“Good Hotel & Nice Location”

Kimpton Angler's Hotel
Ranked #20 of 210 Hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed December 29, 2012

I stayed one night at the Anglers Hotel, and really wanted to have a great stay. Unfortunately, the fire alarms went off twice during the night with false alarms, so my sleep was ruined. The property was nice, and the room clean, modern and comfortable. If you want to be close to South Beach, without the noise of the clubs and street traffic, then this is your place . . assuming that they get the faulty fire alarm fixed.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
James A, General Manager at Kimpton Angler's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2012

Thank you for recently being our guest and for sharing your feedback.

I am glad that you enjoyed your visit with us with the exception of the fire alarm. We had a wire go bad in one of the pull stations that caused it to go off in the middle of the night. I am truly sorry that this occurred and impacted your sleep. We have indeed addressed the challenge but I still feel that we should do more to make up for it. Please e-mail me your contact information at Jayres@theanglersresort.com so that I can learn more and hopefully make the situation right. It is only through your input that we continue to improve.

There are newer reviews for Kimpton Angler's Hotel

Reviewed December 25, 2012

This was my 4th or fifth visit to Angler's with my partner or alone. Each time the customer service has improved. Mark and Jessica are especially helpful. A new restaurant menu along with friendly, intelligent servers and a wonderful, quiet location and luxurious intimate pool rounded out our r&r week's stay. We came back to Boston rested and refreshed. Thank you Anglers !

4  Thank waterboi
James A, General Manager at Kimpton Angler's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2012

Thank you for your recent visit and the kind review!

I'm very happy that you enjoyed your fourth visit so thoroughly. It's an enormous compliment to our property and team that you have visited so often. We work hard to constantly better our level of service and quality of product so that our guest's expectations are always exceeded. Marc and Jessica are wonderful team members and push themselves to improve each day. They are strong examples of the caliber of team members throughout The Angler's that tirelessly work to exceed our guest's expectations. I'm humbled to lead such an amazing team.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

I booked a Studio King Suite with a Pool View for a bachelorette party in December. I was a little nervous about staying at the hotel because it seemed to have an "exclusive, private" vibe. Even though only three of us were staying at the hotel, all the girls were meeting there before we went out, and I really didn't want to have to worry about bothering the neighbors and noise complaints from a snooty staff.

All my fears immediately disappeared the minute i checked in. The staff could not have been more welcoming and accommodating, and they were not put off at all about everyone meeting there. In fact, they knocked on our door with a complimentary bottle of champagne, and went above and beyond in making sure we had everything we needed - helpful but not overbearing

In addition, the "suite" (more accurately entitled "villa" given its size) was absolutely gorgeous and very private, so we really didn't have to worry about bothering the other guests (and they didn't have to worry about us). The suite had three floors in total, with the living room and bathroom and small outside veranda on bottom, bedroom, balcony and smaller bathroom on the second floor and a private terrace on the roof, which was a perfect place for us to relax and catch up before we went out for the night. The suite was also poolside, with two very lovely cabanas that were open to all the guests.

I can also say that even though I was there for a bachelorette party, it was a very romantic, private yet welcoming atmosphere. It seemed to be the perfect place for couples.

The only downside I can think of with respect to this hotel was the parking, however, if you are making the choice to stay in south beach, you have to expect there will be parking issues. My advice, anticipate having to pay the daily valet rate to avoid hunting around for a space.

It is hard to find an accommodating, friendly hotel staff member in South Beach, who isn't going to try and hustle you for a $50 fishbowl full of liquor. So as amazing as the accommodations are, the thing that makes this hotel unique, particularly in South Beach, is the staff. They are welcoming, helpful and friendly and they seem to be much more concerned with having a guest return to their hotel then making a quick buck.

I can say with total assurance that I definitely anticipate returning to Anglers Boutique and I would recommend it to anyone looking to stay in South Beach.

Room Tip: book a room by the pool, the rooms are private, relaxing and convenient.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
6  Thank beckgreen

Thank you for your recent visit as our honored guest and for the glowing review!

I am so happy that you enjoyed your visit at such a high level. It sounds as if you had a truly magnificent stay and that your expectations were routinely exceeded. We work very hard to make certain that our guest's visits go perfectly. I'm honored to work with such a group of genuine hospitality professionals who truly enjoy pampering our guests. I'll make certain to share your feedback with all of the team.

Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

We arrived tired and grubby from a week in Haiti. It was such a nice touch that Jessica escorted us to our room and completed the registration there. Our stay was a combination of R&R and some business planning. The sitting area of our room worked very well for our business session, spreading out with papers. This was my 7th trip to South Beach. Each prior time I have stayed on Ocean Drive which can be very noisy. Being at the tranquil Anglers, just two blocks from the beach, was perfect for our needs. I plan to return again and again.

• Stayed: December 2012
5  Thank joannaOrleans_Ma
James A, General Manager at Kimpton Angler's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2012

Thank you for your recent visit and kind review!

I'm very happy that you enjoyed your stay so completely. It sounds like you were able to truly enjoy The Angler's experience. I'll make certain to share your kind words with Jessica personally.

Reviewed December 15, 2012

We live in Canada and Miami is often times a gateway to and from more southern points of travel. Its a fun place to stop to enjoy "civilisation" before heading home. With that said, the options in Miami Beach seem endless with hotels, motels, rentals, appartments, and everything in between.
Its been my experience that places below the price-point of Anglers can be dicey: sometimes OK, sometimes not-so-much. It wouldn't matter so much if all you're looking for is a place to sleep and damned the amneties....nothing wrong with staying at the regular "chains" or whatever. If you want a notch above without paying ritz prices, The Anglers is the place. I was actually very happy to find this place on Tripadvisor. At first I thought "#1 means $500+/night, right?" But no, they were reasonable (higher than the chains, but much less than the high-end joints). My point being that you get what you pay for. In the case of The Anglers, you seem to get a bit more.
Pros: caring staff, personalized welcome and service, impeccable rooms (they're really nice - no junky air conditioning or tub grout or whatever), manager meet&greet (Thursday only when we were there), small fridge.
Cons: Not necessarily a "fault", but we chose a two-floor room (the spiral staircase certainly looked cool on the website)........wanna bottle of water outta the fridge at 3:00am? climb down then back up half asleep.....wanna brush your teeth before heading out? climb the stairs to the bathroom and back down....forgot something in your suitcase by the bed? up the stairs and back down....
Remedy: don't choose a 2 floor room (we actually asked to see the most basic room and it looked great).
Parking: they charge $29/day for valet parking. This may seem off putting, but I assume you could seek out your own parking for $20 per day or so.

My final thoughts (as spoken to my wife); theres a cost to staying at a nice place. This cost varies from place to place. The Anglers is definitely a nice (I'd say 'great') place which costs more than the "budget" joints, but much less than the big name joints. For this, you get personalized service (makes you feel good), clean rooms, comfy beds, tasteful decor, stereo system(s), etc etc.......plus history to boot.

The Anglers is our new Miami Beach retreat.

Room Tip: Main "old building" to avoid up/down staircase
7  Thank lala067

Thank you for recently being our honored guest and for the glowing feedback!

I am so happy that you were able to escape the early Montreal winter at our tropical gem! It sounds like your expectations were routinely exceeded. That is a tremendous compliment from such a knowledgable traveler! We take great pride in making our guests feel at home and to provide a level of service that is not only professional but also friendly.

Reviewed December 14, 2012

We were greeted outside the door of the hotel. With a quick check-in process, we were told that they upgraded our room to a dublex room with private whirlpool. The room was so clean and well equiped. Even you can find a umbrealla and beach towels. It was really great to find a private outside whirlpool with full of hot water after 25 hours journey from Turkey.
In the restaurant and front desk everybody was so friendly. Especially the reception was so helpful to get some informations about Miami. They entered into long explanations about what to do in the city.
The Angler's is an only place that we could use wi-fi free of charge.
We recommend this hotel to everybody who will visit to Miami.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank SERAY_ERHAN
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Just finished our second visit to the Angler's Boutique Resort in Miami and were very delighted with our stay. This hotel is perfect for a stay in Miami. A great location, only two blocks from the beach but worlds away from all the noise that you get staying on the beach. The staff at the Angler's is first class and really care that your stay is enjoyable. On our first visit we had a wonderful room, but unfortunately terribly loud and rude neighbors who were playing music at a super high decibel and cussing extremely loud. We complained to the front desk and the manager came to our room. First of all, he was very apologetic and requested that our neighbors tone it down. They did not and he continued to try to get them to be quite. Most hotels would just give up, but he kept trying. (We learned that they could not throw them out until 11:00 pm) so he offered to move us which worked. The hotel was fully booked and we had to move to a smaller room (but it was also nice) This visit they upgraded us to a Suite because of our previous problem. Everything this time was perfect, from the moment you arrive and they take you directly from the Valet to your room and offer a welcome drink. Our suite was fantastic, three stories, a living room and full bathroom downstairs, a bedroom and full bathroom on the second floor and a wonderful deck with shower on the top floor.... Wow.... You couldn’t ask for a better place.

Room Tip: If you can get one of the pool side suites, it is very worth the cost.
6  Thank JulieTampa