I had originally chosen The Angler's as our hotel for our 1 week trip to SoBe, but at the last moment I changed it to The Palm Central Hotel right on Ocean Drive which meant right on the music, noise, people. Not the type of hotel we wanted since this was our last "honeymoon" trip before our baby arrives in Dec. So I called the Angler's the next day, they had a studio room available (more expensive than The Palm but peace &quite are worth it) and when we got there, 15 min later, it was no longer available...but Stephanie, the FOB, proposed that we stay in a deluxe 2 floor suite with private garden for the first night as a reasonable price & move to the studio room the next day.
We accepeted & boy are we glad we did !! We ended up staying in the suite all week at the price of the studio room !! We dined in their restaurant, the 660 (the short ribs are to die for), enjoyed their buffet breakfast (much cheaper & more delicious than breakfast at other places on Ocean Drive), and sunbathed in our private garden every morning. The staff was incredibly nice & efficient (Juan Carlos, the breakfast waiter is wonderful !!) and everyone made sure that anything we asked for was done.
It's location is 2 blocks away from the beach and Ocean Drive, near a lot of great restaurants plus you can take the bus to Lincoln Road just 2 min away from the hotel.
The only things we thought could be better was 1) the valet service, which took too long to bring the car (we were 30 min late to our restaurant one night because of it) & 2) the beach/parasol service should be free considering the price you pay for the room (that is something The Palms Central did offer). But I have to say, their beach bag is very stylish & they do provide you with great towels & water bottles.
We are definitely recommending this hotel to our friends. If you like trendy, hip, modern (no wall to wall carpet !!!) hotels that give great service without being overbearing, this hotel is for you. What we loved is the fact that SoBe is also for the 30+ crowd who enjoys fine dining, the beach, the shops...but is not willing to sleep in small, crowded, noisy rooms like waaaaayyyy back then !! We are not old, we just like comfort !! Thank you Angler's staff for making our 2nd honeymoon unforgattable !!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled deep just off Washington Avenue one would not expect to find a unique collection of accommodations and lushly landscaped atmosphere that promises to instill a sense of relaxation the moment you enter. Privacy by design, on rooftop terraces, private gardens and private Jacuzzis. The pool is a perfect retreat to bask in by sun or moon. Unlike most hotels, at Kimpton Angler's you will instantly feel as though you are in a friends home, with furnishings, fixtures and services that meet even the most discriminating traveler. Stay a night, a week or longer. This is your new home away from home. Four legged friends are welcome too. Choose your suite for the perfect retreat for family, friends, honeymoon, girlfriend's getaway, business trip, long holiday, special occasion or just a break from the ordinary. This is a charming and lovely taste of the tropics, as never before seen in South Beach. With a subtle mix of international flavor and style clientele from all parts of the globe, all will convene and feel welcome. At once the hotel is discreet while managing to be the center of the attention all at the same time. Energies flow amongst tower suites, garden lounge, and intimate communal pool where relaxing or growing your circle of friends is the order of the day. With a unique approach melding fine island living with historic charm and elegance, we invite you to come be a part of Kimpton Angler's. Step into an era of simple yet stylish beauty and sophistication. Spacious Studios and Duplex Suites offer a new level of hospitality that you are sure to enjoy. Set in the heart of the historic art deco district, travelers are invited to take their place in public or in private. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your The Angler's Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Angler`s Boutique Hotel Miami Beach
- The Anglers Boutique Hotel