“Perfect hotel! Great rooms with a phenomenal staff.”

Suites at Congress Ocean Drive
Ranked #149 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

Really exceptional service by South Beach's standards. Ask for Rafael at the front he will make sure you are well taken care of. Beach towels, chairs and anything else you need to have a relaxing vacation are provided.The front desk was also very accommodating. The rooms are awesome and definitely a great value. I'll continue to stay here whenever I am in Miami.

• Stayed: December 2012
Eleonor C, Front Office Manager at Suites at Congress Ocean Drive, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2013

On behalf of the entire team at The Congress Hotel South Beach, we thank you for sharing the details of your recent visit to our hotel on TripAdvisor. At The Congress Hotel South Beach, we pride ourselves on our personalized service, and we are so glad that you were able to experience this first hand.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

First of all, the Jr suite is HUGE! Considering it is a property on Ocean Drive it is an amazing feature. There is no luxury there, but everything is new, the bedroom is packed with appliances and along with the longe it is a perfect meeting place for drinks w friends. The rooftop pool is also a great feature of this hotel. It offers great views and is perfect for sunsets. If I return to ocean drive I would easily book the Congress again as it delivered everything it promised.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ernesto A
Eleonor C, Front Office Manager at Suites at Congress Ocean Drive, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2013

Dear Ernesto,

Thank you for your wonderful review! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at The Congress Hotel and cant wait until you visit us again... Feel free to contact me at eceballos@congresshotelsouthbeach.com next time you are planning to visit Miami so that I can give you the best accommodations possible.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

We stayed Congress Hotel for 2 nights with a good price as per area hotels. Overall it was a good stay for us but with a bad service.

Checkin/Front Desk (Terrible): Checkin process was long; not that quick when I compare with my previous experiences. You're signing up a sheet with a lot of initials (kind of car rental), read carefully because front desk doesn't explain/ mention about written items, and it contains valet parking as well. They didn't explain any benefit (even hotel pool location). There is no (easy-pick) area map in front desk, I requested one and they searched about 5 minutes to find it.

Parking (Bad): They have $30/day valet parking. I asked near by park garages and front desk didn't reply instead offer me valet parking. I found four garages with a better price and pretty close to hotel, just google it before heading to the hotel.

Room (Very Good): I was expecting a small room, but our room was a large one with a kitchenette. It was facing to back, not ocean street, so we had no problem with noise level. Everything was clean including bathroom, towels and our bed. Sleep quality was good, but our mattress had no protector, it only had a thin sheet on top (so in the future they can come across bed-bug problems here).

Location (Great): Great location, just in front of beautiful South Beach. We didn't like many restaurants in the area. If you are a party person, it can be heaven for you. Also if you like deco art, you will live in it; it didn't make sense for us.

Pool (Poor): They charged a resort fee per person (like many hotels in the area). But we couldn't get service for it. There was no clean towel in the pool. It is hard to understand what they're charging resort fee for, I think it is kind of a tradition. Another customer requested a towel, and pool-bar personnel gave him used one in front of my eyes. Pool view is pretty good, you have south beach vista. Pool size is small (it is a roof-pool). They have a small pool bar and the personnel working there really needs a training.

Checkout (OK): Checkout process was quicker and easier than checkin. We didn't see any problem.

Room Tip: We stayed in R506, it was good and relatively quieter than others (I believe) because it is at the b...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank tosbaga

Thank you for your review and I'm sorry to hear that our staff was not all that you expected. I hope next time you are in town you give The Congress Hotel another shot so that we can give you exceptional service you deserve.

Regards,

Reviewed December 19, 2012

This was our first visit to Miami, Florida. My family and I had an enjoyable stay. we found the hotel to be in a perfect location, with great views and Rafael was excellent: friendly, helpful, and always gave wonderful recommendations on activities, restaurants, places, directions, ... Thank you :)

• Stayed: December 2012
Eleonor C, Manager at Suites at Congress Ocean Drive, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2013

Rubstello, Thank you for your GREAT comments and we look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the Congress Hotel for many more nights to come as our honored guests. I will let Rafael know that your were happy with his customer service skills.

Thanks!

Reviewed December 19, 2012

My husband and I have stayed at higher end resorts in the past but I must admit that our stay here was truly enjoyable. Yes the music can be loud at night buy hey you're in South Beach so what do you expect?! Also, that is out of the hotel's control if the resto plays loud music at night. The girl at reception named Stephanie was so nice with us. Originally when we tried to check in she could not find our reservation which we had made through Expedia. She kindly offerred for us to use the hotel's phone to call Expedia and regulate the situation. Luckily it was Expedia's error who had put the reservation in my husband's name instead of mine! So in order to make us feel better about our initial scare with Expedia having not booked us properly or at all, Stephanie went out of her way to upgrade us to an ocean view fabulous room! We truly appreciated that kind gesture of her's along with a free bottle of champagne for our anniversary! The room was clean and really quite nice. Even upon checkout the girl Joanne was really nice and got us a taxi cab from a company she trusted despite the early hour of 4am. Overall the service was excellent thanks to these 2 gals! Even the hotel's beach-chair and towel service was fantastic! We will definitely go back to this hotel without hesitation! Joseph+Diana

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Diana G

All of us at The Congress Hotel are happy that you enjoyed your stay so thoroughly! I will share your compliments with all of our staff. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed December 19, 2012 via mobile

I decided to take a mini getaway and found this hotel for $100 a night on Hotels.com. It was a great deal so I stayed for three nights. Since I worked at a hotel I know what to look for. Everything I needed was in the room. The junior suite was beautiful. I got a room all the way in the corner but I didn't mind. Next time I'll opt for the ocean view. The rooms are spacious, clean, the bath tub is sooo heavenly and the bed is like bliss. Housekeeping came every day to clean my room and the front desk service was great. The bellman Brian was so gracious and helpful. I think if you're looking to stay somewhere nice and in the middle of the action this is the hotel for you. It's gets a bit loud but hey it's SoBe! Resort fees aren't much but make sure you have a card on hold for your incidental fees. Other than that you'll have a grand time. Don't pay attention to the negative reviews, they seem to blow things way outta proportion. Trust me I know. I had to work at these type of hotels before lol oh and the rooftop pool has the best scenery especially if you wanna take pics!

Reviewed December 16, 2012

Stayed here for 1 night back at the beginning of december. First impression was good, great bellboy who is extremely helpful. Got to reception and this is what let's the hotel down. Receptionist really couldn't care, actually quite rude. Got there at midday and told couldn't check in to room until 4pm. The resort tax is a complete joke! Apparently this covers a glass of bubbly (we were never offered this!), use of loungers on the beach (great when u can't check in til 4 and then have to check out by 11) and apparently use of wifi. The wifi didn't work once in our room and when advising the hotel they advised would get maintenance on it. I enquired again about this when checking out and was told "no problem". Also, when checking out, I went to pay the cash for the valet parking and rip off resort tax to be told they had already taken it off of my card. I found this extremely annoying since I had the cash ready and hadn't authorised them to use my card for this. Rooms were spacious, however, bed linen filthy and had to ring down for extra sheets as there was blood on the ones we were given. No furniture on the balcony, water came through brown, bathroom doors didn't shut and tears in the carpets. All in all, I wouldn't recommend this hotel, pay the extra 20 dollars and go to a more upmarket hotel. As I work in the travel industry in the uk, I certainly won't be promoting this hotel to future clients.

• Stayed: December 2012
Nancy R, General Manager at Suites at Congress Ocean Drive, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2012

Thank you sincerely for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent stay at the Congress Hotel. It is disappointing for us to hear that your overall experience was not to your satisfaction. Our entire team strives to provide a most memorable time for all of our guests, and we truly apologize as this was not achieved for you. If you can kindly reach out to us, we would appreciate an opportunity to offer a solution and earn back your loyalty in the future.