James Hotel
$258
$209
  • Beachfront
Marriott Vacation Club Pulse, South Beach(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$249
  • Beachfront
Circa 39 Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$153
$149
  • Pool
La Flora(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$169
  • Bar/Lounge
The Miami Beach EDITION(Miami Beach)
$399
  • Pool
The Hotel of South Beach(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$200
$169
Official Hotel
$179
  • Beachfront
The Palms Hotel & Spa(Miami Beach)
$268
$199
thepalmshotel.com
  • Pool
Room Mate Lord Balfour(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$220
$197
  • Beachfront
Pestana Miami South Beach(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$159
$135
Pestana Hotel Group
  • Pool
All reviewsmicrowave and refrigeratorsouth beachstaff was helpful and friendlyceiling fanunique hotelwould stay againlincoln avewhole foodsbeds were comfortableminute walk to the beachstayed nightsone night stayroom was largeperfect locationsmall hotelocean driveearly check
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 5, 2011

Highly recommend for lower budget FUN. Much less expensive, smack in middle of everything, great for Miami Basel, block away from Beach, Convention Center and HOT fun Lincoln restaurant, (great food) bar, shopping strip!

Room Tip: Corner rooms have killer cross ventilation from multiple windows :)
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 11, 2011

It was Miami carnivla time so all hotels were booked...for 95 a night for a double bed (2) it is a great deal...room, bed and bathroom were clean....hot water was great and they have a microwave, free wi-fi and fridge in the room....Decor is everywhere is the place and the manager Torres was pretty cool and helpful when I wanted ot geta bite to eat.

Its not 5 star but it helps out alot to save a few dollars here and there

Room Tip: There a McDonalds around the corner...just in case you do not want to spend big bucks on Sobe Meals
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank bankbwou
Reviewed August 17, 2011

Improvements everywhere. Including the city street repairs.

This hotel's decor jumps out at you as a guest. Hotel decor that the owners designed,, created and displayed themselves-Creativity at its finest. The hotel owners take the time to provide their guests with a home type ambiance and experience. The word privacy comes to mind when you see that the elevator door opens and closes forward and back instead of from side to side. Its a must see.
The beds are comfortable. There was a sofa and refrigerator in my room. There was a dinette set, too. Just outside my room, there was a metal and ceramic cafe table. You could relax there with a drink or a magazine or just enjoy others company as you look at the art and decor that surround you.
Also, the service was excellent. The check in went smoothly and the hotel desk rep escorted me to my room to make sure I could find it easily.
I made a mistake and paid w/ my credit card instead of cash. Courteously, my mistake was corrected when I requested to pay cash instead. The transaction was quickly changed to cash upon my wish.
For hotel guests in the lobby, there is a big screen t.v. I was able to watch the special broadcast of President O'Bama talking about my livelihood and the state of the economy.
The temperature was near 90 as I returned from a hike all over south beach looking for a special store that I needed. Fortunately in the lobby, there was a soft drink machine. I downed two nice cold drinks that really hit the spot as the hotel's air conditioner did its job. I spoke with other guests in the lobby who were very polite.
The owner gives directions to where you want to go. I was going to breakfast.
At check out, a hotel rep watched my luggage while I left to pick up my rental car. The owner gave me directions to the rental car office which is in walking distance. I returned with the car, thanked the owner and told him I would let others know about the James Hotel.
Its highly recommended. The price is reasonable. Its in close proximity to all of the sights. Around the corner is a bus to the Aventura Mall that connects to Fort Lauderdale Airport.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank hightidewindgust
Reviewed May 3, 2011

We went to james Hotel, because it was close to Lincoln center in Sout Beach, where we discovered a great restaurant and wanted to hang out there.
We went from one to another and couldn't find a place to stay, everything was booked.
James Hotel is not your usual Holiday Inn. This little hotel is an art filled with dreams of a lovely man, some might find it kitchy, i did not.
There is everything you might need for a night or two stay. The furniture is not your usual Hotel furniture, they look like, they are put there because they were needed there, nothing matches which i do not mind.
The beds were clean, the bathrooms were clean, no noise of any kind. Air conditionning was running good.
I read all the bad reviews about James Hotel, the pimps and prostitutes can be found anywhere but we did not see any. I just have to say that i have seen many women that were dressed like that in South Beach and they were regular people with that kind of fashion and style.The place is old but it was clean, i can talk about the room we stayed in..
In all, it was a great experience, we will be travelling back to Miami in a month and i am looking forward to stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank minnosh
Reviewed March 30, 2011

We only chose this place because we were screwed over at another hotel called "The Berkeley Shore" - which was WAYYYY WORSE. They wouldn't refund our money so they sent us here. It wasn't AS BAD, but we had no choice. Rooms aren't that nice or clean. We ended up bringing our own towels, sheets, and pillow cases. There was an odd strong smell in the hallway and entrance. (I saw they had air fresheners hidden in the outside plants). The elevator is scary, TAKE THE STAIRS. The stairs were very narrow and the entry doors for each level were very heavy to open. We asked for toilet paper once and they didn't even give us a new roll, it was out of the paper and it looked like they gave us one from the bathroom. Otherwise, the man was very friendly so that somewhat makes up for it.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple