“Geminifun vs Winter Party”

Suites on South Beach Miami
Ranked #112 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I just stayed at the Suites on South Beach March 8th-11th, 2013 and I did not want to leave. I really did not know what to expect because the hotel is somewhat hidden off the street but registration was kind and held my bags until a room was ready and when I returned I was placed in room #11 and I felt like I was home away from home. The interior décor was very trendy and up-to-date, spacious rooms, very clean living arrangements, and good view of the front streets of Collins ave. The location was great access to the beach, restaurants, and shops. Having the front desk and security gate to enter made you feel really safe. They provided me with a beach towel and when it was time to leave they watched my bags until the shuttle arrived. I have never really been so impressed with a weekend living space like Suites on South Beach. I am solely sold on Suites on South Beach and will only stay there for all my future visits in Miami. I will also tell everybody I know about it. Thanks for incredible stay

Room Tip: Room #11 is the bigger suite
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Geminifun
zero11382, General Manager at Suites on South Beach Miami, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Dear Geminifun, thank you so much for the review, we very ecstatic to hear that our property will be your choice whenever your travels lead you back to Miami Beach, we look forward to welcoming you once again!!

Reviewed March 11, 2013

February 2013: Spent two nights there prior to leaving on a cruise. Requested a non-smoking 2-bed room. Found it hard to believe that in the room between the beds is an ash tray and wooden matches! And a sign about a cleaning charge for smoking in the room.

Large room, fairly clean. Large area for hanging clothes and storing suitcases, but lacking drawer space. Kitchenette was fine. Some noise from second floor guests running relays in the hall. I guess some have balconies and you can hear drunk people repeating themselves over and over making inane points to their equally drunk friends….but that was only in the bathroom….and you're NOT spending much time there.

Bathroom was gross! Faucet broken and dripping, sink drained REALLY slow, grout (or whatever) around toilet base was disgusting, tub needed recaulking badly and there was mold and gross and degraded caulk all over the window area inside the tub. Sticky floor. No exhaust fan. Moldy window doesn't open. Door wouldn't close. Toilet paper holder doesn't hold the paper on…so it hits the floor. Cover your feet at all times and don't linger in here!

Office Staff: rude, indifferent. We reported the sink drain and broken faucet to the office. They said they'd send maintenance, but it was never touched. We also couldn't work the TV with the remote provided (looked like the wrong one!) and reported that. Nothing done. They threaten to charge you for anything broken…and I wasn't planning to pay.

Cleaning Staff: They did what they could and made up everything well. They are not the problem.

Location: Perfect. Easy to get anywhere in South Beach. We had no car and had no problem walking to everything we wanted to see and do. Beach is just a short block away.

With some easy (and not cost prohibitive) rehab work this property would be a gem in South Beach. Until then…beware.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
zero11382, Director of Sales at Suites on South Beach Miami, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Dear Emma, please accept our sincerest apologies about the experience you encountered at our property...the month of March is a tough one for us due to the large number of spring breakers and college aged kids in South Beach, we all understand people are here to have fun but a lot of the time not enough consideration is paid to other guest such as yourself who are here for rest and relaxation..the standard in which you describe the bathroom is not what we expect nor is it condoned, I would urge you to contact me at your earliest convenience (sales@thekenthotel.com), I would like to get some more details of your stay so we can work to make sure issues of this nature do not happen again

Reviewed February 4, 2013

Large rooms, all equipment available
Location close to Miami Beach
Friendly personnel

Rooms need to be updated/ refurnished
Drunk guy knocked on several doors at 04:00 a.m.
Very thin walls between rooms.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
2  Thank Frans v
zero11382, General Manager at Suites on South Beach Miami, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Dear Frans, thank you for the review, outdated is not something we typically receive as feedback but we value your opinion, feel free to contact me at sales@thekenthotel.com should you want to dwell into more detailed suggestions

Reviewed February 4, 2013

I've stayed in at least 10 different hotels on South Beach ranging from The Clay to The Ritz and The Suites is by far the best value I've seen. The rooms are large and clean and the location can't be beat. I'll definitely be back!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jdmspectrum

Dear Guest thank you for the great review, it is nice to know that you find our property more enjoyable than some of the bigger hotel chains which have huge resources and not part of our competitive set!

Reviewed January 24, 2013

The sum of our stay is pretty much in the review title. We spent one night at Suites on South Beach in January 2013. The room we received was spacious and clean. The kitchen area was a nice bonus, so if you are staying for a few nights it will be really convenient. There is a coffee maker in the room, but no coffee or tea bags.
Some reviewers below metions the noise at night from the street but we didn't notice it because the a/c in our room was always on and slight noise from it blocked whatever noise could have been coming from the outside.
The staff was friendly and accommodating. We got a great suggestion from Kevin for a place to eat just a couple of blocks away. Since we got to the hotel a few hours before the room was available we could leave our bags, change in the bathroom in our bathing suites and hit the beach.
All in all, we had a great experience at this place.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank From207
zero11382, General Manager at Suites on South Beach Miami, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

Dear Guest, we are very happy you enjoyed your stay at our property, please come spend more than 1 night next time with us, there is plenty to do in South Beach to keep you occupied and we'd be more than glad to help you coordinate your trip!

Reviewed January 20, 2013

Me and my girlfriend stayed here for 2 nights before going on a cruise. We have been in South Beach a few times before and stayed in different hotels, but so far we liked Suites on SB best! The location is great on Collins Ave., just one block away from Ocean Drive. Our room was nice and clean, and had everything we needed, including a kitchen with fridge and ice-maker. There was a bit of noise from the airco outside, but it didn't bother us too much. If you don't need high luxery in South Beach, but just a decent, clean and affordable room, than Suites on South Beach is the perfect place!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Smeagol81

Dear Guest thank you for the wonderful review! Make sure to make us your primary hotel from now on!!

Reviewed January 13, 2013

We spent one night in South Beach, and stayed at Suites because their sister hotel, the Kent, was sold out. We had an actual suite, with a nice-sized living room, kitchen, and bedroom. It was right on Collins, and I was worried that it would be noisy on a Friday night, but it turned out to be quiet, and really comfortable. I have to say that the best thing about this place is the staff - very friendly and helpful. My only complaint, if I have one, is that the TV remote didn't work in our room, but I'm pretty sure that would have been taken care of if I'd complained. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again if I'm ever in South Beach.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank NotANumber

Dear Guest thank you for the great review, please please let us know next time if you have any issues with the room, the remote control could have needed either new batteries or to be re-programmed, which is something we could take care of immediately.