We stayed two nights & had a fabulous second floor poolside room, large room & bathroom, two balconies, nice sitting area with couch & wet bar. We liked the design of the room, contemporary, upscale, clean, reminded me of Kimpton Hotels, which we love. Rooms are very nice, but there is some wear & tear, towel rack loose, walls chipped, a few minor things that need TLC.
They sent us an email asking our arrival time, & we told them 3 pm, which is checkin time. But room was not ready when we arrived. No big deal, we got drinks and food on the patio. It would have been nice if they gave a welcome drink, especially since our room was not ready for another hour or so. We had just come up from Key West, & our favorite, Marquesa, another boutique type hotel, provides a welcome glass of wine to all guests.
We ate three times at the restaurant, drinks & appetizers inside, lunch poolside as well as lunch outside upon arrival. We did not go for dinner but we liked the food and service a lot, it is upscale and excellent. The restaurant is in the lobby along with a lounge, small bar, and outside tables.
The pool is small but a nice oasis from the street chaos. If management makes one improvement, they should redesign the layout of the seating. There are only about 6 lounge chairs, and one could not be used because the cushion was wet and they obviously don't have a spare. Without a cushion, they are impossible to use, because they are iron, and they will burn you, they get so hot. They also have 2 couches, which one person usually hogs, and 2 covered tents with couches and tables in them. But one day the "tent people" were hogging 4 of the precious lounge chairs in front of their tents. They also have a tented shower, which no one used, but takes up valuable space. Needless to say, we could not get seating until later on. They should ditch or move the shower, couches, maybe even ditch the tents they are so big, move the water jug/trash can set up, and fit as many lounge chairs as they can...some that don't burn you if there are no cushions on them.
Hotel rates are pretty reasonable and a good value. Parking is a small fortune, we paid it both days, but later i found 2 self park lots right on 6th & 7th streets. Note to self for next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled deep just off Washington Avenue one would not expect to find a unique collection of accommodations and lushly landscaped atmosphere that promises to instill a sense of relaxation the moment you enter. Privacy by design, on rooftop terraces, private gardens and private Jacuzzis. The pool is a perfect retreat to bask in by sun or moon. Unlike most hotels, at Kimpton Angler's you will instantly feel as though you are in a friends home, with furnishings, fixtures and services that meet even the most discriminating traveler. Stay a night, a week or longer. This is your new home away from home. Four legged friends are welcome too. Choose your suite for the perfect retreat for family, friends, honeymoon, girlfriend's getaway, business trip, long holiday, special occasion or just a break from the ordinary. This is a charming and lovely taste of the tropics, as never before seen in South Beach. With a subtle mix of international flavor and style clientele from all parts of the globe, all will convene and feel welcome. At once the hotel is discreet while managing to be the center of the attention all at the same time. Energies flow amongst tower suites, garden lounge, and intimate communal pool where relaxing or growing your circle of friends is the order of the day. With a unique approach melding fine island living with historic charm and elegance, we invite you to come be a part of Kimpton Angler's. Step into an era of simple yet stylish beauty and sophistication. Spacious Studios and Duplex Suites offer a new level of hospitality that you are sure to enjoy. Set in the heart of the historic art deco district, travelers are invited to take their place in public or in private. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Kimpton Angler's Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Angler`s Boutique Hotel Miami Beach
- The Anglers Boutique Hotel