WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #114 of 202 Hotels in Miami Beach
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“comfortable hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2012

I stayed for 3 nights and noticed that there were always people there painting washing the outside can't understand why people say bad things about this place obviously the hotel is being taken care of some of the funitures needs to be replaced but i guess they will soon, I had a great stay no problems my rooms was clean and the hotel was clean the beds were taken care of every day i was there, will stay again and again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Todd S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Arabic first
New Orleans
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2012

First off let me say that the location is not great but good, the rooms were very well taken care of, my room was recently painted and the carpet smelled fresh as it had just been cleaned, my baby was able to crawl around safely,the pool was nice and the beach was close by overall i was happy by what i paid to stay the week and saved some money on the trip too. The staff was very helpful and polite. The house keepers were polite and did a great job not that much english but hey my room was clean and if i needed extra towels i get them easily, i would definitely return here, i honestly can't find a single thing i dislike about this hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
9 Thank anthony c
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2012

we didn't realize it was a motel when we booked the beach place. we booked just 3 weeks back and this place was pretty close to the north beach. the beach is pretty good and less crowded than south beach. but pretty far from south beach. half hour by the bus.
rooms and bath rooms are basic, though the place has a swimming pool and all.. no real problems except you can get a better deal by the south beach

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Borough Park
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2012

I definitely recommend to stay there.my wife we retire we travel from new york to beach place It's located away from the south beach quieter took the bus to south beach bus stop across from hotel. They have tours available went to everglade park sooo exciting. Facilities clean,atmosphere was excellent, and the staff was very kind!! They took care of us during our stay. Some hotel give a too aggressive service to a customer, but Hotel was different.I'd like to come again in future.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
7 Thank xiahung j
Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2012

As a business owner in Maryland my family and I have stayed in the Beach Place since 2007 and know the hotel well, it has always been a good deal especially for the summer, the location is not too bad and the staff is always helpful, the rooms are clean and the area is safe, we feel comfortable here as we always do and we will be visiting again soon.

Room Tip: rooms on the east side are the best away from harding ave.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
8 Thank manooj h
Boca Raton, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2012

Normally, I avoid writing a review unless a hotel/motel is outstandingly good or bad, but this time, I guess I could not avoid it this time.
If you have another option DO NOT STAY HERE!!
Upon arrival it looks like you get what you pay for, it superficially clean and provides what every hotel does. I was just a bit confused to read HOTEL all over the internet and on the receipt of the payment, it read MOTEL, but oh well, that was what I expected from the exterior view. But here comes the story:
We just stayed ONE night but I was covered in bed bug bites. Since we only visited Miami for one night, I'm very sad to say that I'll be spreading bed bugs up the whole Atlantic coast in Florida, even in the wonderful hotel that we're staying in now :( I wish I'd seen that coming since the sheets and comforter are OLD.

If you hate animals, you'll be disturbed by the fact that a cat strolls around the hotel and begs you for food. I thought it was cute but hey - it is also not very hygienic for the rooms and guests to accept the cat there.

At around 4 AM we had to wake up to the people in the room above us because their every step left huge trampling noises. My mother was very unrelaxed the whole day after our stay and on top of that the coffee maker was a mess so it really ruined her stay too.

I've been to many hotels and motels all over the US. Sometimes they were old and cheap, sometimes high end and clean but I've never up until this day, had problems with bed bugs. I'm telling the truth when I say DO NOT STAY HERE!!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank nicookie

Travelers are raving about these Miami Beach hotels

Manchester, UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2012

This hotel is in a great location, directly opposite the beach with free parking, but there is nothing in the area in terms of bars or restaurants. The beach place hotel looks a litte shabby but overall is value for money. Clean, and does the job. Rooms have small kitchenette, but absolutly no utensils not even a teaspoon. kettle, microwave and fridge. We bought plastic forks and a couple of picnic plates/cups from the nearest supermarket. Pool looked OK but didnt go in it, pool furniture has seen better days. As i say, you get what you pay for and we paid around £300 for a week out of season , which compares very favrouably to other hotels so close to the beach. I would stay here again

Room Tip: rooms at the back are quieter
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple