was very clean and large enough. I had a stall shower rather than a tub which was fine for me. The linens and towels are of good quality.

The only word of warning is not only for this hotel but for all of them in South Beach which is about parking. A few years ago, they had street parking in the area but now it is all by permit only so you need to find a lot or a garage to park. Harrison's has valet parking for $30 a day or, IF YOU ASK, you can park it yourself in their lot for half that price.

If you are looking for a clean place to stay in South Beach and don't need a pool or restaurant, this is an excellent choice.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Me and my wife stayed 2days after our cruise..it was food and resturant week everything was booked....harrison was all i could find on SOBE...I thought it would b a DUMP..TO MY SURPRISE IT WAS VERY NICE...I RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL!! THANX ALEJANDRO...

1  Thank scootakeyz75
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Location is great we were 10minute ride from port of Miami (have a service to take you there). Was the best night sleep of our whole trip the beds were that comfortable!!! Would definitely go back thank you.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

We came in during the Boat Show & it was a mess finding a place to stay. Our options were limited. Many places are sold out & prices are doubled during this time. With that, this was the best we could do and luckily it wasn't bad.

Simply a place to crash and get washed up. 2 blocks off the beach. It was clean though and the bed was VERY comfortable. Be sure to ask for extra towels! Housekeeping needs serious improvement. They only came once a day and late (4/5pm).

No amenities(pool, jacuzzi, gym) No ice machines, mini bar, lobby bar/restaurant or room service.

Overall, great experience and in a great location! Couple blocks from the beach and lots of great restaurants. Short walk to Big Pink for brunch & Joe's Stone Crab takeout. We stayed in room 210 and I recommend it!

Room Tip: 210 corner room
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple