James Hotel
$328
Official Site
  • Beachfront
Hotel Croydon(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$128
$98
Savings alert! 42% below average rates

The price you found is 42% lower than this hotel's average rate of $170/night.

The Miami Beach EDITION(Miami Beach)
$340
$329
$309
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $358/night.

Grand Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$189
  • Pool
The Palms Hotel & Spa(Miami Beach)
$169
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $206/night.

Kimpton Surfcomber Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$249
$189
  • Beachfront
Eden Roc Miami Beach Resort(Miami Beach)
$279
Orbitz.com
  • Beachfront
Mondrian South Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$199
  • Pool
Fontainebleau Miami Beach(Miami Beach)
$302
$233
Priceline
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $263/night.

All reviewsmicrowave and refrigeratorsouth beachlincoln roadstaff was helpful and friendlyceiling fanwould stay againbeds were comfortableminute walk to the beachone night stayroom was largesmall hotelearly checkthe location is perfectthe ritzkeyssobesofa
Reviewed February 25, 2013

spent a couple of months at the James Hotel.. (2nd time) was obviously happy with my first stay (or wouldn't have gone back) but would have to say this year was even better.. my room was quite nice, a little bigger than the previous year.. all the rooms seem to be a little different. 2 beds, (some rooms have 1 bed) nice linen & comforters.. great tv, really clear with lots of channels.. big fridge, microwave, strong air conditioner, nice shower.. it's a fairly simple room, a couple of dressers, a table and lamp, 2-3 paintings on the wall, nice tile on the floor, colourful curtains.. nothing sensational, but I was very comfortable there for my stay and was made to feel very at home, I found the staff and cleaning ladies very friendly.. The $$$ is very reasonable by SOBE standard.. (which is really big $$$) I have checked about 15-20 places in the last couple of years out of curiosity, and they have almost all been much more $$... and the 3-4 that were similarly priced didn't seem as nice. Anyway, it's a FANTASTIC location.. 1 min. to the action. I hope to be returning for years to come.. overall, I'd give the room about a 6-7 out of ten, but location, staff helpfulness, price & atmosphere of the place probably an 8 out of ten.. if you're expecting the ritz carlton you will be disappointed, but if you're satisfied with a nice bed, good tv, and being close to everything, you wont be.. after all, you're prob. not in Miami beach to be hangin' out in your room much anyway... another good thing, I've always found the place (hallways) kept quite clean, clean towells, sheets etc..

Room Tip: All the rooms are different, so you might want to look at a couple of them.. some are a bit bigger than others, and different colours etc.. there are 1 and 2 bed rooms, the 2 are a little more $.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank daver1118
Reviewed February 11, 2013

We spend the night in South Beach and I found this hotel on Booking.com. At $139 a night, this was one of the best prices in South Beach and after reading a few reviews it seemed pretty decent. We knew we wouldn't be in the room for long. But- YIKES!! The women at the desk didn't speak much English at all (I know... I know- it is Miami- but you need to be able to communicate!!) She grunted a gestured to try and communicate what she wanted, so it was kind of like a game of charades, but not fun. Then we get the option of two rooms- keep in mind, I picked the better of the two. The room was the most disgusting, dirty hotel room I have ever encountered. After immediately checking for bed bugs (at least all clear there), we toured the room. The faucet in the bathroom was a trickle, and took 5 min to get lukewarm. The bathroom window (on the first floor!) was completely off track and sitting in the window sill, propped against the wall. I stuck coat hangers in the track hoping to keep thieves and killers out. The floor was sticky throughout, the shower was unusable due to the overwhelming smell of mildew (we didn't even try the faucet to see if there was any pressure). I am by no means high-maintenance, but when we stumbled back into the hotel that night, I slept on top of the covers with all my clothes on (I know the top sheet is the dirtiest but I was truly afraid of pulling back the covers- who knows what may have lurked under them). My call- spend the extra money and stay away. Location is great, walking distance to fun places and a cheap cab ride to Ocean but I felt like I needed to bleach myself after leaving.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Aubrey L
Reviewed February 3, 2013

This place looks like it popped out the movie Bird Cage. Stayed here because it was cheap and a last minute idea before we left Florida. Rooms are VERY Basic. Something that many hotel goers would probably rate as bad. There are beds, clean bathrooms and TV. All you need on vacatoin. All in all it was nice and cheap. If your a snob stay away because you may die when you walk in. If your an average Joe you will like this place and love the pricing. Guy at the counter was really down to earth and helpful. Very VERY limited parkin....like 3 spots but there are parking lots all over so it was not a problem.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

This place is a good value for being on South Beach. You are very close to Lincoln Road and all the restaurants and two blocks to the ocean. It is very safe and has a very comfortable feeling when you walk in the door. If you are looking for an affordable place to stay this is it. If you are looking for a 5 star hotel this is not for you.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Looks nice from outside but it's better to stay there!! We were told at the reception that we have a full size bed, actually it was way smaller that queen size. Which wouldn't have been a problem but ... The room was terrible, I mean really terrible! Besides the dirty floor, not only in the barhroom, the bed was used!! Black long hair and stains everywhere. We asked the receptionist to send somebody to put on new linen, she was unbelieveable unfriendle, thats not her problem, the housekeeping is gone. We had to do it on our own with linen she gave us - out of the dirty clothes again!! Oh my god, lots of hotels here in Florida where we've been - wooorst experience ever - the James Hotel!

• Stayed: January 2013