All reviewson south beachsmall kitchensecurity gateocean drivefull size fridgevalet parkingcentral locationcollins avenuelocation is greatwalking distance to the beachsitting areabeach towelsmicrowaveblocksobemiamiaction
Reviewed September 30, 2013

South Beach or Miami Beach can be really expensive especially for accommodation so trying to find the right place, in the right location and with in budget can be quite a task.

Having previously visited South Beach, this time I was looking for a hotel quite close to the ocean, that had good reviews and was not going to cost me the earth. Suites on South beach, showed up as a good option.

Instead of being a hotel, these are actually self catering apartment, with a microwave and fridge, so cooking here would have been a bit of an issue, but with so many restaurants in the area and being on holiday why would you want to cook?

The room that I was allocated was on the first floor. It was a good size, clean and tidy. The bathroom was starting to show signs of wear. Whilst the shower was useable it wasn't the best in the world, but on the other hand it's better than other hotels that I have stayed in. The staff are friendly and appreciate your business.

Parking in Miami is also at a premium, most of the hotels offer valet parking and the suites charge $20 an night,
Which is quite reasonable when comparing them to other hotels in the area. This is an external company they use but If you decide to use this service then read on......

I dropped my car off the night before we were due to check out where I recorded the mileage more of a point of interest, to see how far away from the hotel the car was being parked. I noticed that I had 127 miles left until it needed to be filled up. When the car was brought back the next day the petrol light was on saying that the car was on empty.

I complained to the manager of the hotel, who was disappointed that my stay at the hotel had been tainted. I advised him that I wanted actions to be taken and I was more than happy to call the local sheriff.

The manager called the valet company where he had a conversation in Spanish. After the call, he was again very apologetic said that the valet companies supervisor would come and see me. I advised him that I didn't have the time to wait around and needed to get to the airport for my flight home. Again the manager apologised and credited me with the cost of the fuel.

The level of customer service I got was above and beyond what I expected and I have to thank them for that. The next time I visit Miami, I will certainly look at staying here again.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank NJA_7
Eddie N, General Manager at Suites on South Beach Miami, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2013

Dear Guest, thank you for your review, I'm surprised to see that you rated the hotel quite highly even though you had issues with the Valet company, and I thank you for taking into account that the Valet service we use is not directly associated with the hotel, but because we do contract them for our guests, I can absolutely sympathize when our hotel is negatively impacted by their actions, this is the reason why we are very pro-active with complaints about our Valet, in general they provide a good service with very few hiccups, but from time to time issues like yours do arise, and I assure you that we will always do whatever is in our power to protect the best interests of our clients before anyone else! Thank you again for the positive review.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

My friends and I stayed here over the weekend for a bachlorette weekend. The rooms were very nice and clean. The guy at the desk was very nice and accomodating. We got to Miami kind of early Friday- although our rooms were not ready he had no problem storing our bags while we went out to grab food until check in time and called us when our rooms were done. The rooms are very modern and the suite has everything you need. He made seversal suggestions on places to go and was very friendly. I would most definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank SC2220

Dear Guest, thank you for the kind words, it is always our goal to leave a lasting impression for our clients, we hope that we become your preferred destination when coming to Miami!

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Me and my friend booked this accommodation well in advance of our travels, However I started to become increasingly concerned after reading some negative reviews and even tried to change it through our travel agent.
We stayed here for 14 nights and we are really happy that we did!
Located on Collins ave, it literally takes 1 minute or less to walk to the beach so there is really no need for a pool. Once you leave the property you could walk in any direction and find what you need. The location is perfect! Close to many restaurants and many night clubs as well as shops... at the ages of 21 and 23 this was ideal for us. We would walk home after each night out, as it would take no longer than 5 minutes. There are a few stray retail stores to the left of the property which takes around 5 minutes to walk to, or a 15 minute walk to the right would bring you directly to an outdoor mall.

The rooms were very spacious especially for 2 females with tonnes of clothes and shoes. They were also modern and have clearly been maintained to a high level. The tv has cable with a good range of channels and the wifi had a perfect connection throughout the duration of our stay. The kitchenette in this property is a bonus as it includes a large fridge/freezer and a very powerful microwave, which meant we could rustle up breakfast and have unlimited drinks and snacks in our room... Something most hotels would not be able to provide.
The suite was spotless when we arrived, and me being the neat freak that I am, deeply inspected the bathroom and kitchenette and could not find one speck of dust!
The A/C was very powerful and worked at all times.
The maids were very good and willing to supply an unlimited amount of towels and change our beds daily which was a plus!
We never had much problems with the noise, being in such a central location we had expected more. We never heard any outside noise, the only time this was an issue is when a group of girls checked in for 1 night... nothing too serious or worth complaining about as people tend to be noisy after a night out.

The staff were really friendly and willing to help at all times, especially Little Kevin who we rang constantly, whether we needed to know the best place to eat, go out or even to check the local weather for us!

I really could go on... But the fact of the matter is it was near perfect and I could not fault it in any way possible.

We really enjoyed our time here and will most definitely be returning in the near future.

Thank you for such a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: August 2013
5  Thank WAT_sunshine

Dear Guest, thank you for the awesome review! I will not comment much as I believe the review speaks for itself!!

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Spent 1 night in Miami with my family, we were holidaying in Orlando for 2 weeks and travelled down to south beach for 2 days 1 night. Hotel was really nice. Receptionist's were very friendly and helpful. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Hotel is on Collins Avenue great spot. One street back from Ocean Drive. Hotel organised Valet parking for $20, even kept hold of our car after we checked out and wanted to spend the day at the beach. Would defo recommend, this hotel when travelling with family.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank lornarobson

Thank you Lorna for your wonderful review - I'm very happy to read that your family had a good time, and that staff did all they could to make your short trip as enjoyable as possible!

Reviewed September 5, 2013

we arrived near midnight and the man who was the bokeeper was very accommodating when my son messed up on his reservation. I would definitely stay at this hotel again. Very close walking distance to everything

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank mary R

Dear Guest thank you for the good review, I assume all went well even though there seemed to be some issue with your booking, I'm glad to know that our Night Auditor was able to accommodate your needs.