WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #113 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
New York City, New York
“The hotel you need”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

I stayed there for a week.. The rooms were good. The room service staff were so helpful and friendly. The pool was always clean, and the price was affordable.

Just remember to bring a car with you, because the nearest restaurant is like 5 blocks down. Dont worry about the parking, coz you will always find a parking spot.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Kareem567

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Arabic first
Belo Horizonte, MG
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

Pros:
Location close to the beach, in a park, free parking and plenty available. Keycard doors to the rooms, nice coffee maker (can use our own grinded coffee), staff was always helpful, free internet (Wi-fi) connection. The rooms seems to have been renovated recently. There is a small sitting area next to the bathroom which is quite practical as closet to put luggage and change clothes.

Cons:
Cleaning was sub-par, the sheets were clean but not the duvet, with stains and hairs, but as it was hot, I just removed it. The internet was not stable, was connecting to the router and stating Internet was out of reach from the router. They seem to have dealt with that. From the outside the hotel looks more like a motel and it is a bit run down, but the rooms itself are ok. Some of the towels, although clean, were a bit torn, they have to be replaced. The carpets in the room were not very clean, could notice when walking barefoot the feet gets a lot of dirt. The toiletries provided are not good, bring your own shampoo and soap. We had to buy a bit at Publix.

Room Tip: I suppose the rooms on the second floor are quieter, but all in all it is not noisy.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
catrine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

We stayed at the beach place hotel this summer in August. We booked this hotel when we were still working at a summer camp in New York. We got to the hotel and the receptionist was very helpful and could not have been any more accommodating. We then got to our room and it was very clean, loads of room and just what we needed and were very surprised for the price. The pool area was very clean and peaceful. Two days later more of our friends came to the hotel so there was 25 of us there. Even though we were a big group the hotel employees were very kind and were always asking us if we needed anything. The rooms were cleaned to a very high standard. When we went to the everglades and our shuttle to Orlando the receptionist was very accommodating and extremely helpful. I would defiantly stay at this hotel again if I was in Miami.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank johannaf27
West New York, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

I loved this little hotel. Very clean and quiet. A block from the beach. It has a front pool and the kids loved it. Nearby restaurants and pharmacies (1-2 miles) if you have a car. It has washer and dryer for your own clothes in case you need them. Very nice people in the reception desk. Wonderful price ($80/night in July and only with 4 days of anticipation). I definitely recommend it.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Eida d
Boston
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2012

I Have to say almost the same as everyone else. It's budget hotel but very clean.
I think the location can't be beat. Check out time was around noon but could get an extra hour for an additional $25. This worked out great for after going to the beach (5 minute walk) just taking a quick shower. It sounds like you have to requests kitchenette or wifi service. I was asked if I needed either and I didn't so I was totally fine with my room. I do think the one downer was the small towels. It really wasn't enough but did the trick for a quick shower, I had a car and it was a 10-15 minute drive south beach. which I don't think you can beat. There are pleny of metered parking (25 cents for 10 mins) or I just parked in public parking $8 for like 8 hours. Pretty decent. Can't say anything about the bus. But so close to the (N) beach I don't know why anyone would want to go to the pool, even though it looked clean but no lights at night. There are also great little parks for picnics and grilles to the beach. There seemed to b lots of different types of people that were staying. It was clear that some were driving to S Beach. I would definately recomend this place and would encourage to tell the front desk your needs. They definately accomodate!

Room Tip: The rooms on the outside do not have wifi. If choosing these perhaps try theh second floor. first...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank LePetitPrince-Yaz
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012

Stayed at Beach Place Miami for a week. Although a bit far from Ocean Drive, this hotel is cosy and looks a little bit outdated, but the price was very competitive compared to the other hotels nearby.
Free Wi-Fi internet, very friendly staff and a swimming pool just outside my bedroom made our stay very pleasant. Recommended.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank fabrix82
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2012

I stayed at the Beach Place Hotel for two nights, with my kids and my parents and we had a very good experience. The rooms were very basic and outdated but clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly and helpful. We also enjoyed the pool and free parking was definitely a plus.Wi Fi was free but only worked at the pool or at the main lobby. Not a lot happening in the neighborhood but there's a publix supermarket about 10 blocks north and a bunch of nice restaurants and shops about 10 blocks south. If you are not driving, the bus to south beach is only $1. I guess if you want something more modern and more amenities then you will have to spend at least twice as much somewhere else...

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family