“Close to the Beach”
Review of Baltic Hotel

Baltic Hotel
Ranked #160 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed January 7, 2012

We only spent one night here but would definitely return. The room was clean, the lady on the front desk was very informative and even at breakfast the others staying at the hotel were friendly.Just a block to the beach and parking was not a problem. Enjoyed our stay and will return next time we are in the area.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 22, 2011

Booked 2 rooms on booking.com. Immediately, a woman from the Baltic called to say "did you book 2 rooms? There are not 2 rooms". I suggested there was a communication problem with booking.com. She just kept saying in broken English that there weren't two rooms, so I went to booking.com and canceled. She wasn't very pleasant. I felt she was berating me for being so stupid as to book 2 rooms successfully on booking.com when there was only one room. Golly. We stayed elsewhere in Miami Beach and had a lovely time.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank VolcanoDawn
Reviewed October 15, 2011

We stayed at The Baltic for 10 days and absolutely fell in love with Kristina, the owner, and The Baltic! There is also a gentleman who plays the piano some evenings, which we really enjoyed. My spouse had just undergone surgery, and Kristina was an angel to both of us! Our room was lovely and everything was immaculately clean. The beds are comfortable and the sheets smell wonderful! We will stay at The Baltic every time we return to Miami beach. We did manage to visit the beautiful beach, which is a very short walk from the hotel, and loved that it wasn't crowded. There are several good restaurants within walking distance of the hotel and the breakfast served at the hotel is really good! This hotel has the best service, is a great value, and feels like you are staying with family. I can also say that the wireless internet service is great! It is very fast, which was helpful to me, since I take classes online and I was able to get everything done for school with no problems at all. I highly recommend The Baltic and can't wait to return!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Christina M
Reviewed October 8, 2011

This is a simple, nice b&b. Beds are comfortable but rooms can be warm as they do not have AC. The lady proprietor is very friendly!

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed July 21, 2011

This is more of a Bed and Breakfast than a hotel. Also, it's further north in Miami Beach so if you're looking for South Beach action this isn't for you.

That said, I found this place to be pretty cozy. It's nestled in sort of a residential area, so coming back to the hotel every evening almost felt like coming home. Christina the manager is such a sweet woman. I really liked her. Breakfast in the morning was free, and was usually assorted sliced meats (pastrami, etc), some sort of baguette, and a sweet bread or breakfast cake -- along with oj or milk. Wasn't exactly my style but...ah well. My room had it's own bathroom, a small walk-in closet with a mini fridge and microwave, and a flat screen tv (was sort of on the smaller side, but was sufficient).

I believe the hotel advertises "Free Parking" but take note, it's mostly free street parking in the surrounding neighborhood. There are only 3 spaces reserved for the actual hotel.

All in all, I'd recommend the Baltic Hotel as a cute, quiet spot to stay.

Room Tip: I was given a choice between the rooms upstairs or downstairs. Apparently, the difference is that th...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
4  Thank aiqiandai
Reviewed July 11, 2011

The hotel is located very conveniently only one block from the beach. This beach is very nice and nothing like South Miami, which means: you can actually layout and not bump elbows with a stranger. The hotels Hostess and owner is very nice and caring lady. She maid our stay very enjoyable and fun. Parking was defiantly tricky so be warned – street parking is not free, especially by a meter. The hotel it self has 3 parking spots in the back. You can park across the street for free but it’s only 4-5 spots. If you park late (after 7pm) and get up early enough (before 8am) you can park free by the meter and be OK. The price of the hotel is very reasonable and the owner is more then willing to work with you. The room we had was a smaller one but we didn’t plan staying in it and only used it to crash and shower. The rooms have TV’s, the bathrooms are nice and have all the toiletries. They do serve breakfast every morning and it is served late for people like me who like to wake up after 10AM. I would describe it as more of a bed and breakfast experience than the actual hotel stay. I would defiantly recommend it to anyone who likes to travel on a budget.

Room Tip: The corner rooms seem to get the most street noise. The back middle room would be the best one.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SwetJackCraftsman
Reviewed June 30, 2011

This hotel is has very comfortable beds, is clean, and reasonably priced. A delicious continental breakfast is put out every morning. The hotel owner Christina is so kind and helpful. She loaned me her umbrella to go out in the rain.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business