“Lovely hotel, perfect located!”

Z Ocean Hotel South Beach
Ranked #10 of 207 Hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersGold level
Frankfurt, Germany
“Lovely hotel, perfect located!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

We were already staying last year in this hotel, but I want to leave my comment better later than never, becaue we truly had a nice time there. Due to an upgrade we were lucky enough to stay in one of the penthouse suites with own roof terrace and whirlpool and an impressive and also very clean interior. In the rate included was also a beach service, so we could enjoy very comfortable beach beds and had a nice chat with Calvin, who provided an excellent towel service at the beach. We had very little time to experience the city but thanks to the recommendations from concierge Mickie we have experienced an interessting day and he proposed also a cozy restaurant for dinner on the ocean drive (so just munites from the hotel away) what made a perfect ending of a perfect day in Miami.

Room Tip: Its worth to invest in one of the suites with roof terrace.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank R0XI_15
Zoceansales, Director of Sales at Z Ocean Hotel South Beach, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear R0XI_15,

Thank you or your candid review on your stay at the Z Ocean Hotel South Beach and your correct it's never too late to post a positive review.... The title of your review brings us great joy, as this is the impression the staff aim to leave for every guest Lovely Hotel and yes it's a great location!! I’m glad that you had the chance to be upgraded to one of our gorgeous penthouse suite. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Director of Sales & Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (443)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Clearwater, FL
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

I ALWAYS use TripAdvisor and do my research on reviews which is why I chose this hotel. We always stay at 4 and 5 star resorts and have no problem paying for a top notch facility...this is not it. We couldn't decide between an AMAZING condo in the Ten Museum Park or a rooftop terrace suite here so we waited until the last minute to book OUR HONEYMOON! I finally booked the morning of. Put all my info in the computer and it didn't give me a receipt so I didn't want to do it again and get charged double. First, let me say that the night before we left, my sweet little dog fell very sick and we were up ALL night with him. He turned for the better and he was in good hands with his "second mom" so we drove the almost 5 hours because this was the first chance we have been able to take even a short honeymoon. When we arrive we were informed my reservation did not go through. So, after almost 48 hours of being awake, we really just need sleep. We are told the type room is requested was over $100 more than we had just (we thought) booked at 9 am, so I walked across the lobby to tell my husband and when I came back Angela informed me it was no longer available. So she showed us a regular room. After much discussion, we decided to take it because we were just too tired to look anywhere else. When we get to what Angela "claims" is the last room, we are escorted to a little room with a balcony that overlooks......AN ABANDONED HOTEL!!!!! Our view is literally a rooftop of old A/C units! Let me say this again ON OUR HONEYMOON. And the worst part is little miss Angela could care less. I've never met a more cold, less caring person. We even asked her to recommend another hotel. Everyone knows that some hotels work together (because, hello, Angela!!!!! It's our HONEYMOON!!!) and she just threw a name out there. I can't tell you how excited I was for us to be able to relax and finally enjoy some time together and I can't express enough how horrible the Z Ocean has made it. Everyone else here had been very nice ( especially Chris the bellhop), but if Angela is who they are going to have representing them, their rating
will drop quickly. Oh, and to top it all off, I ordered a well done burger from room service and it is raw in the middle and so far,
we've had 2 things (Internet and
the Bose system, so we've had to have a serviceman here twice). We will surely be leaving here in the morning with memories of 1 woman who single handedly ruined the honeymoon of 2 people.
(Sorry to be so long, but I'm in tears I am so upset.)

• Stayed August 2013
6 Thank notforme22
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Z Ocean Hotel South Beach, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear notforme22,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences. Your opinion is very important to us, as it helps us identify areas in need of improvement. We would like to apologize for any inconveniences you may have experienced due to the unacceptable customer service received from our hotel staff and room accommodations. We truly value the comments as this gives us the opportunity of improving what we can offer to improve your stay. We will address these points and we hope when you return you will see the improvements made.

Once again thank you for bringing this to our attention. We greatly appreciate your feedback as this gives us the avenue to improve on our guest satisfaction and we look forward to welcoming you back in an effort to provide you the level of service you expect from us.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare
Brooklyn, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

I'm so confused by the reviews I read before booking this hotel and even after my trip in June, 2013!
Z Ocean is not, I repeat not, a luxury hotel. Please do not be fooled by these reviews!

Let me start by stating I booked this hotel through Magellan Vacations- whcih will be of significance later. When I booked the trip, the Magellan Rep did two things: (1) She quoted me an entire price, including taxes and the extra person fees (we were a party of seven) for each room and (2) stated that the rooms would be right next to each other.

Two or three days after I booked the hotel, my best friend and I called the hotel directly, where they reassured us that the two rooftop suites would be right next door to one another.

Upon arrival, that was not the case. We were on the same floor, but a couple of doors down from one another. It completely defeated the purpose of why we elected to stay at Z ocean- we had booked separate rooms and suites at the Fountainebleau, but because they were not together, we decided to stay here since we were assured that they would be together. We would have done better for virtually the same money at the FountainBleau.

The rooms were meh. The furniture seemed a bit old. The shower was amazing. The jacuzzi and the rooftop furniture looked like walking STD's. I went up to check it out the night we arrived and the tub was dirty, the couches were filty, etc. I never went back up there again. Some of the girls used the jacuzzi- they weren't impressed by it.

The pool was decent, but small. The cleaning service was ok- but we constantly had to call for towels, etc. If there are four girls to one room and three to the other, who are you leaving only 4 or 3 towels in each room? We are women, with hair, etc- we require more than one towel most times. Def. was not feeling the amount of times we had to call to ask for items.

I liked the location of the hotel- was right in the middle of everything. Had brunch at the restaurant once- it kinda sucked. Nothing to rave about.

I would have given this hotel an average if it weren't for what happened when we checked out. Magellan quoted us the wrong numbers and our stay was alleged $360 more than what we thought. When explaining and showing emails to the manager, she really didn't seem to care. Her response was sub-par; she would only say that she would contact Magellan the next day to find out what happened. I paid that extra #360, and sure enough, Magellan realized their mistake the next day and I was refunded the $360 without having to wage too big of a war against either company. But, I was completely turned off by their initial response- if you have a company promoting your hotel and customers are showing you what the company quoted them, honor the contract made on your behalf!

Anywho- I will not return to this hotel. Go stay at Loews or the W or the FountaineBleau- thank me when you get back.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
5 Thank TCG81
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Z Ocean Hotel South Beach, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Dear TCG81,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. I apologize for any inconvenience the room conditions may have caused you. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually. Thank you for staying and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again on your next future visit.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

We spent 4 nights in Miami at the Z Ocean hotel on south beach and really enjoyed our stay. the service was excellent and there is nothing really we can complain about. We had the Lanai pool access rooms and it was very comfortable. My room was spacious and the bathroom was excellent with the best shower i have seen in a many hotels. They allowed us to check in early. we arrive from san francisco at 8am and were given a room at 11 am which was earlier than the check in time.. so thumbs up to them for this. also on one of the days we only left the room at 8 for dinner time since we were lounging in the pool area the whole day. we came back and our room was made.. very very good service on this part.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank ineedsoftbeds
Zoceansales, Director of Sales at Z Ocean Hotel South Beach, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear Aneks,

ขอบคุณสำหรับข้อมูลของท่าน! What an amazing way to spend your vacation come all the way from Bangkok! We’re thrilled that from the moment you arrived we were able to meet and exceed your expectation.... From your profile it seems that you are a world travel and it brings us great pleasure to see that we were able to make your stay with us so memorable. Please come back soon to your new home in Miami the Z Ocean Hotel South Beach.

Oxford, Mississippi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

My experience at Z Ocean was great. The location in South Beach was spot on and the experience from check-in to check-out was perfect. We were greeted immediately by the front desk staff to a champagne reception and a quick early check in.

No, It's not cheap to stay here but for the money I would do it again.

The penthouse floor with a rooftop view is a must do. I went with the city view and was pleased. The ocean view is a partial ocean view and seeing the city skyline was a plus for me.
Spend the extra money for the rooftop view and enjoy sunning out on top privately with privacy curtains. We enjoyed people watching on Collins Ave when not at the beach or shopping.
I must mention the shower. Four jets shooting out of the wall in front of you, one main showerhead like normal and an overhead shower that comes down like nice steamy rain. Yummy!

The pool has a transparent bottom in spots so that people underneath in the breezeway/bar area can see upwards to the pool. This was great for the most part until a couple decided to "go at it"
and put on a show. Somethings are ok left back in the room.

Many great restaurants nearby as well as shopping. Being in South Beach it appears everything cost more but the ambience is worth it.

Room Tip: PH 24 was a city view room but had partial ocean views as well. It was detached from the main buildi...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear jriffe1,

Thank you so very for your comment on your stay here at the Z Ocean Hotel South Beach. We take the feedback of our guests very seriously and appreciated the time taken to share this feedback with us. We pleased that you truly enjoyed your Rooftop Terrace Suite.. all 27 units are so unique with its own private hot tub, wet bar and privacy curtain you truly have your own little oasis up there. As for the location as I've said over and over again.. if you had a bulls-eye on South Beach the Z Ocean would be the center of it all, walking distance to shops, dining and night life you really don't need a car here. We hope you will come back and see us again soon!

Paris, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

I wish I could give this hotel more than 5 star. This hotel is in a great location, close to all the south action, all the miami beach clubs and restaurants. And the staff make it even better. Vanesa at check in was amazing, friendly, beautiful smile (and sexy!) she helped us get the best room. Ricky! my man from housekeeping hooked us up with everything in the room, he was great. The 2 girls cleaning our room, they were gorgeous and cleaned good too, specially with 4 guys in the room. The guys from Valet, everyone at the bar. We had a great time. Only down side is the pool is not too big. But its the perfect getaway.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Alex H
Dear Alex,

Thank you for your gracious feedback on your recent stay with us here at the Z Ocean. Very nice to hear about the engaging service, especially, for mentioning Vanessa (she is single) and Ricky on their attentiveness and friendliness during your visit. We are happy that our staff really made your visit pleasant, Please come back soon...

Miami Beach, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

Amazing location, rooms and employees. I had to bring people from out of town for a show pilot i am producing. Director, writer, assistant director and cast couldn't be any happier. I had made a reservation for them and was concerned about them being happy with the hotel, since they would be spending almost 15 days there while shooting. Thanks to the whole team, I could almost say they didn't really miss home. Nothing like those rooms after a looooong day of filming. The staff was really helpful all the time. One of the guests had to bring her 9 year old daughter and they were so sweet as to leave a teddy bear for her. Like I like to say...It's the little things. Amazing attention to detail. Rooms were super clean and comfortable. Special thanks to Leonor, Sandra and Yanegsi from housekeeping department for always being so helpful. They were mentioned almost on every morning meeting, saying how sweet and helpful they were. So if you are still thinking if you should stay at this hotel, I would tell you, to stop thinking and do it. It's worth it! Highly recommend it. We'll definitely be coming again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Milly

Thank you for your comments on your recent groups visit to the Z Ocean Hotel South Beach.

It is great to read that your group enjoyed their stay while shooting here on South Beach. Thank you for noticing all the little things our team does to make a guests stay more welcoming. The Z Bears is a gift we like to give all our small visitors to take home and remember there visit. The housekeeping (Leonor, Sandra and Yanegsi) team sends their thank you.

Remember the Z Ocean as your new hotel for all your production business here on South Beach.

Looking forward to your next visit with us.