“In the End, not as Bad as I Thought it would be”
Review of The Fifth - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Fifth
Juneau, Alaska
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“In the End, not as Bad as I Thought it would be”
Reviewed November 5, 2007

Let me preface this review with a disclaimer: I am not one of those clubbing types. I would much rather go listen to some good (subjective) live music or dance (sway) to indie/obscure tunes. I'm not a big fan of house/techno and can tolerate mainstream rap.

Being from South Florida and having never "experience" South Beach, my girlfriend and I booked a Sat. nite (11/3) in a decent/cheap/boutique hotel near Lincoln Rd. (Catalina). The concierge at the hotel provided us with "VIP" passes to this club and told us to be there by midnight or round 11:30. After a $10 cab ride, we were there. We had no trouble getting in and soon realized why. The place was empty and brightly lit, with about five other people. We went to the bar, got some drinks, & promptly balked at the price ($20 for Bud & a gin/tonic?!?!). Let me say that drinks in Palm Beach are a pretty penny, but come on...... Luckily, I was a little loose already and didn't need too many more. We then settled on a couch/chaise lounge and watched the club fill.

By 1:30, it was packed with all sorts of people. There were lots of pretty good looking girls, although not your model types, more locals. As I am content with my relationship and was with my girl, I had no incentive to talk to anyone. However the ratio was pretty decent, probably 3 girls for every 2 guys. In the end it more amusing to sit and watch all of the people mingle around. It was also interesting to watch the club fill up and people devolve in front of my eyes.

Interesting people of note:
1) Middle-aged dude with the Ferrari jacket straight outta Miami Vice (not wearing it ironically).

2) Chick with short skirt who was obviously self-conscience about the length, who later on had not a care in the world.

We left round 3:30 and it was in full effect. However, there wasn't much of a line outside. I'm guessing that there are more exclusive clubs there.

3 Thank jmarcus