“Hidden Gem!!”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Flamingo / Lummus
Reviewed May 24, 2013

One block away from the gorgeous SoBe beach, FL Café is the perfect spot for breakfast, lunch &dinner.
Best place for eggs Benedicte & breakfast all day. Corner terrace for people watching, amazing service and French food at its best!!
As a concierge in town I know my little hidden gems, this is one of them.
So, if you are an "All-Nighter", a tourist soaking the sun or a working local, give it a go!

FYI.. if you want to get a complimentary mimosa, just mention Natacha sent you to the staff or to the owner Elise!

There are newer reviews for Cafe Des Arts

Reviewed May 14, 2013

Classic French bistro. Delicious, cozy and charming. We went for breakfast three days in a row and were pleased each day.

1  Thank Redwoo
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Not called cafe des artes anymore...now FL. Had a fantastic lunch there with my family.My son has celiac disease so cannot touch anything that has been near gluten. The server could not do enough for him,he made sure his goat cheese and bacon salad was prepared separately from everything else and the utensils etc had not been in contact with gluten.What a joy! It was a very hot day and I was not feeling good so the server,whose name I wish I could remember, brought me a napkin with a bag of ice in to cool me down. A true French gentleman!

1  Thank Lesley1957_13
Reviewed May 3, 2011

Having walked along Ocean Blvd and being approached at every pavement dining area, we thought that back a street on Collins would be better. Cafe des Arts looks OK on the corner of 14th and Collins, but it stops there. We sat inside - first noticing an unusual smell - possible cigars. The place isn't the cleanest and the insistence on speaking French, while authentic, does not add to the experience (unless you are French I guess). Food was only just OK, but poorly presented and very expensive. Tip was added to the bill at 17% !!!!!!! $50 for two for entree (main course) only and one $5 bottle of beer - much better value elsewhere. Not sure what the higher ratings of TA are for - definitely not worth it and not recommended at all.

1  Thank Jim_bris
Reviewed February 16, 2011

Don't waste your time and money! This is the worst place in South Beach. Food is average, but super over priced! 5$ for 12oz of orange juce, not even fresh squeezed. Interior of that place is in terrible condition, dirty walls, broken chairs, smelly trash all around.I was afraid to touch anything. That was the first place we picked up for a lunch and that bad experience stayed with us whole time.