“Will not stay any where else.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Churchill Suites Monte Carlo Miami Beach

Churchill Suites Monte Carlo Miami Beach
Houston, Texas
“Will not stay any where else.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

We have stayed with Churchill Suites many times. The Monte Carlo is a great place to stay but it is not like many other hotels on Miami Beach, you get more than a hotel room you get a full size apartment. We always stay for more than a week and really enjoy that this place has a fully furnished beautiful kitchen, some times it is a lot easier to make yourself breakfast or lunch before heading to the beach with out having to pay or travel anywhere. They do not offer room service but you are provided with every kitchen appliance and utensil that you could possibly need, including a washer and dryer! The hotel is located in what is considered North Beach but it's only a few miles to South Beach, South Beach can be extremely crazy and hard to navigate, being here you are close enough to the shops but not in the heart of the madness. The other great thing about this place is that you can park your own vehicle. Valet parking is nice but it sucks having to wait for some one to go get or park your car.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank christymt_2004
ChurchillSuitesMgr, Manager at Churchill Suites Monte Carlo Miami Beach, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Thank you for your review and for sharing your experience during your recent stay at Churchill Suites Monte Carlo Miami Beach. It was certainly nice to hear that you and your family continue to stay with Churchill Suites and “will not stay anywhere else”! We appreciate you taking the time to note some of the perks we offer in our apartment suites as we do our best to think of our guests’ needs during their stay. Once again, thank you and we look forward to serving you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Korean first
Miami, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

A few days before the 4th of July my husband and I decided to book a room on the beach. We knew it was going to come with a pricetag since not only was it last minute but we wanted something on the beachfront. We decided to go on priceline and landed the Monte Carlo at a great price. I saw the pictures and was very impressed however we have been deceived before by pictures of upgraded rooms at other hotels that turned out not to be so upgraded. But then I read that the hotel was just rebuilt this year. No wonder there was no TripAdvisor page yet! So i messaged them through Facebook and got a prompt reply. They were confident that I would love my stay and told me to read the few reviews they had on booking.com. 9/10! Not too bad!

When my husband and I got there on 07/3 we walked into a crisp white lobby with two front desk employees. I immediately noticed that they are still working on the lobby. They had a slab of plywood as their front desk. Then we were told that they were waiting for the keys. There was another family waiting for their keys too, they looked frustrated. I told myself "oh no..." After waiting for approximately 10 mins they finally brought us our keys in an envelope. Not what Im use to, they dont have card keys. Was told to park in their side garage. The garage spaces are very narrow so be careful with large SUVs and trucks! I thought this was a plus! Self parking in a garage, for FREE!

We were on the 13th floor. Oddly enough this hotel has a 13th floor (eeek) my husband has a mild case of Triskaidekaphobia. He got over it this one time once we walked in our "apartment" I say apartment because it does not feel like a hotel room AT ALL. It was gorgeous! It smelled so clean. We toured around the hotel went to the 5th floor pool deck, it was awesome You can sit in the whirlpool with a great ocean view LOVED IT. Went to the ground floor pool it was great, liked the 5th floor better though! Easy access to the beach was great! They have a full equipped fitness center which is great for those that want to squeeze in a workout! The room was an ocean view deluxe, we had a great view of the ocean and bay.

Now my only concerns were the following but didnt ruin my trip nor affects my decision on staying here again (i will! believe me!):

No Safety box in the room

No dead bolt lock - very important when you have children running around.

No phone connection to front desk- i found this a little inconvenient when i needed to contact housekeeping for extra towels and pillows

No doorknob hangers - Was only hoping Housekeeping wouldnt walk in on us while napping ;)

The Wifi connection in the room was a little in and out and the Wifi in the public areas were not working. Front desk did however let us login through their secured connection

The gate door from the beach to the hotel was always locked, so unless you were tall enough to reach over and push the door out, you really couldnt go back into the hotel. When i brought this up to the young lady in the front desk, im not too sure she understood me because she kept on giving me alternate ways to get to the pool. I didnt try to explain it any further, my husband just had to reach over and open the door whenever we went out to the beach.

And lastly, since we enjoyed our stay so much at the Monte Carlo we wanted to add an extra night. At any other hotel you would just go to the front desk and they will key in some info in the computer to tell you whether you would be able to add another night or not but not here. I had to call customer service (in NJ) which was closed by the time i called so i attempted to call their "emergency 24 hr #" (i was scheduled to checkout the following morning so i needed talk to someone that same day) they were just able to get my information down and leave a message on the customer service line and hope there was someone still there to call me back and help me. Luckily there was and I was able to book another night. YAY!!!

All in all I definitely recommend the Monte Carlo. Their service needs a little, just a little tweaking but I'm sure with time that will also be top notch!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 3 of 5 stars
7 Thank DIORLOU
ChurchillSuitesMgr, Manager at Churchill Suites Monte Carlo Miami Beach, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Thank you for choosing Churchill Suites Monte Carlo Miami Beach.
We are happy you enjoyed your stay during the July 4th holiday weekend!
The items mentioned in your review will be addressed as soon as possible; in fact, the door hangers arrived today and the safes and other items will be added shortly.
We appreciate your business and your review and look forward to hosting you again!