“Absolutely Superb!!!”
Review of 1826 Restaurant and Lounge - CLOSED

1826 Restaurant and Lounge
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Situated on Collins Avenue at the bustling center of South Beach, 1826 Restaurant & Lounge offers contemporary American cuisine with a focus on elegant dishes in a stylishly modern setting.
Reviewed June 4, 2014

This is one of the best restaurants in Miami now, the small plates give you a chance to taste many different dishes which being a food a wine lover makes for a perfect combination. The ambiance doesn't leave anything behind either. My favorite dishes thus far are the crochets, the ribs, and the risotto. However I have not yet tasted a dish that I dislike which is rare at any restaurant. I compare to most 3 star Michelin restaurants I have dinned around the world.
Absolutely Superb!!!

Reviewed May 29, 2014

We were a medium-sized group of ladies who went for Happy Hour.

What beautiful decor! When I arrived by elevator to the bar area, I felt immediately relaxed.

The bar staff clearly knew their craft, and were also super-accommodating and friendly. In fact, all of the employees we encountered were gracious and service-oriented.

The food is amazing. The leek croquettes literally melt in your mouth. The short rib is divine. The fois gras "pizza" is decadent. The crazy bread is crazy good. Portions are extremely small, which is good in the sense that you get to try many delicious things but bad in the sense that food is pricey.

In a nutshell, this is a great spot for cocktails and food that is worth a splurge, and we will return. Or, even better, go on expense account!

Reviewed May 29, 2014

Excellent food, gracious service, elegant surroundings, sophisticated chic.
A major addition to the South Beach scene, on par with Sls's Bazaar.

Reviewed May 24, 2014

Contemporary, modern, chic…1826 Restaurant & Lounge in the heart of South Beach Miami definitely lives up to all expectations. On a recent trip, my wife and I along with my sister in-law and her boyfriend made dinner reservations at this gem located at 1826 Collins Avenue.

Categorized as contemporary American cuisine, two Michelin-Starred Chef Danny Grant didn’t disappoint with his menu, which is designed in three brilliantly distinct sections, The Harvest, The Hook, and The Hunt. Some of the items on the menu include Cucumber Gazpacho, Lobster & King Crab Poached, and our favorite, Short Rib Grilled which melted in our mouths with every bite. The portions are tapas which gave us an opportunity to taste a number of dishes on the menu. Our waiter was friendly and well informed of every item on the menu and took the time to educate us about the preparation process for each item that we ordered.

The highlight of our night out was a personal visit to our table by Chef Danny Grant who took the time out from having dinner with a friend to come over to chit chat with us for a few minutes . Our experience at this restaurant was absolutely awesome. I would highly recommend 1826 if you’re ever in South Beach.

Reviewed May 18, 2014

1826 is a class act with creative and sumptuous food offerings. The wine list isn't too bad either with everything available to browse on a tablet. The service was excellent and our server was very attentive without being overbearing. My wife is a vegetarian and the menu offered a good selection for her which is unusual in high end restaurants.

So, now on to the reference in the title of this review......while it's slick and cool to surround your diners in glass, concrete and wood it creates a volume that actually was on the cusp of tainting the dining experience. Not much can be done about this but be warned.....!!

Definitely a place to try.