“Great hotel - but lots of noise from the hallway”

Z Ocean Hotel South Beach
Ranked #12 of 210 Hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed May 21, 2012

Very hip and cool hotel. We only stayed one night, but it was a fantastic location to walk the strip, go for dinner, shop etc. I would highly recommend it - only complaint we had was the constant door slamming in the hallway. Every noise in the hall carried right in to the room which got to be rather annoying.

The on-site restaurant and bar is quite nice too, only had breakfast but it was excellent with lots of choices. I would definately stay there again if we're in South Beach!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
ZOceanSobe, General Manager at Z Ocean Hotel South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2012

Dear valued guest,

Your thoughts and comments are important to us and we thank you. Thank you for your kind comments for the team, our restaurant and the hotel accommodations. I am sorry you did not have the typical Z Ocean experience that we strive to provide to our guests. I place a great importance on taking care of our guests’ needs, and efforts are currently underway to make some changes to address some of the specific issues that you have mentioned.

Looking forward to welcome you back, I hope that you would consider staying with us again. I would like to personally ensure that you have a great experience. In the meantime, we remain at your service and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

There are newer reviews for Z Ocean Hotel South Beach

Reviewed May 18, 2012

I brought my husband with me on a business trip with a play day before and a few days after for our anniversary. We stayed here on night one (then had to move to the corporate event hotel). It was WONDERFUL! I travel about 220 nights a year and this was one of my all time favorites! Exceptional service, beautiful room, great location. It was a win-win all around. I would recommend to any couples wanting an unforgettable getaway!

Room Tip: I would guess they are all good. We had a great room that had a sliding door out onto the pool.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us on your recent visit to South Beach. I am pleased to hear that you had a great visit with us! I shared you’re kind comments with the team and they are thrilled to kwon that your stay was flawless and that you would recommend our hotel.

I look forward to welcome you back at The Z Ocean Hotel. I would like to personally ensure that you have a great experience again. Please do not hesitate to call me directly if I can be of service to you.

Reviewed May 18, 2012

My recent stay at the Crowne Plaza South Beach-Z Ocean Hotel was exemplary. My hotel room was great with a large balcony. The location is the perfect location in South Beach. Where Collins Ave. meets Ocean, near Lincoln Road. The service was fantastic at all levels. The General Manager Carlos, and the Reservations Manager, Lori were great. As a Crowne Plaza Priority member, they removed my Resort Fee from the bill , which is one of the few issues guests complain about. (most hotels in South Beach have a Resort Fee). So this hotel was ranked ninth in South Beach when I booked, was number seven as I write this, they strive for number one. Enough said! Enjoy. (Oh and the ice cream store across the street gave me a free coupon for an ice cream cone, how great is that!)

Room Tip: there are three main levels to the hotel, the pool level (lower) is great if you are with kids,or j...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ronald R

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for your kind review. We pleased to learn that you had a superb stay with us. I shared you’re kind comments with Lori and the team and they are thrilled that you had pleasant stay with us..

Reviewed May 13, 2012

Booked a one bedroom rooftop suite room for a New Years trip with my girl friends. We stayed here and it was a great location. The jacuzzi on the rooftop was great and we spent A LOT of time up there, they also have a speaker system where you can plug in your IPOD so that was great. The room was clean and the hotel staff very helpful. The worse part of the hotel was the price but I knew going in it was going to be expensive due to New Years eve. i would definitely stay here again

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank anuday05

Dear valued guest,

I can only say "thank you" for sharing this great review. We strive to deliver great service to our guests. Thank you for your kind words for our great accommodations, the Roof Top Suites are fantastic and great place to relax and enjoy your visit.

On your next visit to South Beach, I hope that you would consider staying with us again to experience the improved Z Ocean Hotel. Please do not hesitate to call me directly if I can be of assistance to you. Thank you again for your review. It has been very helpful, and I wish you all the best.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed May 12, 2012

We spent 3 nights in a room overlooking Ocean, which is preferred to the busier street of Collins. We enjoyed the enormous balcony, although not private, and disappointed by smokers close by on one end :(.

The breezeway downstairs leading to the bar and exiting to Ocean Ave. is very cool, with the shimmering of the pool reflecting on the passageway. Looking up as you walk underneath, you can see the kids swimming - cute!

We had hoped to upgrade to a jacuzzi room as Platinum members, but seeing some of their balconies overlooking the pool, I think I prefer our lovely, quiet balcony.

The hotel is convenient to everything. It's definitely worth the 5 minute walk to take the express bus to/from the airport for $2.35 one-way!

Room Tip: Room overlooking Ocean Ave. for the lovely breezes.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank CAPatty

Dear valued guest,

It’s great to hear you enjoyed three nights with us. Thank you for your great review of Z Ocean Hotel. Quite honestly, we appreciate your candor and kind comments for our team
I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our great accommodations and location of the Hotel. Our pool is certainly a favorite with our guests. I shared your comments with our team; I am sure they will enjoy reading your pos.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again. Please do not hesitate to call me directly if I can be of service to you.

Reviewed May 12, 2012 via mobile

I travel for work and accumulate lots of points. So when the wife and I decided we wanted a quick weekend getaway I checked the Intercontinental Hotel group website and found the Z Oceans. Using my points for a free hotel we arrived on site. Expecting to get a basic room. When we arrived we found that we had been upgraded to a penthouse suite with rooftop hottub. They even presented us with free champagne for our anniversary. Very nice. We enjoyed the modern design. The multimedia shower and the large balcony was nice as well for when it rained. Wish we could have tried the beach club but by the time the rain quit they were closing. 5pm seemed early to close but all the others were closed as well. We would definitely go back. Service was great.

• Stayed: May 2012
3  Thank Cajunwanderer

Dear valued guest:

Thank you for sharing your kind comments from your recent stay with us. Our goal is to enhance your experience with a warm, personalized experience.

Reviewed May 11, 2012

We stayed at the the Z Ocean in April and had an amazing vacations. The Hotel is at the end of Ocean Dr (The best location) near eateries, across the street from Starbucks, and close to all the high end places. The Beach service was the best, the Front Porch Cafe was so good, we ate there everyday. Lori in in-house reservations took great care of us, with our room. The staff made us feel special, and we have already booked a return vacation. The rooms are much larger than most hotels in South Beach and the Hot Tubs are the best way to end a day shopping, laying in the sun, or staying out at the many clubs. We parked our car at the hotel on arrival and never drove it again until we check out, everything you need is within walking distance!
Great place to stay (I'm very picky)

Room Tip: Get a Roof Top Hot Tub room, worth the money!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank skipcleve

Dear valued guest:

Thank you for your great review! We are very happy to know that our hotel amenities enhanced your experience at the hotel. It sounds like you enjoyed our restaurant The Front Porch Café, the spacious rooms with comfortable beds, the beach club, and attentive team members. Our friendly staff strives to offer excellent and unforgettable guest experience. Thank you for your kind words for Lori.

Thank you as well for your booking your next visit, we are looking forward to welcome you back. Please do not hesitate to call me directly if I can be of service to you.