“This is no.1 for a reason-it is the best”

Kimpton Angler's Hotel
Ranked #25 of 210 Hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed April 20, 2012

We love this hotel..... Whenever we come to South Beach we try & stay here....... The staff are very helpful and friendly and volunteer information that will enhance your stay... They really want to make sure you have a good time/experience.......... We've stayed here with and without our (grown up) kids & they love it too......
The rooms are all great in our experience.... The air-con work very well, this can't be said of all hotels in SoBe! Good housekeeping, all the rooms are clean and bug free, this is brilliant news in Florida!!!!! There are fridges/wet bars and in room enteertainment you can accutally operate..... Plenty of towels, super fine sheets & great toiletries (Gilchrist&Soames), they have separate shampoo & conditioner, always a plus in my opinion...... Very good bar &restaurant. Lovely pool area, which although you may think is a little small but it's such a sun trap that I really don't think you could 'toast' for very long... There's always the massive beach two blocks away...... Which brings me onto the location, this is excellent in our opinion, as you're so near to Ocean Drive but with out the grief of the noise!!!!!! All in all a fabulous 'find', we can't recommend it highly enough!

9  Thank TravelFun24
Jayres, General Manager at Kimpton Angler's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2012

Thank you for your recent visit with us and the glowing review!

I'm delighted that your expectations were consistently exceeded. It sounds like you had a wonderful time and recharged your batteries while here at The Angler's.

I'll share your comments with the entire team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to your tropical home again soon.

Warm regards,

James E. Ayres

There are newer reviews for Kimpton Angler's Hotel

Reviewed April 19, 2012

My wife and I and two friends hired a car from Miami airpirt and after driving around for a while, we found it between 6th and 7th on Washington Street, not easily identifiable (if you are not use to American roads) this however adds to the charm of the place. Valet Parking is expensive so if you can park elsewhere I would recommend this.The hotel itself is set back and indeed away from Ocean Drive so you can get a good nights sleep. The room we stayed in 301 was spot on, spacious with a good size living area and a nice big bed, seperate from the living area. The pool area as mentioned is slightly small but again is the character of the Hotel, if you want bigger go to the sea! The staff are excellent and we did have a slight problem with air conditioning but the guys on the front desk in the Morning sorted this out swiftly and more than made up for it. I would highly recommend this place, and the Breakfast wrap was out of this world. It may not be five star in what people are expecting (Pool size/towells/furniture....) but the staff and character of the place defintely take it that way! Thanks All at the hotel for a superb stay!!
Ann and Barry

4  Thank Barry_M81

Thank you for recently being our honored guests at The Angler's.

It sounds like you had a wonderful time. I'm glad you enjoyed what the resort had to offer. We take great pride in being the upscale hideaway.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I'm humbled to work with this fantastic team.

We look forward to welcoming you home again soon.

Regards,

James Ayres

Reviewed April 16, 2012

Miami has lots of options, and I have tried many, but Angler's is by far my favorite. The room was brand new and much larger than expected (and we stayed in a basic rate room). Large enough for a full living room furniture set with desk and bar. It was very well appointed with modern, clean furnishings and many cool features including a home theater and a huge shower (for 2).

The management staff has it all covered. I was impressed that not only the desk staff, but the service staff, captains, and bell staff made it their business to learn and know mine and my girlfriend's names. The hotel manager himself called our room to see if there was anything he could do for us and to be sure that our experience was positive. This must be what a "Boutique Hotel" means..... All this for the ones who had the cheapest room in the place!!!!

The pool is extremely nice, but breakfast by the pool was tops. All you can drink Bloody's??? Really??? Nice touch!!!

I will be back soon.... When traveling for business and weekend getaway's. This is my Miami spot for sure.

2  Thank Mitchell S
Reviewed April 16, 2012

I have to say that the staff at this hotel were so friendly and very personable. When my flight got cancelled the lady at the front desk did all she could to help me and calm me down. They made me feel like I was the only guest there. They were also helpful in providing recomendations on local restaurants. The room was nice; my view wasn't the best. I had a standard room which just had a shower. If you are like me and love to take baths make sure your room has one.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Stephanie H
Reviewed April 14, 2012

Seriously, I should have taken more notice of the reviews pointing out that this hotel should not be rated number 1 in South Beach. It really is not that good. The location is okay, just a few blocks from the beach. Nice walk to most South Beach locations, but the overall ambience and service nowhere near justifies the rates. It does not have the warm homely feel of a boutique hotel. The service is perfectly friendly, but not excellent. There have been a lot of mistakes from missed restaurant bookings to lack of knowledge of the local area. The rooms again are okay, but they are not expensively furnished. The drapes do not even fit the windows. They have gone for an expensive look, but have clearly not spent money. Virtually none of the electrics worked properly from the TV speakers to the hairdryers. The air conditioning in our room, one of the jacuzzi suites, was so loud it sounded like an engine starting and constantly woke us up at night. Whilst our bed was very nice, the sofa bed is completely unacceptable and sags in the middle. It is impossible to get luggage up the spiral staircase into the bedroom and the staff did not offer to do it. The hotel could not supply the following: Mosquito spray, despite having a serious problem, board games, playstation/Wii, despite this being advertised in the guest literature. There is no shower gel supplied, just shampoo and conditioner. The pool is small, much smaller than it looks on the website and there are very few loungers. The towels are not quality. The restaurant is okay, but had what I can only descfribe as the worst mojito ever from the bar. The Jacuzzi is nice, but is in the front garden of the villa which borders the main road. Not very relaxing. There is absolutely no view to speak of from the rooms. There are many better options. I do sometimes wish that reviewers had more experience of really good hotels. This is not one of them.

Room Tip: Dont, go to a different hotel instead.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank mustbefivestar
Reviewed April 12, 2012

We stayed there with six kids in the age of 7 to 19 years. We had two big rooms, both with sofas. It's a short walk to the beach, they provide you with beach bags with towels and water. Also restaurants and shops are nearby.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank xonthebeach
Reviewed April 11, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for a few days, post-cruise. As we disembarked early, there was no problem with us getting a very early check-in. The room was great (on two floors) but it was a bit of a struggle getting the suitcases up the spiral staircase. There were two bathrooms but hardly any hanging or drawer space for clothes. However, these were small issues and otherwise, it was spacious and we loved the music system which enabled us to play our iPod throughout, including in the bathroom. The food and service were excellent both for lunch and dinner. Front of house staff really friendly and helpful and went the extra mile for us - we had to check-in online on our last night at 8.45pm, so as we wanted to go out for dinner, Jessica not only checked us in and printed our boarding passes but even brought them over to us in the restaurant (Grazie) across the road! Beat that. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple