All reviews on south beach small kitchen security gate ocean drive full size fridge valet parking central location collins avenue location is great walking distance to the beach sitting area beach towels microwave block sobe miami action
Reviewed May 21, 2012

The room was very spacious and clean. Staff was friendly and helpful. Check in was so easy. We were very pleasantly surprised with the accommodations as we had a full size refrigerator, microwave, and dishes. The hotel is directly across the street from a parking garage so that was awesome. The hotel is in a perfect location. We felt very safe in the location even though the rooms were accessed from the outside. There was a gate with a key pad to give some security upon entry. The only issues we had was there was so much light. The two doors were glass and it allowed a ton of light in, even at night, and we had a difficult time sleeping with this. Also, there is a ton of noise (and we were in the back of the building). We brought a box fan in anticipation of this to drown out the noise and it worked out really well so I would suggest this. I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Bring a box fan to help drown out the noise from the street.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Laraine M
zero11382, General Manager at Suites on South Beach Miami, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2012

Dear Laraine, thank you for the great review, so you are aware we will be adding window blockers to those doors so that we can squash the issue of having too much light. We hope to see you in the future!

Reviewed May 8, 2012

I'm stayed here for 4 days and the room was very accommodating. Recommendations I would suggest are IPAD clock radios, and to improve the speed of wireless internet, as it was ridciously slow and sometimes frustrating when trying to complete work. There is no laundry facility on this property, but the location is awesome and is in the heart of everything! From nightclubs, restaurants (Happy Hour Specials all around:D), and shops.Rooms are stylishly designed, and I would recommend especially if your traveling with an romantic partner.

Room Tip: request one on the top level
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank chellyw

Dear Chelly, Thank you for the positive review - all of our rooms have ihome radios, which are compatible with Ipods and MP3's, I will speak to Housekeeping today to make sure they verify that every room at the moment has one since you mentioned this, I worry that a guest might have taken one from the room you were in and it was not noticed, please email me if possible at sales@thekenthotel.com to let me know what dates you were on the property and which room you stayed in, thank you again for the good review.

Reviewed April 20, 2012

I stayed at Suites on South Beach on the night of April 16, 2012. The rooms were very clean and the hotel seemed really nice. We had great guest service the entire time we were there. However, in a rush to get my things packed I left a few items behind in the closet/bathroom area of the room. That same day I called the front desk to see if they had found my belonging which I told them exactly where they were. To my shock, they were not found. Which can only mean one thing, my belongings were stolen by the housekeeping staff. I called the hotel repeatedly leaving multiple messages and no one would return my call. I'm not trying to be that guest that accuses staff of theft, but I've been working in hotels for over a decade, I know how it works. Clearly, this hotel's standards are non-existent if the housekeeping staff can get away with such inexcusable behavior. So, if you choose to stay here, just be cautious, and don't leave anything of value in the room, even if you're just stepping out. Apparently, these employees cannot be trusted. Shameful!

Room Tip: Don't stay on the first floor, you can hear every move of the person that's staying above you.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kaylen S
zero11382, General Manager at Suites on South Beach Miami, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2012

Dear Guest,

I'm disappointed to hear that you think our staff might have stolen your belongings, as a hotel we try to do all we can to avoid this ever happening, in all of our rooms we have installed safes so that guests have a means to store their valuables in the rooms safely. We know from your review that the items were left behind, meaning the staff did not steal them from you, instead it is implied that they covered up finding the items, as you insist they were left behind, therefore assuming that our staff took them afterward. As a hotel we check employee bags/purses prior to them leaving on a daily basis to discourage/prevent this type of behavior, unfortunately we cannot accuse a person of a crime nor hold them liable if we have no evidence that they did anything wrong. We have many times over found elecronics, jewelry even monies which were collected and stored until the client can contact us to claim them, looking at our past reviews on this site alone will show we have no history of theft claims. It's an unfortunate situation as well as a slippery slope, if you would like to contact me (sales@thekenthotel.com) and advise me of the items left behind, I can investigate this a little further and see if there is anything we could do for you, the only thing I can suggest to fellow travelers is to keep your valuables in a safe if the room has one (even if they are left behind only management can open a locked safe), and double check even triple check your room prior to your departure to make sure that you do not leave anything behind, whether valuable or not.

Reviewed April 19, 2012

A hotel ideally located in south beach to explore the city, art deco, and the beach. The suite was perfect for 4 people (1 room). Very clean, very nice people. The kitchen was very well equipped (big fridge, microwave, knives and forks etc for 4 people). The bed was ok but not perfect. The street was a little nousy, but that's Miami !

Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank Elisabethzaza

Thank you for your great review, we hope to provide you with your lodging needs in the future.

Reviewed April 18, 2012

We stayed only one night at the Suites on south beach; and even though we knew it was going to be a motel we were pleasantly surprised by the room. We liked the size of the beds and everything in the room was clean. There was a little kitchenette area with a fridge and microwave and that was useful. It was walking distance to the beach and it's on a nice stretch of Collins, so you feel like you're in the thick of it without staying in an overpriced hotel (which we did stay on this trip and now wish we had just stuck with suites on south beach!)

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Janice V

Thank you for the great review, we hope next time in South Beach you skip the "overpriced" name brand hotels and stay with us again, you will not be disappointed!