“We love this hotel!”

GreenLeadersGold level
LA
“We love this hotel!”
Reviewed April 30, 2012

Everything was just excellent! Location, rooms, huge balcony with private jacuzzi, atmosphere. Upscale hotel.

Room Tip: The rooms with ocean view and private jacuzzy on the balcony are great
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
ZOceanSobe, General Manager at Z Ocean Hotel South Beach, responded to this review, May 8, 2012
Dear Valued Guest;

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Z Ocean Hotel. . I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.

We hope that if your travels bring you back to Miami Beach that you will consider staying at the Z Ocean Hotel again. If I may be of any assistance to you on your next stay please do not hesitate to call me directly.

Kind Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (451)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed April 29, 2012 via mobile

Stayed in the hotel for 5 nights with rewards. Had a small issue on arrival but Cathrine and the manager Dave fixed everything and gave us an upgrade, super position on south beach, really nice hotel. Will diffo be back sometime

Dear Valued Guest;

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Z Ocean Hotel, your review is greatly appreciated. I am pleased to hear that both David and Catherine assisted you to enjoy your stay with us.

Kind Regards,
Reviewed April 29, 2012

In the heart of all the action, close to the shop's, right on the beach, this hotel was the perfect place for us.
We were given a complimentary room upgrade as a surprise for my birthday so we had a room with a hot tub on our balcony which we loved.
Very helpful staff, lovely rooms with a shower that I can only dream of having at home!
I've never slept in a more comfortable bed!
The rooftop pool, was quiet & well taken care of.
We didn't eat in the hotel other than a fruit & granola breakfast which was lovely, because we had Jerrys diner opposite which could cater for anyone's tastes.
My only negatives are the cost of parking & the resort fee for beach towels etc.....but I think this is the same for most hotels in Miami.
We would definitely stay again when we go back to Miami. :-)

• Stayed January 2012
Dear Valued guest:

I am very pleased to hear your kind words for our property. Particularly that you had such a memorable stay with us. Thank you for your accolades for the team. I have shared your comments with my colleagues and they thrilled to hear that you were delighted with their service, we are extremely grateful for your comments.

Should your travels bring you back to South Beach, please contact me directly; I would like to personally assist you. In the meantime, we remain at your service and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards
New York
Reviewed April 27, 2012

I love that Z Ocean only has suites so the rooms are extremely spacious and luxurious with an amazing jacuzzi on our private rooftop!!
All staff were very friendly and professional. Greatly enjoyed my stay there!

Room Tip: The jacuzzy on our private rooftop was fantastic!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ellie S
Houston, Texas
Reviewed April 25, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for three nights on my own in a spa suite which was overlooking Collins rd. I thought it would be noisy but the door must be triple glazed - very quiet. I did use the hot tub a coupLe of times and it was fine. Room was nice and I did get a good rate but would have been terribly disappointed if I had paid more.

Pool area is lovely. Quiet and spotlessly clean.

So, the strange part. Twice, maintainance guys just came right into my room . Didn't ring the bell or knock . That didn't make me feel comfortable at all. And my room was sort of outside the main corridor through a fire door. Quite isolated. I should have asked to be moved but I didn't get the feeling they were very flexible as the hotel as quite full.

The rooftop rooms looked very nice and if I was to stay there again I would definitely pay the extra for that ocean view

3 Thank onemoreflight
Dear Valued Guest;

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience at the Z Ocean Hotel. Your feedback is very important to us.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that our customer service, excellent Jacuzzi have enhanced your experience. We place a lot of importance on customer service, and meeting our guests’ every need. I regret hearing that your service at our restaurant was less than stellar, and efforts are currently underway to train our staff to improve their response to our guests needs. I sent you a private message.

We hope that if your travel plans bring you back to South Beach you will join us again at the Z Ocean Hotel. I would like to personally ensure your next experience is enjoyable. If I can be of any assistance please do not hesitate to call me directly.

Warm Regards,
South Florida
Reviewed April 25, 2012

This hotel is AMAZING. My mom and I spent a night in Miami and chose this hotel because of its central location. We were upgraded to a penthouse suite with a private hot tub on the roof when we checked in. The room was clean and the shower in the bathroom is amazing. Everything you need is at this hotel or in walking distance. The restaurant on the back of the hotel is not open late, so plan on going somewhere on Ocean or Collins if you want to get drinks and party. The staff was polite and helpful. Additionally, you are able to get a chair outside on the beach with towel service included in your hotel fee. Valet is also a reasonable price. I would stay here again in a heartbeat I love this hotel!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank jlb04j
Dear Valued Guest;

Thank you for your compliments on your experiences with us last year. I am pleased to hear that you and your mother had a pleasant stay at the hotel. We greatly appreciate your review and are so happy that you had a wonderful stay with us here at the Z Ocean Hotel.

Warmest Regards
Alabama
Reviewed April 21, 2012 via mobile

The property is very clean. Service was great! Stayed in the Pentouse with semi private roof terrace. Really enjoyed the hot tub on the roof. It was a little breezy during our visit so we did not spend quite as much time up there as we may have. Roof terraces came with speakers and are wired to plug into you personal music device, very cool! Room was nicely appointed and the shower was great with multiple shower heads. Front Porch Cafe is an excellent breakfast choice.

Would have received a perfect score from us if not for the following cons. Pool seating was a little sparse. Sound proofing could have been better as noisy guests in the hotel hallways will plague a light sleeper. Elevator security access was quirky. You had to insert your room key to select your floor and if there are multiple riders on with different floors inserting your key will cancel theri floor. I learned that after inadvertantly causing a guest to miss their floor. I guess it does provide security.

Don't want to be too negative we did really enjoy our stay. Just one other tip. We brought a few of our own bar items to have drinks in our room prior to going out for the evening. Our room and especially the roof top terrace are great for entertaining.

For those not familiar with Miami Beach, be prepared to spend money. Nothing is inexpensive

2 Thank the4funks
Dear Valued Guest;

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Z Ocean Hotel, your review is greatly appreciated. Thank you for your kind words for the team. I am pleased that you enjoyed the amenities we offer, location, great service of our hotel, as well as the private rooftop terrace.