“Stayed for NY's great suite”

Z Ocean Hotel South Beach
Ranked #10 of 207 Hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersGold level
Moreno Valley, California
“Stayed for NY's great suite”
Reviewed May 13, 2012

Booked a one bedroom rooftop suite room for a New Years trip with my girl friends. We stayed here and it was a great location. The jacuzzi on the rooftop was great and we spent A LOT of time up there, they also have a speaker system where you can plug in your IPOD so that was great. The room was clean and the hotel staff very helpful. The worse part of the hotel was the price but I knew going in it was going to be expensive due to New Years eve. i would definitely stay here again

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank anuday05
ZOceanSobe, General Manager at Z Ocean Hotel South Beach, responded to this review, May 22, 2012
Dear valued guest,

I can only say "thank you" for sharing this great review. We strive to deliver great service to our guests. Thank you for your kind words for our great accommodations, the Roof Top Suites are fantastic and great place to relax and enjoy your visit.

On your next visit to South Beach, I hope that you would consider staying with us again to experience the improved Z Ocean Hotel. Please do not hesitate to call me directly if I can be of assistance to you. Thank you again for your review. It has been very helpful, and I wish you all the best.

Warmest regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (447)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Orange County
Reviewed May 12, 2012

We spent 3 nights in a room overlooking Ocean, which is preferred to the busier street of Collins. We enjoyed the enormous balcony, although not private, and disappointed by smokers close by on one end :(.

The breezeway downstairs leading to the bar and exiting to Ocean Ave. is very cool, with the shimmering of the pool reflecting on the passageway. Looking up as you walk underneath, you can see the kids swimming - cute!

We had hoped to upgrade to a jacuzzi room as Platinum members, but seeing some of their balconies overlooking the pool, I think I prefer our lovely, quiet balcony.

The hotel is convenient to everything. It's definitely worth the 5 minute walk to take the express bus to/from the airport for $2.35 one-way!

Room Tip: Room overlooking Ocean Ave. for the lovely breezes.
2 Thank CAPatty
Dear valued guest,

It’s great to hear you enjoyed three nights with us. Thank you for your great review of Z Ocean Hotel. Quite honestly, we appreciate your candor and kind comments for our team
I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our great accommodations and location of the Hotel. Our pool is certainly a favorite with our guests. I shared your comments with our team; I am sure they will enjoy reading your pos.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again. Please do not hesitate to call me directly if I can be of service to you.

Cajun in Southwest Louisiana
Reviewed May 12, 2012 via mobile

I travel for work and accumulate lots of points. So when the wife and I decided we wanted a quick weekend getaway I checked the Intercontinental Hotel group website and found the Z Oceans. Using my points for a free hotel we arrived on site. Expecting to get a basic room. When we arrived we found that we had been upgraded to a penthouse suite with rooftop hottub. They even presented us with free champagne for our anniversary. Very nice. We enjoyed the modern design. The multimedia shower and the large balcony was nice as well for when it rained. Wish we could have tried the beach club but by the time the rain quit they were closing. 5pm seemed early to close but all the others were closed as well. We would definitely go back. Service was great.

• Stayed May 2012
3 Thank Cajunwanderer
Dear valued guest:

Thank you for sharing your kind comments from your recent stay with us. Our goal is to enhance your experience with a warm, personalized experience.

I look forward to welcome you back at The Z Ocean Hotel. I would like to personally ensure that you have a great experience again. Please do not hesitate to call me directly if I can be of service to you.

Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed May 11, 2012

We stayed at the the Z Ocean in April and had an amazing vacations. The Hotel is at the end of Ocean Dr (The best location) near eateries, across the street from Starbucks, and close to all the high end places. The Beach service was the best, the Front Porch Cafe was so good, we ate there everyday. Lori in in-house reservations took great care of us, with our room. The staff made us feel special, and we have already booked a return vacation. The rooms are much larger than most hotels in South Beach and the Hot Tubs are the best way to end a day shopping, laying in the sun, or staying out at the many clubs. We parked our car at the hotel on arrival and never drove it again until we check out, everything you need is within walking distance!
Great place to stay (I'm very picky)

Room Tip: Get a Roof Top Hot Tub room, worth the money!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank skipcleve
Dear valued guest:

Thank you for your great review! We are very happy to know that our hotel amenities enhanced your experience at the hotel. It sounds like you enjoyed our restaurant The Front Porch Café, the spacious rooms with comfortable beds, the beach club, and attentive team members. Our friendly staff strives to offer excellent and unforgettable guest experience. Thank you for your kind words for Lori.

Thank you as well for your booking your next visit, we are looking forward to welcome you back. Please do not hesitate to call me directly if I can be of service to you.

Chicago
Reviewed May 11, 2012

First the good, we loved the hotel. The location was fantastic. The room was nice, if a bit noisy during pool hours. The shower was the best we have ever encountered! The service, as a Platinum member, was quite good. They changed the towels when we went to dinner and left a welcome amenity of three cookies.
However, this was an award stay...we received a bill under our door for the full price of the room. A call to the front desk assured us that this would be rectified and we would only be charged for parking. But we did not have a car and I had told the front desk this when we checked in. I was then told in that case, we would not be charged for parking.
When we checked out, they again tried to charge us for parking and I again told the front desk that we did not have a car and did not park.
After our return home, I checked my credit card online...first I saw two pending charges for the cost of the room plus one for another $100. Luckily those did go away overnight, but we were charged for parking! I called the front desk, was forwarded to their accounting department and could only leave a message. Still waiting for this to be sorted out.
Beware of billing errors when staying at this hotel.

Room Tip: Make sure you do not get a room on the street side...this is a very busy street.
2 Thank travelcrazy58
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for choosing The Z Ocean Hotel and for sharing your experience with us. I truly appreciate your insight and how you precisely described some of our areas for improvement.
I place a great importance on taking care of our guests’ experience, and efforts are currently underway to train our team to improve their response to our guests’ needs. We are also making some changes to address some of the specific issues that you have mentioned. I understand that the billing issues were corrected with our Front Office Manager.

Thank you for your kind words for the team, I shared your kind comments, they are certainly appreciated.

Warmest regards,
Los Angeles
Reviewed May 10, 2012

We stayed at the Z Ocean Hotel from 5/5 to 5/9 and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We booked a king suite using priority club points (15,000 points plus $60 per night) as a platinum elite club member for all 4 nights

We did not use valet at the hotel ($32 per night), but instead used the city parking garage just a block away on 16th and Collins ($16 per 24 hour period).

We had room 302 overlooking the pool and loved it. Our room was spacious – a king bed on one side, and a pull out coach on the other, with floor to ceiling windows and a glass door that leads to a huge over sized balcony with a pool view (and the ocean in the distance beside a neighboring building). We never had noise from the street, and although our room was just outside of the ice machine, we never heard it during the night. There are two TV’s in the room, just note that there is no wall separating the space – but there is plenty of room. The bathroom was also rather spacious. A his and hers sink, with a toilet in the middle (with sliding frosted glass doors on either side of the toilet) and a huge shower that has three options – four jets from the wall, rain water nozzle, or hand held nozzle. Needless to say, I loved taking a shower.

I assume that rooms that face Collins may be a little noisier when on the balcony, but then again, my bed was right up against the windows at the pool and I never heard anything. Outside noise never seemed to come in.

The room has two TV’s, one of them with a bose sound system that you can hook your Ipod up to.

There is also a wet bar with a “cooler” fridge for you to stock with your own food/drink, a fully stocked “cooler” that you can pay for, a sink, plenty of cabinet space, a coffee maker (make sure you read the directions in the drawer!), and a comfortable amount of cabinet space.

As a platinum member redeeming points, we didn’t pay the $21 resort fee (this includes lounge chairs, towels and umbrella at the beach, as well as towels at the pool). We also didn’t pay for internet (about $14 per day).

Dominick at the front desk check us in and was very accommodating. He was professional and happy to answer questions. Other front desk employees were also happy to help at any time, and always greeted us when we passed through the lobby – that always made us feel welcomed!

Housekeeping was fine – we did ask for the pull out bed to be made twice before it was done, but that was the only delay. Otherwise, our room always felt clean and we were pleased with the service. Plenty of towels and amenities.

The pool was lovely and the crowd was social and friendly – we made new friends while we were there. The bartenders were also eager to help at the pool bar – sounds like they all rotate from the restaurant downstairs (The Front Porch) so everyday is a new bartender. They seem to enjoy the variety.

There was also a pool attendant to make sure there was a towel on each chair – she also passed out frozen grapes or ice cream bites throughout the late morning and early afternoon. Same at the beach – this was a very pleasant and unexpected surprise.

All in all, I want to go back right now – this is the best hotel I’ve had in South Beach EVER. I will return, hopefully with points as this seems to be a cheaper option (hint – consider buying points at priorityclub.com if they have a bonus going on, then book with points + cash. This will also save you from paying the resort fee). It’s convenient to most SoBe clubs, dining and the beach. And the pool was heaven. I still want to check out the hot tub suites…maybe next time (I have to aspire to book something different and better, right?!)

See you next time!!

Room Tip: Remember that the beach chairs are included with the resort fee (which you don't pay if you book...
4 Thank shawn m
Dear valued guest:

Thank you very much for your kind words and sharing your experience on your last visit. We are delighted to learn that you found our property to you liking and your kind words for our staff.

Should your travels bring you back you back to South Beach, please contact me directly. I would like to assist to personally and ensure another superb experience with us.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 7, 2012

We've just spent 5 days at the Z Ocean Hotel. The roof top overlooking ocean was very spacious and comfortable, great showers and a magnificent roof top terrace with Jacuzzi and day beds. We also loved the location in fact, within walking distance of the hotel is Lincoln Road so many choices,…The staff went out of their way to make our stay very pleasant, you could not find a more pleasant and welcoming hotel, the staff at the front desk and housekeeping, simply the best! We strongly recommend the hotel to all our friends and to anyone who wishes to spend a few relaxing days in fun South Beach.

2 Thank Peter J
ZOceanSobe, General Manager at Z Ocean Hotel South Beach, responded to this review, May 8, 2012
Dear Valued Guest;

Thank you for your compliments and expanding on your experiences with us o your recent visit. We greatly appreciate your review and are so pleased to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us here at the Z Ocean Hotel. I appreciate your kind comments for the team; we strive to provide exemplary service and enhanced guest experience.

We will look forward to seeing you again soon. I look forward to welcoming you to the hotel; please contact me directly I would like to personally ensure that you have a great experience

Warmest Regards,