“Anybody there? WARNING Nobody there”
Review of Sadigo Court Hotel

Sadigo Court Hotel
Ranked #12 of 27 Miami Beach B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 10, 2013

The apartment building, that doubles as a hotel, has no personnel after hours, and limited personnel during business hours. If you forget the key you are SOL, especially at night. There is an intercom to have someone open the door, unfortunately it may take more than 1 hour for anybody to answer (my experience on the second night.
The building is old and unrefreshed, the furniture is ancient and fairly decrepit,should be avoided because the stains depict lack of cleaning. The stained and burned carpets in the hall look like they were never changed since it was built.
As to breakfast, that is a misnomer. Sliced white bread, jam, a green banana, instant coffee, and juice, do not qualify as breakfast in my book, specially for a place calling itself Bed & Breakfast.
No elevator to access the 3rd floor and hopefully you do not need the emergency exit because the door is blocked.
The TV is small ( 19") and placed on the side, thus, either you sit at the bed or get neck pain..
There is a very noisy wall A/C, thus your choice, heat and humidity or noise.
DO NOT USE the balcony the risk is death. See the pictures
A good word about the rooms, the size is appropriate for an apartment, thus they are big. The courtyard is covered, so on rainy or sunny days you get neither.
A word about the manager, Dina. She is a very very disrespectful person. Any comments/complaints to her will be thrown back at you and then some.
A very unpleasant experience

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank DrGolab
There are newer reviews for Sadigo Court Hotel

Reviewed December 6, 2012

I booked this hotel to stay during Art Basel. Unfortunately, I had to cancel because of work; the staff was very understanding and they let me cancel my reservation. I couldn’t be happier with the people at this hotel and I cannot wait to come to Miami Beach in a few weeks to stay at their wonderful establishment. Thank You Sadigo Court!!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 24, 2012

This is a quaint, older hotel that is well maintained and in a great location: close to the convention center, Lincoln Rd Mall, the beach, the Bass Museum, etc. Although in South Beach, it is tucked away on a quiet side street, away from the crowds of tourists. It has a nice neighborhood feel.

The rooms are quite spacious. We had a one bedroom unit that had a separate large living/dining/kitchen area. When we were there (Summer 2012), the gas stove was working fine, so the issue raised in earlier reviews, must have been worked out between the hotel staff and city inspectors. The bed was great, and the rest of the furniture, while older, was perfectly fine for us. All the rooms look out into the courtyard and the rooms on the first floor have french doors that open out onto the courtyard where you have your own semi-private patio area.

One of the best features of the hotel is the courtyard, which features a gorgeous, lush garden of over 100 palm trees of various kinds as well as blooming flowers and tropical plants. It has a large canopy,a fountain, a hammock, a hot tub, as well as wireless access and piped music. I spent several hours a day out there working, and it was one of the best "offices" I've ever worked in.

If you prefer modern franchise hotels like the Residence Inn, this is probably not the best place for you. if you like older hotels with personality and a great location, I'd recommend the Sadigo Court.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 30, 2012

We stayed here to attend a congress for 7 days. This hotel have very good location, near convention center, main street in South beach. Room was very spacious and clean and courtyard was also beautiful.We booked this hotel by travel agency, so the room fee was unknown. The most appeal point of this hotel we think is the staff is very friendly and helpful for us. For Japanese (especially,not good at speaking English like us), this is a very important for staying in US. I have stayed several hotels in US, some hotels had nice equipment, another hotel was very famous higher tower. However, this hotel was most comfortable than any other hotel I ever stayed. I'd like to stay this hotel again, when I travel to Miami.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Nyanji310
Reviewed January 17, 2012

We made our reservation in September 2011 on the recommendation of some friends. We should have read the reviews on TripAdvisor! We flew from Philadelphia the afternoon before our anticipated check in at the hotel. We retrieved a basically incomprehensible voice mail from a woman from the Sadigo
Court at our home number at 5:30 PM while we were in the airport. All we could understand on the voicemail was "Sorry....sorry". We called back as we were basically boarding the flight and she told us the hotel was closed by the city of Miami because " they are installing sprinklers ". There was no offer to find alternate housing. However she offered to send our credit card information to the Catalina Hotel but warned us they would charge us even if we didn't show. We refused her releasing pur credit card information. We flew to Florida not knowing where we would be staying for the three night we had booked at the Sadigo Court. The following morning we searched Priceline and Hotwire and eventually booked something for the next three nights. We, of course, went to the Sadigo Court when we were in town. There we found two copies of notices posted on the door from the Miami Fire Department closing the hotel on September 23, 2011! And we were never informed until the evening before our reservation and left to fend for ourselves! This was VERY unprofessional treatment. We, of course, will never book the Sadigo Court again.

• Stayed: January 2012
8  Thank HH2165
Reviewed January 13, 2012

Even though the price was reasonable and the location is great, I would never stay here again. My friends and I stayed here during Ultra Festival 2011. I was the one who booked the room (a King suite) but my friend got there before me so checked in for us. The concierge ( a woman who's name I cannot remember) showed my friend the studio, claiming that this is what we had reserved. She told my friend we could switch to the King suite (what we had reserved) for an additional fee. Knowing that we would not be able to find another place to stay during this busy weekend, we went along with it. The concierge was also very nosy, checking to see how many people were staying in the room and coming into our room and opening the closet while we were gone (she left the closet door open so we knew she had been in there). On our last night there, we were locked out of our room at 2 am and nobody was there to help us get in. We called the 24 hour line, and the guy told me to "sit tight" until the concierge would be there at 7am. There were people on drugs wandering around the building and this is not a very safe neighborhood, so luckily we had some friends staying at another hotel so we could stay with them until the morning. So to sum up, we felt very unwelcome, unsafe, and were conned into paying a higher fee than we had initially signed up for. I hope that if this place ever reopens it's with new, professional ownership who know how to run a hotel.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
5  Thank Alana B
Reviewed December 14, 2011

We stayed at Sadigo 4 years ago and we stayed very well. The location was perfect,100m from the beach and 10 minutes from Lincoln street, and rooms were very spacious and clean; but the management and the staff there had seemed a bit strange ….
This year we booked one suite from 03/12/2011 to 10/12/2011, but when we arrived, Saturday 03/12 at 7 p.m., we found the hotel shut down because the police and the Miami fire department closed this hotel the day before because of safety reasons. Nobody from the hotel warned us of this; simply we found on the front doors of the hotel a piece of paper with written “temporarily closed” (and the notification of fire department!). The city has been issuing a cease and desist order for the hotel since September 23rd. But, according to city officials, every time the red note is put on the door; the hotel takes it down and keeps operating.
So we have to find another place to stay, which wasn't very easy in the evening and during Art Basel Exposition.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple