“Cool place, great food... Miami style :)”
Review of 1826 Restaurant and Lounge - CLOSED

1826 Restaurant and Lounge
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Situated on Collins Avenue at the bustling center of South Beach, 1826 Restaurant & Lounge offers contemporary American cuisine with a focus on elegant dishes in a stylishly modern setting.
Reviewed May 3, 2014

Beautiful building, great creative menu, excellent cocktails and really good service! Be ready to share because you have to try as many dishes as you can :) We were four people in our party so we ordered more than 10 different dishes... one as good or better than the other...
Really worth it!!!!

1  Thank herskowich

Reviewed May 2, 2014

A contemporary multi-level loft style venue in the heart of South Beach. Monty our server was just wonderful. He started with introducing us to the dining concept of 1826, tapas style dinning that teases your taste buds. We were at Monty’s mercy after his display of knowledge of the menu. We started with cocktails; try the “strawberry incense”, “in the woods” or the “I got the power”, beware that they are tasty but very powerful indeed! The caramelized onion and bacon bread was FABU! Tuna tartar, Wild Alaskan Halibut, leek truffle potato croquets. The grapefruit salad was amazing, Florida shrimp katafi with coriander sabayon, NY Strip cooked to perfection , black truffle risotto. The sorbets for desert were also incredible. Thank you Monty instigating us to step out of our comfort zone and take us to a culinary adventure!

Reviewed April 30, 2014

I have a feeling this little gem will be around for quite a while. Perfectly located in the heart of south beach, this restaurant is not only beautiful, but the food is amazing as well.

They hosted a happy hour for the residents of my building so I was lucky enough to be able to sample many of their menu items.

Their cucumber gazpacho with almond, dill and gin snow was so refreshing. Crisp & clean, it is the perfect soup for a hot, Miami summer day!

The black truffle risotto cannot be put into words - you just have to taste it. Salty, creamy, in one word - divine! It's a party in your mouth - seriously!

Their beef tartare cornets look like little mini ice cream cones except that they are filled with a little ball of joy - beef tartare! The presentation is adorable. You almost feel bad biting into one of these little suckers but you will quickly get over it - I promise!

Their grilled short rib melts in your mouth and for dessert we had the passion fruit semifreddo and strawberry shortcake. Both were fantastic in that they were light but incredibly flavorful... the perfect ending to a perfect meal.

I had their Sauvignon Blanc but cannot recall the brand. I will assume it was their house wine and even that was amazing.

They have 3 floors. The first floor is the restaurant, the 2nd floor is more like a lounge/bar type area where you can eat, drink, and be "merry" as I understand that on the weekends, the small center space becomes somewhat of a dance floor for those who might want to burn off some calories after what was, of course, a delicious meal.

The 3rd floor I was told was more of a VIP lounge and although I did not see it, I can only imagine it is as beautifully decorated as the other 2 areas.

I will definitely be back!

1  Thank Elena I
Reviewed April 30, 2014

Everything was amazing from start to finish. We had 10:30p reservations and were seated right on time. The service staff was very attentive from the beginning with water and offering the cocktail menu. Dinner menus arrived, and our eyes lit up! They have the menu set up into 3 sections. Within each section, the plates range from small tapas style to medium to large to share. We ordered 2-3 pieces from each section along with cocktails and dessert. For 4 people, dinner was quite reasonable, and the quality and presentation was exceptional! I will definitely be back! Be sure to also visit their lounge upstairs!

Reviewed April 25, 2014

What a great place!! Pre booked as wanted somewhere nice to go after our long flight and we were not disappointed. The food was delicious and service excellent with one of the best wine waiters we have ever had. Just a shame we are not in Miami for long as would be going back but will certainly visit next time we are here.