“Boucher Brothers Beach service”

Z Ocean Hotel South Beach
Ranked #10 of 207 Hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersGold level
Wylie, Texas
“Boucher Brothers Beach service”
Reviewed July 18, 2011

They took excellent care of us and went out of there way to accommodate us. Thank you!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
ZOceanSobe, General Manager at Z Ocean Hotel South Beach, responded to this review, July 22, 2011
Dear Valued Guest;

Thank you for taking the time to write those kind compliments of the Z Ocean Hotel in South Beach. We are thrilled that your stay was enjoyable and you had a fantastic time at our Beach Club; Boucher Brothers our partner provides seamless service at the beach.. Our staff strives to exceed your expectations and accommodate your every need.

We hope that if your travel plans bring you back to South Beach that you will consider staying with us again. Do not hesitate to call me directly if I can be of any assistance to you on your next visit.

Kind Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (447)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Amherst, Ohio
Reviewed July 18, 2011

Let me first start off by saying the manager "Carlos" is Awesome! He worked with me on my reservation and he was great! He booked us a room right by the pool and our room was fantastic. We were traveling with 2 teenagers which i thought would be rough in one room. But the way the room is set up it worked out great! They had there side of the room and My husband and I had ours. The lay out of the room is spacious not to mention the patio! Loved the patio. A Patio that can turn into a cabana that you can make private! My Husband sat out on the patio and watched the Nascar race that was playing inside our room... with the surround sound it was like we were at home. This is not just your ordinary room, 2 huge flat screens with bose surround sound, awesome shower with avada products, I could go on and on about this hotel.. it was perfecty located to near by resturants shopping and the public beach... I would stay here again and again. I wanna give another shout out to Carlos because he is the man! thanks again Carlos for the memorable time you gave us it was deeply appreciated!!!! I rate this hotel a 10 with fabulous! :)
Oh and by the way the beds here are like heaven :) Our girls loved getting pictures of the Dash store... they like the kardash reality show, the Victoria Secreat store is 2 stories!

Room Tip: be nice, dont go on a busy holiday, ask for the manager or better yet e-mail him and see what he can...
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest;

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such kind words, your insight is very important to us. I am glad that you found the Z Ocean Hotel to be your home away from home here in South Beach, and that your entire family had a memorable experience. I am pleased that you found the private cabana, Bose surround sound and showers to your liking.

We hope to welcome you at the Z Ocean Hotel again soon. I would like to personally assure that your next stay is another pleasurable one. Please do not hesitate to call me directly if I can be of any assistance to you.

Warmest Regards,
Bermuda
Reviewed July 17, 2011

This is the second time we have stayed in this hotel (the first time being in it's incarnation as De Soleil, but little has changed other than the name). We stayed for six nights.

We checked in at the front desk with Catherine, who is lovely and a great ambassador for the hotel.

We booked one of the suites with a roof top terrace, and were given PH25. The room was perfectly nice, although not as nice as the room we had on our previous visit. We were travelling with our ten month old daughter and there was already a crib set up for us on our arrival, which was nice. The bed was very comfortable, nice linen and plenty of towels, the room and bathroom appeared generally clean and in good repair. There were however some stains on the headboard which looked a bit like blood and continued up the curtain behind the bed, which was also covered in a thick blanket of dust. So really, I would say that on the surface, the hotel looks good, but once you've been there for a while you start noticing little things to which they could pay more attention.

I think it's also important to point out that although some websites say that there is a fridge in the room,it is actually just a cooler so not really any good for things like milk but fine to keep some drinks cool. The nespresso machines in the rooms are a nice touch, and even though it's just a little kitchenette, the equipment in it is nice.

Be aware that there is a 'resort fee' which is payable by each room. This basically covers the beach facilities, which we did not use at all. It's not cheap and would have been a little easier to swallow if it had perhaps included use of the wifi (which is chargeable at $14 for 24 hours). The parking is also an extra $32 per 24 hours. So when you look at the nightly rate you need to budget at least an extra $50 per day on top of what you see.

We were unfortunate that there seemed to be a particularly rowdy crowd in over the weekend that we were there and their behavior by the pool was disgusting and somewhat lewd. We was dissapointed that the hotel did nothing to curtail it, and rather than make a fuss we left the pool area. It also became very apparent after I was cursed at by a man as I was trying to board the elevator, that many of the partiers were not actually registered guests. As a security feature you have to insert your room key into the elevator to access the various floors. When I refused to use my key to give this man access to a floor he subjected me to a torrent of abuse, in front of my daughter, and told his friend down his cell phone that he would have to come down and get him because the f-ing b***h in the lobby wouldn't help him.

I do understand that this incident wasn't the fault of the hotel, however when they have particularly busy weekends, I think it would be a good idea for them to post a security guard at the elevator bank, as many hotels in New York do, to make sure that only registered guests are using the facilities.

Once the weekend was over, and the somewhat undesirable crowd had left, the hotel returned to the pleasant place we were expecting it to be.

On the roof top terraces, there are outdoor speakers, with a facility to plug an ipod in. This is a great idea in theory, until more than one room decides to use them, at competing volume, in which case it's just not pleasant to be out there. Very hard to relax in the hot tub with your neighbors having a bad taste music duel! If I could make one suggestion it would be that the hotel remove these, or limit the volume in some way so that the music is not a nuisance to the other suites.

Overall, this is a good hotel, ideally situated to explore South Beach and the surrounding areas, and we did enjoy our stay, but to take it from a good hotel to a great hotel, there are definitely some steps to take.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest;

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Z Ocean Hotel. We greatly appreciate your insight, it provides us with knowledge of the areas in which we need improvement.
It is regrettable that your experience was not all that you expected it to be. We place a great importance on our guests’ needs, and efforts are currently underway to address the situations you have mentioned. We are also making some changes to address some of the specific changes that you have brought to our attention.

If your travel plans bring you back to Miami Beach I hope that you will consider staying with us here at the Z Ocean Hotel. I would like to personally assure that you have a great experience and great accommodations here. Please to not hesitate to call me directly if I can be of any assistance to you.

Thank you again for your candid review. It has been very helpful, and I wish you all the best.

Reviewed July 15, 2011

The Z ocean is a very nice place to stay! Its about a 2 minute walk to the beach and with in walking distance to tons of places to eat. If you stay at the Z ocean you have to take advantage of happy hour down at the bar, Kevin the bar tender took great care of us! We can't wait to go back!!

• Stayed July 2011
Dear Valued Guest;

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Z Ocean Hotel, your insight is very important to us. I am pleased that you enjoyed the location of our hotel and the happy hour at the bar. I passed your compliments along to Kevin, he was thrilled to have made your experience a more enjoyable one.

We hope that if your travels bring you back to South Beach that you will consider staying with us again. I would like to personally ensure that your next experience is another enjoyable one. Please do not hesitate to call me directly if I can be of any assistance to you.

Best Regards,
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 11, 2011

Hello,
My name is Phoenix Jamerick Higgins. I am a Television Producer and I travel more than I care to think about. I'm a Priority Member with almost every hotel in the country. I've stayed at the worst of places and the best of places. I recently stayed at the Z Ocean Hotel South Beach and wanted to take a moment and comment about a few things.
First off, the rooms were amazing! They were very clean, very neat and I felt comfortable being in there. Second; the entire staff was absolutely wonderful! As I am mechanically and technologically challenged I had to call for help getting the tv, ipod and even the sofa bed to work. Through it all the staff was completely professional and courteous.
Two people that really made an impression on me were Catherine and Cesar. From the day I got there Cesar made sure I had everything I needed and even called the room to follow up and make sure I was satisfied. That went a long way with me. Catherine was equally attentive and even preemptive. She saw that it was raining and got my guest and I umbrellas, she asked if we needed maps of the area, she even said she hoped I enjoyed my stay and whenever I'm in South Beach to make sure I stay with the Z. I didn't say this to her but I'll say it to you. I definitely will stay at the Z. As long as you all keep hiring staff like that, I'll keep coming back. Thank you for taking time to read about my experience. Please thank those two people for being wonderful at their jobs.

Best wishes,
Mr. Higgins

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest;

I thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of the Z Ocean Hotel, your insight is extremely valuable to us. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay, and that you found our staff to be exceedingly pleasant and helpful. I have shared your gracious compliments with Cesar and Catherine and they are thrilled to have made your experience here a pleasurable one.

We anticipate welcoming you back to the Z Ocean Hotel in South Beach. I would like to personally assure you another great experience. If I may assist you in any way do not hesitate to call me directly.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed July 11, 2011

This is truly South Beach's best kept secret. I just spent 6 days at the Z Ocean hotel and the experience is nothing short of first class. The staff ( Catherine, Ebone, the management, the bellman, Caesar) went over and beyond the call of duty. I have stayed at several of the hotels at South Beach ( Lowes, the Ritz, etc) and this is my favorite spot.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Mvroyalxtreme
Dear Valued Guest;

Thank you so much for your kind words about our hotel and staff. We greatly appreciate your insight. I have shared your compliments with our staff and they are thrilled to have made your stay at the Z Ocean Hotel a pleasurable experience. It is our goal to provide our guests with exceptional service and we strive to exceed your expectations.

We hope that if your travel plans bring you back to South Beach you will consider staying with us at the Z Ocean Hotel again. I would like to personally assure your next stay is a great experience. Please do not hesitate to call me directly if I can be of any assistance to you.

Warm Regards,
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed July 10, 2011

Have travelled the world and hard to find better staff. Great rooms in a modern, fashionable placed Hotel. Well positioned for nightlife, restaurants and accross the road form the beach. More of an adult friendly hotel which suited us.
Once again the best part was the staff particularly the front desk with the lovely Christine a pleasure.
Highly recommend.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest;

Thank you so much for your kind words about the Z Ocean Hotel. We greatly appreciate your insight. I have shared your compliments with Christine as well as the rest of our staff, and they are thrilled to have made your vacation a pleasurable experience. I am also glad that you enjoyed the location and our taste of décor.

We hope to welcome you back to the Z Ocean Hotel again soon. I would like to personally ensure that your next stay is another pleasurable experience. Please do not hesitate to call me directly if I may be of assistance to you.

Best Regards;