“Average only but close to Art Deco hotels” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Harrison Hotel

Harrison Hotel
Ranked #182 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
Buderim, Australia
“Average only but close to Art Deco hotels”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2012

We stayed for 3 nights. The location is great, a few minutes to Ocean Drive eateries, beware the restaurant touters are annoying, trying to get you to eat at their restaurants ..very annoying.

The hotel is basic but you have to remember that they have to work with the 1930's building so amenities are small. There are no lifts so you have to carry your luggage up the very narrow and steep stairs....quite a feat for a fit male so small or elderly people be warned.

My biggest problem with this hotel is that that floors are wooden and you can hear people walking around the hotel from your room and every noise echos. You hear people coming in the hotel late at night and knocking on doors. I was woken early in the morning each day by people coming in late/early. Good news is that is has free wifi to the room.

There is a lovely little courtyard which unfortunately gets taken over by those people who smoke so we spent little time there.

Make sure you get a great deal on the net otherwise look elsewhere.

Room Tip: Book on the ground floor if you can't drag your luggage upstairs.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Czech first
  • Turkish first
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2012

The hotel was small and the entrance was on a sketchy side street. I walked through a cute courtyard to the very small reception desk. A guy offered to take my luggage, but I had no idea if he worked there or not. He was dressed in street clothes and did not have a name tag. It took me calling the hotel to get someone to come to the desk and check me in. There were no elevators. My room was small. It reminded me of European hotels. It was clean and updated. The bathroom was tiny and there was no place to set my toiletries. The floors were wood and when people with heels walked around, it was loud. On the other hand, it served my purpose of having a clean place to sleep. There are no amenities on site, so if you just need a place to shower and sleep, it served its purpose. It's located just a couple blocks from the beach. I paid $99/night, which was supposed be a special rate. I wouldn't pay any more than that to stay there. BTW, the people at the desk in the morning were much more friendly and helpful than the staff that was there in the evening.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2012

I got a deal through Bookit.com for this hotel and only paid $88. I know it's South Beach, and hotels are quite expensive, but I wouldn't have paid much more for this. While it was clean and recently updated, it was very basic. The location was quite good -- close enough to the action is SoBe without being too noisy.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Weston, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2012

Stayed 2 nights. Overall room was basic but met the needs of my wife and I. We did not have bathing towels first night but we managed to get some. Direct tv with decent channels, good clean bed, and quiet nights sleep. You could tell walls are thin however.

Things that frustrated were the front desk wants $50 to check out 2.5 hrs later for a late checkout. They were willin to hold our bags however. New came back at 430 to get bags and leave for party. We asked if there were a room of some sort or bathroom to change in real fast. The front desk said they do not have a restroom and that we should go try to change Ned door at a neighborhood restaurant????? We just spent $400 at your hotel And. Of even a closet to assist. To me it's always a out getting repeat customers and doin things that arent unreasonable.

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank Jason L

Travelers are raving about these Miami Beach hotels

Miami, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2012

Got here and the room was barely even a room. The free wireless internet as described didn't even work in our room. The air conditioner barely cooled down the room at all. After one night we decided to move to another room. The internet works now but it is slower than dial up in the late 90s, and there are no alternatives available. The tv in this room didn't work when we first arrived, but luckily I was able to fix it myself. Even if everything worked the rooms are not very nice at all. Housekeeping never came after the first night.

The staff has been extremely unhelpful throughout the entire experience. Absolutely under no circumstances would I ever stay here again or recommend this "hotel" to anyone.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Tuxedo Park, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2012

We stayed one day before and two days after our cruise. The best price in South Beach. Close to the beach and the famous strip with all the good restaurants.PLEASE DO NOT READ THE OLD REVIEWS. The NEW Harrison Hotel just reopened in Jan 2012. It is under new ownership and the hotel has been renovated.The beds are new and the rooms are clean and spacious.The manager, Valentina goes beyond the call of duty to make you stay enjoyable.She was very accommodating.I would go back.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Washington DC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2012

When I found out that I was going to Miami for a conference and that all the rooms at the main hotels were booked, I had to go with plan B. Find somewhere decent to stay. After logging on to http://bookit.com I found a deal to stay 4 nights, rental car and flight for less than $1000 for 2 people. What a bargain! It's not a a Hilton or Westin, but I have to say that I was very pleased with the accommodations and location.

It's a good 15 to 20 minute drive from the airport in South Beach. There are good restaurants around the corner and it's walking distance to shopping and the beach. If you have a car, there's a parking lot behind the building that charges $25 a day. It's actually cheaper to just head straight to the entrance and leave it with the hotel valets for $20 a day. Their a cool group of guys that are very courteous and don't expect tips for some reason. I tipped them anyway.

It's a boutique hotel. It's kinda small. There's no room service and the maids are really slow. I noticed that they didn't get to our room until late in the afternoon. One day they didn't even make it at all. And then a manager or someone came knocking on our door at around 5pm asking if we still needed service. I just turned him away. We had been out since early morning and I needed to unwind.

Our room was actually spacious. It had a kingsized bed, 40 inch flat screen tv, small desk and a couple of chairs. An '80s painting of a Japanese Geisha decorated the wall. The closet was a little strange and tight and the bathroom was ok except for the fact that they put in some fancy sink which was basically a square with a giant bowl on top. It was a little difficult to keep your toiletries on it. There was no dresser. I found that a little odd. It reminded of the little hotel rooms in Europe, but with more space.

Free wifi was provided, but didn't really work in the rooms, You had to take your laptop to the courtyard to get a signal. If your a techno geek, the alarm clocks have a special dock for you ipod/phone.

So if you want to stay in South Beach in a hotel with no elevators and close to a lot of amenities, this place is A-OK.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business