Z Ocean Hotel South Beach
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$275
$223
$451
$369
  • Pool
Shore Club South Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$250
$217
Official Site
  • Pool
Fontainebleau Miami Beach(Miami Beach)
$379
  • Beachfront
The Miami Beach EDITION(Miami Beach)
$381
$369
  • Pool
Hilton Cabana Miami Beach(Miami Beach)
$198
$179
Hilton.com
  • Beachfront
The Palms Hotel & Spa(Miami Beach)
$269
$199
thepalmshotel.com
  • Pool
Grand Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)
$269
  • Pool
Eden Roc Miami Beach Resort(Miami Beach)
$315
$246
$388
$284
Orbitz.com
2,060 results
All reviewsfront porch cafehot tubprivate jacuzzicrowne plazapenthouse suiterooftop terraceocean drivewet barsouth beachnespresso machinecomplimentary bottle of winehuge showerespanola wayrain showersitting areacity viewcollins avenue
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 10, 2010

Stayed 2 nights on a stopover from Central America on a recommendation. Rooms great and the rooftop deck would be wonderful during warmer months. However, the rates do not reflect the service...non existant. No restaurant or bar facilities, no room service, no mini bar. OK, there are plenty of other optons to eat around the aread but you would expect some form of service. Also the hotel claims to be part of the Crowne Plaza group but does not honour the membership entitlement. I travel 150 days a year all over the world and i can say there are far better 'value for money hotels around, even in Miami. Would not stay there again but go back to The Loews.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled solo
Claudia0468, Manager at Z Ocean Hotel South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2010

Thank you for your feedback; we do appreciate it. We are looking forward to the completion of the restaurant restoration and will have our standard amenities very soon; we hope that you will allow us another opportunity and remain at your service when you return to South Beach.

Reviewed March 8, 2010

Very nice hotel - modern with nice amenities. Location is terrific. Walk across a driveway size street to the beach. You do pay a resort fee, but that takes away any decision about whether or not to go to the beach to use the chairs and umbrellas. I didn't see any rooms that had outdoor entrances. Balconies are large with chaise lounge chairs and a dining table with chairs. Recommend asking for a room on the side street or Ocean drive side as the Collins side you may hear a little noise on a weekend night if you are a light sleeper. But make no mistake, like all of South Beach this hotel is geared toward adults. We happened to walk up to the pool one evening just to have a look around and found two men and one woman swimming au naturale. If you bring children, I would just use a little caution. Once of the reasons I selected this hotel was not only the favorable comments on trip advisor, but I like the way management monitors this site and responds to comments. There seems to be some issue with the restaurant right now, but there are plenty of restaurants nearby. The Grill Fish across the street is nice for dinner and there is also a large deli/diner which is great for breakfast.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank puremichigan028

Thank you for your comments and the great feedback regarding our hotel, location and suite amenities. We are delighted you enjoy your stay, you are correct, we do allow European bathing in the hotel; however, we always monitor all areas with our security team to ensure all guests are provided with the best experience in South Beach! We look forward to your return!

Reviewed March 3, 2010

After some work in Africa and international travel. Was visiting my parents in Florida, I decided I need a break for some beach time. And I stayed at the Z. Wow, what a hotel. Nextdoor is the Betsy, which is double or triple the price.

I had one of their PH, a room with a giant private roof deck with private spa. So nice. With the hotel just across the street from the beach, I found I spent most of my time there. And the hotel provides each guest with 2 beach chairs and umbrella. And they even have beach service for food and drink. So so nice.

And better yet the hotel is located in the center of it all, the front is on Collins Drive but the rear is on Ocean Drive. Just two blocks from Lincoln Road.

It is all there. I would high recommend a stay. Well worth the price.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank Nusiax

Thank you for your great feedback; we love to hear that our guests will soon return to enjoy our property and our amenities. Our rooftop suites are wonderful and like no other on the beach! Glad you got to enjoy the great weather and view; we can't wait to see you again!

Reviewed March 2, 2010

We loved the few days we spent here. It was relaxing, the staff was friendly and the beach chairs and umbrellas were a well needed amenity in the Florida sun. We stayed in a suite on the top floor and had a hot tub and bar of our own on a large patio overlooking the ocean - very private with curtains to surround us. Wonderful! There was a restaurant on site but closed for renovations. It is not a big deal though, since Miami Beach has so many restaurants to try anyway. Our favorite place in Miami Beach so far!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BLKing

Thank you for your feedback; it's great to know that you enjoyed the hotel and our amenities; we look forward to having you once again when you make your next plans in Sunny South Beach!

Reviewed February 26, 2010

This hotel's lobby and public areas have a very nightclub-style feel, with blue light and aluminum walls and electro-lounge music playing. The rooms are spacious and have a wet bar with barstools and a sitting area with couch and armchair in addition to the bed area and bathroom. These rooms would be good if you were in town with friends to party and wanted to be able to lounge suite-style in the rooms and make drinks. The hotel room floor is tile or marble and the furniture is dark and contemporary, giving the whole place a loungey/party feel. Bathroom is huge with his and her sinks. Very geometrical in design. The overall style is too hard-edged for me but I'm sure it would suit some others.

My room gave out onto the pool deck, which was a fun touch and made it easy to sit by the pool in the morning.

My preferred hotel style is more cozy/comfy so I ended up going to the Betsy for a more relaxed, beachy, boutique feel. I recommend this hotel to people who want a wet bar/lounge area in the room or direct pool access from their room.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank kaytchinha
Claudia0468, Manager at Z Ocean Hotel South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2010

Thank you for your comments; we appreciate you sharing your experience with us; although your preferred property is different from us; we hope that you will consider us again during your next travel plans.