“All Right...”

Suites at Congress Ocean Drive
Ranked #155 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed October 19, 2013

This hotel is super confusing...first of all there is a sign on a store that says Congress Hotel so you really aren't sure where to go to check in. We arrived to the valet area only to find no one there to park our car. Once he shows up he unloads are bags and then disappears. Have no idea where he goes however Brian, the guy that takes your luggage was AMAZING! Sweetest employee EVER! He tells us to park in the self parking garage around the corner which is exactly what we did and it was super cheap. We arrive at the check in area only to be greeted by a grumpy guy by the name of Kevin. Seems like he was having a bad day. Gives us our room key and we follow Brian to the room. We have to walk by a restaurant that harasses you for 2 for 1 specials on our way to our room. Then you have to insert your room key to get in to the elevator section. The room keys are not convenient at all, they are like usb flash drives, easy to loose. Anyway, the room was nice very roomy and the bath tub was a little odd. No where to really put you razor, wash cloths, shampoo, soap etc while bathing so the floor gets all wet. The hallways are run down. The rooftop pool was ok but the pool is like covered in like a weird plastic...pool is somewhat weird. Only 4 feet and not very deep. The noise at night was extremely loud and we were towards the back of the hotel. Luckily the AC was so loud that it covered up the noise from outside but once it shut off I was woken up by all the drunk people outside. This hotel is right next to the Clevelander which is a part place. The other thing I didn't like is that every time we would go somewhere the people at the restaurant would harass you! I'm sorry, but if you have to beg for people to come to your restaurant then it must really suck. We did eat at Davids Café every morning which is my favorite spot since years ago. If anything...I would have preferred to stay on Collins somewhere directly on the beach like the Sagamore, National, or Surfcomber. These remodeled boutiques are nice inside but the outside is falling apart.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GiselleR838
Write a ReviewReviews (1,383)

Reviewed October 17, 2013

I arrived at the hotel early and fully expected to wait a few hours to check in but Stephanie was so nice and checked me in early with a glass of sangria. the first room I was given was fine and I was happy with my room- I stayed in the "Deco" building in the one bedroom suite and it looked pretty much like the pics. This hotel does not offer beach chairs with the room(this should be included in the resort fee). It wasn't until I returned from the beach that I realized the room had no phone and the small tvs were not working properly. I called the front desk and waited for the maintenance guy to come for 45 minutes but he was nice recommended I move to another room. 1 hr or so later and another sangria, I was given the room across the hall with the same layout and everything in working order. The couch was a little worn, the mini bar was fully stocked, but not overly priced, the bed was comfy and I was happy. The pool was nice but on the small side- its only one pool to accommodate 3 buildings so get there early to get a good spot. Overall, my stay was nice and my room quiet. The staff was nice, and I felt safe. I would stay again.

Room Tip: If you want quiet at night don't choose the ocean view, they face the street and the restaurant...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I stayed at the congress hotel 10/10-14/2013. I had a great memorable experience, lots lots of thanks to the staff Bryan, Fransisco & front desk manager Elanor. Words cant explain how amazing the staff was if i needed help with anything they were their to accommodate me in any way possible. Not only is Congress hotel a great location but OHHH MY the POOL party was great from the bartenders to the DJS. Check in and Check out was speedy and fast, room was spacious and cute maids came in everyday to clean. Def worth the price to stay there, you are right across the street from the beautiful beach and walking distance to everything on ocean drive, cant get better than that. :)
Myself and my friends will like to thank you for everything.
PS thank u for the band-aids "high heels ruined my toe" lol

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Eleonor C, Front Office Manager at Suites at Congress Ocean Drive, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2013

The entire staff at The Congress Hotel South Beach thank you for your great review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you were happy with the hotel. We take great pride in providing excellent customer service and after reading your review it seems that we are doing just that.

We cant wait to have you back at The Congress Hotel South Beach!

Eleonor

Reviewed October 12, 2013

The good points about this hotel are the location - pool - and bath tub. There was no information book in the room and reception staff did not give any information either. The glass doors were filthy as was the carpet stained with gum or nail polish ? The leather sofa was wrecked. The pool happy hour was great and Brandon the bar tender was fantastic.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed October 11, 2013

We booked our stay at the Congress for September on Orbitz and selected a city view junior suite. When we checked in, the staff was so nice, they actually upgraded us to an ocean view room, right on Lummus Park, without any extra charge! The view was amazing, we had a huge patio, and had everything we needed in the room (which was clean and spacious with full kitchenette, with very comfortable king size bed). The Congress is central to the beach, restaurants, and shopping so we were able to walk a short distance to everywhere we wanted to go. My boyfriend and I also took full advantage of the free happy hour from 5-6 every night at the rooftop pool and the bartenders took great care of us. Bartender Brandon was especially awesome and gave us tips on the best places to go shop, drink, and watch the Buckeyes play! We had a great time at the pool and it provides an amazing view of South Beach. We stayed for 7 nights and had such a great time that we asked if we could stay an extra night the day before checkout. Even though they weren't able to keep us in our same room the last night, Manager Eleonor Ceballos helped us out by getting us another really great room with a discounted price and a couple glasses of sangria! She took good care of us. We will definitely come back again. Brian at the check-in/concierge stand was a great help too, keeping our bags for us in between check out and our flight home and getting us a cab to the airport. Overall, great location, great service, and great staff ! (Also, there is no fitness center, and I accidentally marked that category, so please disregard).

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Couldn't have stayed at a more perfect place in miami! The hotel was walking distance from all the local bars, restaurants, grocery stores and more. The staff was super friendly and the door man, Louis, was extremely helpful through the duration of our stay. The hotel pool and bar were beautiful, the room was very spacious, and the bathrooms were gorgeous. Would absolutely recommend to any one planning on visiting South Beach!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I purchased a Groupon for this hotel and was so glad that I did! This was my 4th trip to Miami and this was the best hotel I've stayed in!!! I will definitely be staying here for all of my future trips.
We arrived early in the morning and our room wasn't ready, but that didn't really effect us since we're right in the heart of Ocean Dr, not to mention 500 ft from the Beach!! Very convenient for beach access, restaurants, shops, etc.
We were told to come back at 4pm, and our room STILL wasn't ready. A little disappointing since we felt that our room WAS ready, but the front desk lady (Stephanie) was just being anal and difficult. I expressed my concerns however and she waived the first day's resort fees.
Pros: Location Location Location!, Towels for the beach, Huge rooms with great amenities, such as a fridge, freezer, toaster, microwave, jetted tub and a nice balcony, rooftop pool happy hour, great views!
Overall, I'm sooooo pleased with this hotel and will definitely be staying here again!
Cons: Elevator kinda slow, front desk concierge can work on their customer service.

Room Tip: Should definitely request a room with a balcony. I believe these are only available for the Jr. Sui...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple