“A True Spa Experience” 5 of 5 bubbles

18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 81 helpful votes
“A True Spa Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

The spa at the Standard is a once a year treat for me and my friends. Once upon a time we thought about trying somewhere new, but the experience at the Standard is so great we always return. We agreed that this year was even better than previous years. The services are pricey, yes, but you won't get a spa experience to complement the services like you do here. The spa is worth paying extra for your services for.

This year my massage was given by Barbara. She's a slight woman and I confess I originally thought that it would be a light massage this year. Don't let appearances deceive you. Barbara had amazingly strong hands and she did wonders for my tight spots, reaching places that had tension that no one had worked out before. So relaxing and yet I walked away loose limbed.

I had a facial with Liliana that I enjoyed immensely. A very sweet woman who clearly knows skin. The facial was relaxing and she gave a wonderful head and shoulder massage while I had my mask. She used these cold globes on my face that felt amazing. My skin felt terrific after.

The spa itself is so much fun to hang out in. The hamman and steam room are so great for relaxing after services. Then we go and have lunch by the water and use the pool and rainfall hot tub. Our lunch was delicious--the Peruvian grilled shrimp salad was very tasty. The drinks are great and they'll serve them poolside.

We make our service appointments for the morning so we can spend the entire afternoon at the pool. We never want to leave and count the days till our next visit next year.

Visited December 2012

Miami, Florida
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Great services”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

Love this space as everyone does but I feel service is inconsistant. As in a little disorganized at the staff desk. I feel they have raised the prices significantly over the years as well. It went from our little local gem to a well charged hotel spa. Services are excellent I might add but not worth $$$ for the services when I know there are places like Massage by design which offer just as amazing massages for a fraction. But I won't take away from the fact the space is gorgeous. I will always go back.

Visited November 2012
Albany, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Excellent Spa!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

I took my sister here for part her "bachelorette" weekend. This was my first visit to the spa - and it was great! We both got the Standard massage - 60 min - and enjoyed our afternoon in the spa. We spent a while in the Haman room after our massages - we really enjoyed the tranquility of the room and loved the Aroma steam room and sound shower. Unfortunately, it was raining, so we didnt get to enjoy the rest of the grounds, but I would definitely return to this spa.

Visited October 2012
Chicago, Illinois
64 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 124 helpful votes
“Interesting spa -”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

Overall, I gave it 4 of 5, the massage was good and the facility was clean. The front desk was a little slow and registration is on the third floor, lockers on the second floor, and the pool on the 1st floor. It was a little strange to move up and down :(. The pools were great and the food service was good too. It is kind of European and adult...topless women were in good fashion ;) The crowd was rather young, 20's to 30's.

Visited September 2012
Miami Beach, FL 33139
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Nice Spa facilities”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

The spa is wonderful but the restaurant leaves much to be desired the service is horrible you can wait an hour for your meal to come and then its cold. The menu selection is very good and the french fries great but the wait time is awful. I eat at the Standard quit a bit and its gotten to the point where i think twice because of the poor service and cold food. The spa facilities are wonderful and I would highly recommend them to anyone

Visited September 2012