“Just perfect”

GreenLeadersGold level
Roswell, Georgia
“Just perfect”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

Everything was fantastic, Starting with Kristen at the front desk. Even the Beach Guy said that the Z is tops when it comes to service. Been to Betsy and the Tides and the Z beats them (as long as you can get a rooftop/penthouse) The rooftop with the rollaway covering made it awesome. We had a Bachelor party staying next to us..great guys and they partied, however, the sound was very minimal due to the construction of the building. Close the glass doors and keeps all the noise out.

Also, perfect location on 14th/Collins. Lincoln Rd a few blocks away, stroll to the Raleigh another few blocks and just around the corner of Ocean. Three liquor stores on the block and the Front Proch Cafe was awesome for room service..

Been to South Beach over 10 times and this will be our new ground Zero.

Room Tip: PH 11, 10, 9 are the best in the hotel. Spluge for the rooftop.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Zoceansales, Director of Sales at Z Ocean Hotel South Beach, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear sirideal,

Thank you for your candid review on your recent stay at the Z Ocean is much appreciated. Wow the hotels you compared us to are all excellent hotels with great reputations and to be your favorite thank you very much!!!! I completely agree with you in regards to our rooftops with rolling shades and hot tubs, sound system and sunbed are amazing.. I've shared your wonderful comments with the front desk team especially Kristen who says hello.... don't be a stranger we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Director of Sales & Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (443)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Lakeland, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel after a cruise, so we were checking in around 10 am. The valet and baggage guy were courteous and prompt. The people at the front desk were great, and I was told I would be called when my room was ready, which I've heard from other places and probably means I'll have to call them around 3 or 4 pm to see if my room was ready. I was shocked and impressed that they called me at 11 am to tell me the room was ready! When we got back, they sent the luggage right up.

The room was gorgeous. We stayed in a rooftop penthouse with a partial ocean view. The kitchen area had a microwave, refrigerator (and not just a mini bar, so we could actually use it), glassware, sink and bar seats. The room was good sized with an entertainment center separating the living room with the bed. The bathroom had two sinks and counters separated by the toilet. The only down side of this room was there wasn't quite as much privacy with the toilet if someone else was in the bathroom, but there are two sliding doors that separate the bathroom from everything else, so that helped. The bed was very comfortable.

The best part about this room was the balcony/rooftop. The balcony was good sized with a table and three chairs. There was a spiral staircase that took you up to the rooftop, which was about the same size as the room underneath. It had a Jacuzzi tub with plenty of room for two people, another mini fridge, and an oversized padded chaise facing the ocean, and the view was great.

Overall, Z Ocean is a not-too-large hotel that has a great location. The room was beautiful, was spacious, and had things most hotels could only dream of providing. I will definitely be staying in this hotel again the next time I visit Miami Beach!

Dear Jennifer,

Thank you for kind words on the Z Ocean Hotel South Beach is truly appreciated, it always pleases me to hear when the staff execute and create the perfect guest experience and our check in procedure is wonderful. If your rooms not ready when you arrive just start your vacation and we will call you as soon as your ready for you.... I am glad that you felt a warm welcome from our team they are huge assets for the hotel.

As for your detailed description of our Rooftop Terrace Suite it could not have been more perfect... the space it provides is truly unique and no other hotel around us has this feature. You didn't mention if you had a chance to use your hot tub.. perhaps ocean was too beautiful to resist. Lakeland, FL. is not to far away and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Z real soon....

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

We decided to go to Miami for our honeymoon and this hotel, in my opinion, is the best spot on the strip.

The layout is amazing, all suite rooms with marble floors, dual plasma screens, dark wood cabinets and a shower that can fit 4! The shower, with 3 front nozzles and an overhead is without a doubt, all the reason you need to stay at this hotel.

The balconies are huge, all of them in each room and stretch the distance of these oversized rooms which was a huge plus for us. You can upgrade to get one with a hot tube outside.

The location is amazing, across the street is a NYC Dinner that used to be a club and on the other side is the beach! Down 1 block is Lincoln with all the best restaurants and people watching in South Beach and Washington is 2 blocks in the other direction...this is the spot to be in you want the best of South Beach!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Zoceansales, Director of Sales at Z Ocean Hotel South Beach, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Dear Jimmye1212,

Your review of your recent stay at the Z Ocean Hotel South Beach is greatly appreciated, a real boutique experience is what we try to create everyday day for all of our guests. Our unique hotel truly does have what other don't a true suite experience with over-sized room, large showers (room for six in some units) and balconies on every suite is what makes the Z truly special. Second is location walk out our doorstep and everything is a short walk away night clubs, shopping and best dining in all of South Beach. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Z in the near future.

Director of Sales & Marketing

PS... you really know the area if you remember when Jerry's was a nightclub (warsaw)
New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

I stayed at the Z ocean hotel for my vacation last year but I had been wrote and saved my review. The hotel is absolutely amazing! Perfect location situated on the corner between ocean & collins ave. , friendly staff, Room service was excellent and reasonably priced for south beach. If you can spare the extra coins I highly recommend staying in one of the penthouse suites. The rooms were amazing I am not sure which aspect of the room I loved more, actual mini bar with bar stools, the two televisions, the luminous lighting around the headboard, or the double balconies and spacious roof top terrace equipped with a day bed, patio set, out door speaker with ipod connection or the roof top hot tub which was beautiful when the lights were turned on at night. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to the South beach area. I’ve been to sobe several times and I plan on returning to this hotel in the future. When heading to the beach the hotel has a designated area with beach chairs and umbrellas set up for hotel guest and I found it to be a great benefit to staying at this hotel. The hotel was much smaller then I had anticipated and the pool was small as well but it complimented the size of the hotel. Overall I really enjoyed my stay and I am certainly looking forward to my next visit.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Travelboi87,

Thanks so much for your positive comments, we truly take pride in providing top notch service at the Z Ocean Hotel South Beach, such detailed reviews such as these really help to promote the uniqueness and how special this place truly is.... You have to visit us to truly appreciate your words. Being that South Florida has numerous boutique hotels, our goal at the Z Ocean is to separate ourselves from the competition by offering service levels that are second to none. We hope to invite you back to south beach soon so you can enjoy the Z once again.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

Everything about my stay at this hotel was absolutely superb. I came down for a weekend getaway and booked for 3 nights in a penthouse suite with a private hot tub.

Service: Top Notch My room was not ready yet before I checked in as I took a super early flight and they called me to let me know when my room was ready and took my luggage. In the meanwhile I had the concierge, Mickey, help me figure the best places to go late night and eat as I'm a bit of a foodie and my friend had a lot of objections to what she likes to eat. I would honestly say he was the most helpful concierge I have ever had so hats off to him. All the staff throughout my stay was friendly and it felt like they all knew me by the end of my stay.

Room: Wow! I saw the pictures and knew somewhat of what to expect but was completely blown away by how nice it is. The rooftop deck is huge and feels very private especially as there's a curtain you can pull over. I called housekeeping around 9PM to ask them to set the hot tub up for me and they had it done in no time. I didn't expect anyone to even be around at that time. The hot tub has great lighting so the decor is amazing at night and during the day. The bed was very comfortable. The shower area was quite spacious, had a seat even and had multiple heads so was quite enjoyable.

Overall I would highly recommend this to anyone looking to party and have a great weekend but also a couple that wants to get away and unwind. Even though we were in south beach I did tend to spend more time in the hotel and especially the rooftop deck than I usually do for a weekend jaunt. I plan on going back with a group of girl friends in the Winter and will 100% be staying here.

Room Tip: I had Penthouse 420 and while it had a cityview I actually really liked seeing all the cars go by.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Riskytrader
Dear Riskytrader,

Thank you so much for your review of the Z Ocean Hotel South Beach, we are elated that you were able to have an amazing experience at our hotel. We too are in love with our hotel and how truly unique. Our staff works hard to provide a memorable to each and every guest that we welcome into our homes in building lasting memories and relationships with our guests. I will be sure to let the Mickey our concierge know that they were helpful in your time here. As for the Rooftop Terrace Suite I have been told more than once that guests come here to party and enjoy the area but spend the entire time lounging on sunbed or relaxing in hot-tub, all we care about is your enjoyment of your visit to South Beach (even if you just stay in). We would love to have you back, please don't be a stranger! Please feel free to contact me directly when you are ready to book.

Mobile, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

Came here for my anniversary and all I can say is the rooftop suite was worth the price. My wife was happy and that's not an easy accomplishment! The manager on duty the night we checked in found out it was our anniversary and sent us a bottle of champagne. We sat at the bar in the restaurant and the bartender Neal was awesome. We got pretty wasted watching the Heat game. The concierge can get you into wherever you want to go also. I could on and on. Now I hope this cruise to the Bahamas will be just as pleasing.

Room Tip: Roof top suites are great for couples
Dear Roderick,

Thank you for the great review on your recent stay at the Z Ocean Hotel South Beach, we are very proud of our little boutique hotel. Being a married man I completely understand a happy wife a happy vacation!!! We're glad we were able to meet her expectations during your special weekend... Also you nice to hear you enjoyed our bar for the HEAT Game Playoff...
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Z in the near future.

Grand Cayman
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

I stayed with a couple of friends for a weekend in one of the penthouse rooms with a rooftop terrace. This was without doubt the nicest hotel room I have ever stayed in, and we made full use of the private hot tub. The service was incredibly helpful, the room was immaculately clean and well equipped, and the bathroom was very modern.

The hotel is right at the end of Ocean Drive, on the junction of 15th and Collins, so it's really handy for the nightlife and the shopping. The hedonistic delights of the Clevelander are only ten minutes walk away.

We never made it to the hotel pool, bar or restaurant so I can't comment on them, but based on what we saw, I'll bet they are splendid.

Room Tip: Go for one of the rooftop terrace rooms. They're not that much more expensive and boy are they w...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank John H
Zoceansales, Director of Sales at Z Ocean Hotel South Beach, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Dear John,

Thanks so much for your review. At the Z Ocean we love to read these kind of reviews!! Our Rooftop Terrace Suites are truly special.... and like you said in the heart of everything here on South Beach. Walking distance to shops, restaurant and yes the hedonistic clubs (which we all and I did meet my wife at the Clevelander). We look forward to welcoming you back real soon for more fun!!