“Weekend Getaway”

Suites at Congress Ocean Drive
Ranked #155 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I loved this hotel, I had a junior suite with a balcony and it was awesome.Fantastic location and the room was beautiful. I really enjoyed the waterfall shower. It was spacious, super clean, and the staff was great. I met 7 friends and they all were in other hotels on Ocean Dr. but spent a lot of time in my room because it was so big. I would stay here again without a doubt, and I highly recommend it!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (1,387)

Reviewed May 16, 2013

Based on the location, we didn't need a car and were in walking distance to the beach (right across the street) and to most of the restaurants/bars we wanted to try. Our room was a 1 bedroom suite and the size was fine for two people; four would be too many in my opinion. The couch/pull out futon sits low to the ground so if you're tall you have a long way to go to be seated. The kitchenette really comes in handy for snacks, leftovers, drinks, etc.. The bathroom is interesting as the shower is the focal point and is dead smack in the middle with a really deep tub. It looks kind of cool but you quickly realize it's not really that practical. I'm 5'5" and pretty agile and still found that I had to be really careful climbing in and out of the shower so for anybody shorter or not too mobile be prepared.. Our room was in Building D on the 3rd floor and noise wasn't a problem for us at all. I like that you needed your room key to gain entry into our building at all times. The rooftop pool was great with an amazing view. It got pretty crowded but not to the point that we couldn't find a place to sit. There were DJ's and parties on the weekend starting pretty early in the day which was fine with us. However; if you have small children, be mindful that you might here some language not appropriate for them.

The hotel is truly fortunate to have the wonderful staff they have as it's a great reflection on them !! Stephanie at the front desk was very pleasant and helpful as was Louis who was great at giving tips on places to go. OMG Brian was the best - from making a special trip to bring me a cup of water at the pool so I didn't have to move to a cup of coffee while waiting for the airport shuttle, he went above and beyond to make sure we had whatever we needed to ensure we were having a good time.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Eleonor C, Front Office Manager at Suites at Congress Ocean Drive, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2013

The entire staff at The Congress Hotel South Beach thank you for your great review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you were happy with the hotel. We take great pride in providing excellent customer service and after reading your review it seems that we are doing just that.

We cant wait to have you back at The Congress Hotel South Beach, your home away from home...

Eleonor

Reviewed May 16, 2013

My boyfriend and I drove from Texas to Miami and when we arrived we were greeted with a glass of champagne and a quick and easy check in. Rafael (I think that was his name) took our bags right away and showed us to our room and made sure we have everything we needed. Our stay was great, everyone at the front desk was so helpful and friendly. I noticed other reviews saying that the staff was not friendly and/or helpful but I disagree. We had a great time and will definitely be staying there again if we ever come back to South Beach :)

The only negative thing was that I brought a pillow from home that looked exactly like the pillows they use at the hotel and I think housekeeping took it by mistake but the front desk assured me they would look for and let me know if they found it.

Other than that, our stay was perfect. Brandon also let us know of some great places to eat!

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank FelicityJ24

The entire staff at The Congress Hotel South Beach wants to thank you for your great review. It pleases us know that we were able to make your stay while at The Congress Hotel South Beach a memorable one. We look forward to welcoming you home again soon.

Eleonor

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Good!!
1) Great location really central
2) Lovely roof top pool with great views over the beach, nice sun beds and bar. Quiet during the week.
3) Really comfortable beds - 1 bed suite adequate for everyday needs
4) Pleasant staff particulary Raphael, Louis, Brian, Kevin and Paula (a credit to the hotel...helpful, pleasant and willing)
5) Breakfast included was great served in the 'Kitchen Restaurant' - great staff
6) Beds available on the beach, towels available on beach and for pool
7) Wifi available to use
8) Quieter rooms available e.g. in Tropical Building....just make sure you ask!!

Not So Good!!
1) Hotel noisy in particular Retro building (one of the 4 hotel buildings), room and balcony overlooked the hotel air conditioning units so couldnt open the windows or use the balcony due to noise levels.

2) Music played in roof top pool area from around lunchtime till about 8pm over the weekends (including Friday), so loud you could hear it sat on the beach. Had to move rooms due to level of noise in room (Retro building), sounded like sound system was in the room with us. Also couldnt sit by pool during this time......

3) Some reception staff very reluctant to help when I raised the issue regarding the noise, initially informed there would be a $30 a night charge for a different room in quieter part of the hotel. When I raised again with another member of staff was moved immediately with no additional cost, which I understand is the normal policy.......

4) Extremely busy in the bars along the front of the Congress Hotel and other hotels along this block which is noisy at night,

4) Resort Tax of $12.50 per person per night for use of wifi, beach beds etc

5) Housekeeping cleaned late into the day and also forgot numerous things e.g. clean towels, face cloths etc. Not enough mugs or glasses and no hangers in the wardrobe....

6) Rooms nice but some things didnt work e.g. safe, no cord to pull blind (in both rooms we had) so had to roll up and hold with ironing board. Reported but not fixed during our stay!!!!

Overall a nice stay once we moved to the quieter room, thank you to Eleanor the Front Office Manager who acted promptly when I raised the issues I had.

Room Tip: Ask for a quieter room if you dont want to feel like you are in the middle of a night club especiall...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 12, 2013

We stayed here for three nights at the beginning of a longer trip to Miami and the Florida Keys.

The location was great, right in the middle of Ocean Drive, and all facilities very good. The staff were extremely accomodating when we dealt with them.

However as comparison to the other hotels we stayed in on our trip, it was a bit inconvenient to have to leave our building to go and use the pool in a different building, the location means it is quite noisy and also bright from the lights on adjacent buildings, which mean it was a bit difficult to sleep.

Overally the stay was perfectly pleasant, but nothing outstanding.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 9, 2013

We stayed from May 3rd to May 5th. First the good things: The location of the hotel is perfect. Across the street from the beach (the hotel supplies beach towels) and close to restaurants, bars, etc...The staff we encountered was very nice. I want to especially thank Paula and Louis. Paula helped us to find fairly last minute reservations for our group of 7 when reservations at another restaurant unexpectantly changed. She also helped us with other things along the way and was very nice and professional about everything. Louis helped us with our bags the day we were leaving and even printed our boarding passes when the lobby computer wasn't working. The rooftop pool is small but the view is great! And now on to the not so good things: We booked an oceanfront suite but we expected a king bed and a pull out sofa. There was a king bed but instead of a pull out sofa there was a futon. We were supposed to be 4 girls in a room but one of the girls couldn't make it at the last minute. In a way this was a good thing because it would not have been a comfortable situation. The futon is too small for 2 to share and not very comfortable. There should also be asuite option with 2 queen beds and the futons should be replaced with actual pull out sofas. Overall the good outweighs the bad.

Room Tip: The oceanfront suite is larger than most of the other rooms but bring earplugs as the music in the r...
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Myself and a friend stopped off in Miami for 4 days and stayed at The Congress Hotel. Excellent location being so close to the beach and the main nightlife. Big rooms with comfy beds and lots of space! The rooftop pool has beautiful views and is great for relaxing. We found the staff very friendly and helpful especially Kelvin and the porter staff. We were sad to leave!