New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Not what we expected” 4 of 5 stars
Review of World Erotic Art Museum (WEAM)

World Erotic Art Museum (WEAM)
Book In Advance
Special Offer
$104.99*
and up
Go Miami Card
Ranked #32 of 114 things to do in Miami Beach
More attraction details
Owner description: See the fascinating and captivating World Erotic Art Museum, home of the largest collection of erotic art in America. The priceless private collection dates from antiquities to contemporary times and shows all cultures, art mediums and lifestyles in a tasteful historic time line. The collection includes paintings, tapestries, sculptures and art objects, mostly one of a kind.Depicting the Art of Love and Love in Art, the collection is worldwide and wonderful, ageless and timeless. With over 20 rooms and 12,000 square feet, the WEAM has more than you can even imagine.Be sure to add this highly interesting attraction to your list of things to do on South Beach. This is your unique opportunity to view the greatest collection of erotica you will ever see, join us in a celebration of who we are!
Arlington, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Not what we expected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Considering the location, near dance clubs and strip clubs, we expected it to look like a bachelorette party exploded. To my surprise, there's actually great art pieces there. We were in a hurry during our visit but I'll definitely stop in again on my next trip.

Visited April 2012

• Korean first
Miami, Florida
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“SOBE erotic art”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Yesterday as I was walking around South Beach, I decided to stop by and check it out. I had the pleasure of getting a tour of the museum. I had no expectations but was very pleased with the experience. This is largest privately own collection of erotic art, you must keep an open mind when visiting, some pieces are more intense than other, but over all I found it to be very tasteful. If you’re looking for a different venue with anedge to it, this museum is the place to visit.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank CONCIERE_NAVIGATOR
Atlanta
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“quite interesting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

The museum was tastefully done. There was a lot of beautiful hand sculted pieces of artwork and scultures. It wasnt just a room full of dildoes.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Mecca2009
Flagstaff, Arizona
186 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 162 helpful votes
“Be prepared that this is an art museum.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

The museum is on the second floor with a doorway on street level next to a nighclub entrance, which does not exactly give you an art museum vibe as much as an adult bookstore vibe from the street. We weren't sure what the place wold be like as we wlaked in. It was interesting to see erotic art from various areas of the world as well as various eras. Plenty of more contemporary art, including the "best known" artwork in the collection being an iconic piece from A Clockwork Orange (I started humming "Signing in the Rain" to myself).

Visited January 2013
Westchester County, NY USA
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Be prepared to learn....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Pros: the museum is bigger then meets the eye. There is a plethora of items to look at from every time period and culture you could imagine. Some unique pieces like the Kama Sutra Bed carved out of wood.
Cons: one hears the word museum and conjures up images of history and artifacts. While that is true for the majority of the items on display in the WEAM there were many that were just out of place. My friend and I both felt that certain items on display took away from the integrity of the overall space. Best example I can give you on here is imagine being in a room filled with fine carvings and artifacts dating back 100s if not thousands of years, and then intermittetendly thrown in are plastic anatomically correct figurines that look like they came out of the .25 machine at a xrated toy store. Just an odd mix. They would have been better off putting all the actual artifacts and statues/prints in one area and then having a seperate area of the museum for more modern art or interpretations.

Visited September 2012