“Good value, great location!!”
Review of James Hotel

James Hotel
Ranked #124 of 210 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

This place is a good value for being on South Beach. You are very close to Lincoln Road and all the restaurants and two blocks to the ocean. It is very safe and has a very comfortable feeling when you walk in the door. If you are looking for an affordable place to stay this is it. If you are looking for a 5 star hotel this is not for you.

• Stayed: January 2013
There are newer reviews for James Hotel

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Looks nice from outside but it's better to stay there!! We were told at the reception that we have a full size bed, actually it was way smaller that queen size. Which wouldn't have been a problem but ... The room was terrible, I mean really terrible! Besides the dirty floor, not only in the barhroom, the bed was used!! Black long hair and stains everywhere. We asked the receptionist to send somebody to put on new linen, she was unbelieveable unfriendle, thats not her problem, the housekeeping is gone. We had to do it on our own with linen she gave us - out of the dirty clothes again!! Oh my god, lots of hotels here in Florida where we've been - wooorst experience ever - the James Hotel!

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank Traveller_0550
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Location was good that's about it. Room service was the worst experience I ever seen in my life!! Food was horrible took an hour and a half to get the food then they forgot all our sides and condiments and tgar took another 30-40 to bring them we kept calling and they eventually sent us to voicemail which I've never seen before. The club downstairs SL was a cool place the whole staff was awesome we had some drinks at the bar and the bar tenders were all very sweet and very quick will be back there for sure! Lastly the valet was horrible took an hour to get my car and there was no one wait just us. Only reason ill go back to the James hotel would be for SL

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Beautifully eclectic, inspired by old Mexico, with the most wonderful, most accommodating management and staff you'll ever find anyplace! Centrally located to shopping, good restaurants and of course the beach. We rented bikes which is the preferred way to travel. Easy riding, no "rules" sidewalk or road, except to avoid cars, pedestrians and other people on wheels. We had a great time, and The James Hotel was a large part of it!

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed November 14, 2012

We stayed here at the end of our Florida trip in Nov 2012. Two nights we shared a room with 4 persons, the other 2 nights I stayed with just my girlfriend and they gave us the same room for less.

The rooms are not the cleanest but the service was great. Guess there are nor many places in the middle of SoBe for this price. It's good to stay there if you wanna make party. Parking was included, usually you pay at least 15 for one night in south beach.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I Was looking for a good price hotel close to the beach and found the James Hotel. It was a great price of under $100. It's a 5 minute walk to the ocean. Rooms where clean, staff was great and it had free parking unheard of in the beach!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 8, 2012

I stumbled across James Hotel on a walk my first day in Miami, and was shocked to find they had vacancy, they were cheaper than where I was already staying, and that they had PARKING and LAUNDRY!! It was a no-brainer, and I ended up cancelling a reservation at a different place so I could stay at James longer! It's in the middle of everything too, and the rooms feel like little apartments, with fridge and bathroom and plenty of space!

I can't wait to come back!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo