James Hotel
$269
$242
  • Pool
The Miami Beach EDITION(Miami Beach)
$329
$383
$279
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $341/night.

Grand Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$199
  • Pool
The Palms Hotel & Spa(Miami Beach)
$169
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $212/night.

Fontainebleau Miami Beach(Miami Beach)
$302
$249
  • Beachfront
Kimpton Surfcomber Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$249
$189
Orbitz.com
  • Beachfront
Mondrian South Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$199
  • Pool
Eden Roc Miami Beach Resort(Miami Beach)
$248
Orbitz.com
$329
$310
Agoda.com
  • Beachfront
All reviewsmicrowave and refrigeratorsouth beachlincoln roadstaff was helpful and friendlyceiling fanwould stay againbeds were comfortableminute walk to the beachone night stayroom was largesmall hotelearly checkthe location is perfectthe ritzkeyssobesofa
Reviewed May 12, 2013

We had booked thru Booking.com and the hotel (on pictures) looked quite cute. Well, when we got there, we were shocked. The smell coming out of that first room was so horrible, and it didn't look like any of the pictures, the receiptionist was nice but didn't speak much English. After we told him that we didn't want to stay in the first room, he showed us 2 more. They were all disgusting, smelly, the A/C was fixed to the wall with duct tape, the closet was dark and had a very bad smell, furniture looked like it was super old and everything looked dirty, I didn't dare to check out the bathrooms. In the lobby you had some old people hanging around and outside by the parking some druggies, all pretty depressing, sad and creepy. No need to mention that we didn't stay there. The only one good thing was that the owner didn't charge us a cancellation fee.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Grazi66
Reviewed March 8, 2013

We have just checked into our hotel and already this place is HORRRIFIC. The luggage took an hour to get yo stairs
The sheets on the bed are not clean and our room is as small as a postage stamp for 500 a night.
A partial ocean view room is a real stretch and the furn is crammed in and vey uncomfortable
The A/C is dubious at best
This is a rip off and DO NOT REAT OUR MISTAKE and stay here
Oh and the front desk personnel could not care less

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank samjacobson
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Avoid James Hotel, South Beach Miami. Most of the hotels at South Beach were sold out last week in February 2013 so we ended up at this terrible place.Paid USD 2042 for 8 nights. No value for money. Non existing cleaning, rooms very poorly furnished and filthy, depressive experience. And if this wouldn´t be enough, this hotel has pets: BEDBUGS!
A friendly warning to all our fellow travellers, stay away from James hotel!
No pool, no restaurant, no nothing.
The only positive thing is relatively nice location.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank srpvstmn
Reviewed February 25, 2013

spent a couple of months at the James Hotel.. (2nd time) was obviously happy with my first stay (or wouldn't have gone back) but would have to say this year was even better.. my room was quite nice, a little bigger than the previous year.. all the rooms seem to be a little different. 2 beds, (some rooms have 1 bed) nice linen & comforters.. great tv, really clear with lots of channels.. big fridge, microwave, strong air conditioner, nice shower.. it's a fairly simple room, a couple of dressers, a table and lamp, 2-3 paintings on the wall, nice tile on the floor, colourful curtains.. nothing sensational, but I was very comfortable there for my stay and was made to feel very at home, I found the staff and cleaning ladies very friendly.. The $$$ is very reasonable by SOBE standard.. (which is really big $$$) I have checked about 15-20 places in the last couple of years out of curiosity, and they have almost all been much more $$... and the 3-4 that were similarly priced didn't seem as nice. Anyway, it's a FANTASTIC location.. 1 min. to the action. I hope to be returning for years to come.. overall, I'd give the room about a 6-7 out of ten, but location, staff helpfulness, price & atmosphere of the place probably an 8 out of ten.. if you're expecting the ritz carlton you will be disappointed, but if you're satisfied with a nice bed, good tv, and being close to everything, you wont be.. after all, you're prob. not in Miami beach to be hangin' out in your room much anyway... another good thing, I've always found the place (hallways) kept quite clean, clean towells, sheets etc..

Room Tip: All the rooms are different, so you might want to look at a couple of them.. some are a bit bigger than others, and different colours etc.. there are 1 and 2 bed rooms, the 2 are a little more $.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank daver1118
Reviewed February 11, 2013

We spend the night in South Beach and I found this hotel on Booking.com. At $139 a night, this was one of the best prices in South Beach and after reading a few reviews it seemed pretty decent. We knew we wouldn't be in the room for long. But- YIKES!! The women at the desk didn't speak much English at all (I know... I know- it is Miami- but you need to be able to communicate!!) She grunted a gestured to try and communicate what she wanted, so it was kind of like a game of charades, but not fun. Then we get the option of two rooms- keep in mind, I picked the better of the two. The room was the most disgusting, dirty hotel room I have ever encountered. After immediately checking for bed bugs (at least all clear there), we toured the room. The faucet in the bathroom was a trickle, and took 5 min to get lukewarm. The bathroom window (on the first floor!) was completely off track and sitting in the window sill, propped against the wall. I stuck coat hangers in the track hoping to keep thieves and killers out. The floor was sticky throughout, the shower was unusable due to the overwhelming smell of mildew (we didn't even try the faucet to see if there was any pressure). I am by no means high-maintenance, but when we stumbled back into the hotel that night, I slept on top of the covers with all my clothes on (I know the top sheet is the dirtiest but I was truly afraid of pulling back the covers- who knows what may have lurked under them). My call- spend the extra money and stay away. Location is great, walking distance to fun places and a cheap cab ride to Ocean but I felt like I needed to bleach myself after leaving.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple