“Superb service from a reliable brand.”

COMO Metropolitan Miami Beach
Ranked #5 of 214 Hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed August 29, 2014

I had the pleasure of staying at Metro by Como - Miami Beach, FL 25 AUG thru 29 AUG 2014.
My very first stay at a boutique hotel in South Beach. I must say, I will probably never patronize a large, crowded, major-chain establishment on my next visit in December. This place was simple, elegant, unpretentious, and reasonably priced. I was first impressed by the chic decor of my room as well as that of the property. The pool deck was perfect. It had charming and trendy design that used the natural beauty of its nestled location to create aesthetic bliss. Facilities at this location were clean, inviting, and most importantly - relaxing.

The staff was responsive, but not overbearing, friendly, but not awkward. Each day, I was greeted and treated with smiles, grins, and kindness. The beach completed the experience. It is just a few steps from the property, unlike many hotels in the area. Its private enough that one peacefully enjoys the blue seas, but open enough that one doesn't find himself confined and cut-off from the rest of the vibrant South Beach festivities.

I want to thank the following individuals for a lovely time:

Gilbert - Beach (Thanks for setting us up)
Domi - Beach ( Thanks for the burger, the pizza wasn't bad :) )
Sadhyi - Pool Deck/Bar
Mario - Pool Deck/Bar
Elliot - Beach
Elisha & Judit - Front Desk
And most certainly the young lady from Miami who took care of our room
on Wednesday evening.

and most importantly the management team, Javier and Diego.

Thank you all for your patience and your service.

Best Regards,

J Eric Hamlin
#406

Room Tip: Request and Ocean view, Umbrellas are $25 on the beach (I think this property has a contract with an...
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends
ThibautCOMO, Director of Sales at COMO Metropolitan Miami Beach, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2017

Management

Write a ReviewReviews (1,491)

Reviewed August 28, 2014

We don't usually fly south in summer, but our weekend in Miami Beach was a real vacation at the Metropolitan. Driving on Collins Avenue, it's easy to miss this small hotel among the big condos and hotels typical of Miami. The Metropolitan is a beautiful oasis of calm and excellence, from the reception desk to the dining room, the poolside to the guest room. Over our three-day stay (with ocean view!) we had two breakfasts, three lunches (poolside) and one dinner. The food was so delicious there was no need to leave except to find some high-energy nightlife. Try the fish seviche and fish tacos! The bed is big and comfortable, the bathrobes cozy and the AC just right – even when it's 95 outside. Also highly recommend the rooftop spa, both for the view and the great massage. The Metropolitan is our new favorite hotel for all seasons. Will definitely return.

Room Tip: Ocean view on east end, Inland Waterway and Miami views on west end. Balconies on side rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 25, 2014

My husband and I just returned to the UK from a long weekend staying at the Metropolitan. I booked the hotel as a surprise for my husband's 30th birthday based on TripAdvisor reviews and it certainly lived up to and deserved the wonderful feedback. The service we received throughout our stay was second to none, I can honestly say that I have never been so impressed. From the initial email I sent to the hotel asking them to make a fuss of my husband for his birthday, to checking in and throughout our stay, the staff really made us feel welcome and nothing was ever too much trouble. I'd particularly like to mention Jack behind The Traymore bar and Sadhy who looked after us by the pool. As for making a fuss of my husband, the team rolled out all the stops - a surprise room upgrade, a surprise birthday cake and complimentary dessert at the end of our meal on the first night at the hotel restaurant: The Traymore. On the note of food, we ate at the restaurant only the once and didn't have breakfast in the hotel but the food was absolutely lovely.
The rooms are beautifully decorated and very comfortable with a nod to the hotel's Art Deco past; one minor suggestion would perhaps be to have a little more information on the SoBe area and hotel's spa in the room. Our room had a Nespresso machine so I was never without my caffeine fix first thing in the morning!
The location of the hotel is perfect, right on the beach and a little further up from the louder hotels so it is very relaxing. Still, if you want to party then it's only a short cab ride or 15 minute walk down to Lincoln Road. The last time I was in Miami I stayed at the Mandarin in Brickell and while it was lovely, it was too quiet; the Metropolitan is the perfect solution.
My only negative comment would be the price to hire an umbrella on the beach; $25 in my opinion is a little steep and you certainly need an umbrella in the scorching Miami heat but I understand that the service is not run by the hotel directly so I don't think they have much say in the matter.
We wouldn't hesitate to stay here again, we had a wonderful long weekend in Miami.

1  Thank HelenaM83

Reviewed August 25, 2014

From the moment my husband and I stepped into this beautiful tucked away hotel, we were pleased. We booked our stay through a friend who uses Virtuoso travel, which is wonderful. We were able to stay here at an affordable price, and still be treated like celebrities. Upon checking in we were told that with our package we would receive a room upgrade, free umbrella use on the beach, breakfast each morning, and a credit toward any dining either at the restaurant or pool. We arrived early due to just disembarking off a cruise. Our room was not quite ready yet so we were given a pool key and access to the spa to change into our swim suits and enjoy the beach and pool while we waited for our room to be ready.
The pool would have to be my favorite part about this luxurious hotel. Upon entering, the pool manager asked us if we would like seats and he quickly made up two lounge chairs with towels and and an umbrella. We were offered menus and the option of ordering drinks. The pool is so lovely, and gave the appearance of an infinity pool. The area is very well maintained and guests are the number one priority here. While relaxing by the pool the front desk staff called and said our room, was ready. We were brought up to our room by a staff member and given a tour of the room. We were very pleased with the updated boutique style room. It was very clean and spacious. As we prepared for the beach I went downstairs to speak with concierge about dinner plans and was pleased with the help I got. We made reservations that night for the hotel restaurant, which has been rated very highly for seafood. We also were given a reservation for the following evening at BLT Steakhouse to celebrate our anniversary. The staff is so attentive and really listens because later that evening when we returned to our room there were treats waiting for us on a plate with "Congratulations" written in chocolate. Very classy indeed.
The food at the restaurant was delicious. My husband had the chicken and I had the Parmesan crusted flounder, which basically melted in your mouth. We also enjoyed the tomato cucumber salad. Again, the staff was amazing and attended to any of our needs. The mango sorbet was phenomenal as well. The beach staff was great. Domi brought us drinks and delicious fish tacos for lunch and we swam in the ocean. I was very impressed with the beach and the quick access right off the pool. I liked the privacy and the fact you need a room access key to enter into the pool area. We also loved the hydrotherapy pool located on the roof. It is a private little hideaway that also has bed style lounging. It was quite relaxing. I might suggest they keep it open at night after nine for those who want to use the facility in the later evening.
We spent our anniversary day relaxing by the pool in one of the beds with pillows and cocktails. Although the cocktails are quite expensive, we didn't mind because you are also paying for the excellent service. I recommend the jalapeno margarita. It really helped that we had the $100 food and beverage credit through our travel agent because the food and drink are luxuries. There is also a weekend grill menu that was very enticing.
All in all our anniversary was made so special by this wonderful staff and beautiful chic property. It was just what I had in mind as I was thinking of how I wanted to spend my anniversary. Downtown South Beach is a $6 cab ride down the road and you can go there for a more party feel. My husband and I would love to visit this hotel again if given the opportunity. Excellent in every way.

Room Tip: Ask for a king size bed.
1  Thank nbcapece

Reviewed August 21, 2014

We would usually stay at Delano. This time we were pointed to the Metropolitan while making reservations with the group's Turk & Caicos resort.

Very good experience. Very well located and decorated with nice staff and food. Comes as a bonus the crisp and clean feeling in the room, much different than other places by the beach.

One thing to be improved though is the valet service, slow on some occasions.

Our first choice in South Beach now.

1  Thank RicardoAmaral
Javier B, Manager at COMO Metropolitan Miami Beach, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2014

Dear RicardoAmaral,

Many thanks for taking the time to write the kind review following your stay with us. Parrot Cay, by COMO in the Turks & Caicos serves as our sister property and work very close with them -- glad you were able to experience our property after your visit to Parrot Cay.

Having opened March 1st, we strived to create something different on Miami Beach, and to hear this align with your experience makes me very pleased. The wait time for our valet to bring cars from the garage to the property with the traffic on Collins Avenue can be a challenge, but certainly on future stays if given notice of departure times have plenty of space in front of the property to have your car awaiting your arrival. I will pass the message so we continue to find ways of improving this service.

Greatly looking forward to your return to Miami Beach and the Metropolitan by COMO!

Best,

Sam Eisenman
Operations Manager

Reviewed August 20, 2014

My wife and I took a quick trip to South Beach for our "second honeymoon" and chose to stay at this 5 star hotel using our rewards points. From the time we checked-in to the moment we checked-out, the customer service offered by the general manager, Javier, did not stop. From two complimentary glasses of champagne delivered to our room, to two delicious and comped desserts our first night at the (also fabulous, but still undiscovered so easy to access) hotel restaurant: The Traymor. Everything was delicious, but if you only try one thing, make sure it's the seafood stew. In addition to trying the restaurant, my wife and I also each had two massages at the Como Shambhala spa - one upon check-in and one upon check-out - that's four massages in all and all were fantastic. We have the names of each of the masseurs/masseuses and can follow up with that in a Como Shambhala review. The rooms were perfectly decorated with just the right comfort to chic ratio. The staff was extremely accommodating. And the poolside / beach service and food was awesome - everything we ate from the fish tacos, to the grilled beef skewers, to the fresh coconut water (right out of the shell) was perfect. Our only wish was that we would have been informed that the beautiful buffet breakfast was included daily in our package - we received quite a substantial bill the first day we tried it and opted out the following days (it was delicious, but not something we wanted to pay so much for more than once) only to find out that the charge was reversed and the buffet was supposed to be included free for our entire stay. Had we known that we definitely would have enjoyed the breakfast buffet daily instead of going out to other restaurants, so that was the only disappointing part of an otherwise wonderful stay. Lastly, there was sometimes a language barrier between us and the staff, who is mainly foreign, but that also added to the feel that we were truly away on vacation. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank 411NYC212
Javier B, General Manager at COMO Metropolitan Miami Beach, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2014

Dear 411NYC212,

On behalf of our entire team, many thanks for your kind and thorough review following your honeymoon. I remember distinctly looking after your visit, and glad to hear it was as enjoyable as expected. One only has so many special occassions, and ensuring the occassion is as special as you deserve is something we pride ourselves on.

I have shared your comments with our team, all proud of the product they are delivering. Please do let me know of any specific names (in the Spa, too as you mention) so I may pass your kind regards directly. I apologize for the miscommunication regarding the breakfast. Our buffet is only included for package reservations and this should have all been confirmed upon booking. I will follow-up with our team to decipher how the miscommunication on our end could have occurred.

From the restaurant, I must admit, not a single dish I do not enjoy, but of them all, the seafood stew is certainly one I ask the Chef never to have removed from his seasonal rotations and menu changes. Greatly looking forward to your return to Miami.

All the best,

Javier Beneyto

Reviewed August 20, 2014

This hotel is a discovery. It so far the best experience I had in Miami. It is a five star hotel, very relaxed extremely friendly and competent staff with no attitude. The hotel itself is tastefully put together, elegant but relaxed. Just perfect to feel at home.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Paul Z

Dear Paul Z,

I greatly appreciate hearing the rave review of your recent stay with us. Our staffing mixed with decor and service style are all aspects we take great pride in.

Our team greatly looks forward to your return.

Warm Regards,