“excellent view from the penthouse to the beach”

Suites at Congress Ocean Drive
Ranked #148 of 210 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed November 7, 2012

well.. my opinion is close to the beach, good service, good location.
has a restaurant on the first floor and roof outdoor.
you find many attractions, the beach is across the street, excellent customer service,

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Nancy R, General Manager at Suites at Congress Ocean Drive, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Perfect! Thank you so much for your short and sweet review! We are all smiles that you had a wonderful stay. Thanks again, and we hope to welcome you back again soon!

There are newer reviews for Suites at Congress Ocean Drive

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I was really looking forward to my stay in South Beach and booked the Congress for location, size of room available and affordability.

The hotel is listed as five star luxury - well, its really tatty, and could do with a facelift. There was mould all over the bathroom, hadnt been cleaned properly and the lift insurance is out of date. |The walls are paper thin, sdd to that the doors dont fit properly and so really noisy.

Unless you want to party all night - dont bother staying there! the noise from the bars goes on until at least 2 am and then at 7 am they start clearing up and boy is it noisy!

The hotel doesnt offer any decent room service - greasy burgers and pizzas only, cash or card only - and if you use the pool bar its cash only, you cant charge anything to the room. The 'restaurant' is downstairs and seems to be worked on a partnership basis. The hotel doesnt offer breakfast - we pushed for it as it was listed on my booking they reluctantly gave me vouchers to the value of $5.75 per day but I couldnt use it as they didnt open til late and I had to get away to the office.......... The bedlinen and towels are really thin and need replacing - all in all it was very disappointing.

However the staff were very friendly.

Room Tip: If you want to use the pool, make sure you stay in that building - otherwise you have to walk up the...
1  Thank charlotte h
Nancy R, General Manager at Suites at Congress Ocean Drive, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Our most sincere apologies for the discrepancies you have experienced during your stay with us. We take great pride in our hotel and the service we provide our guests and hope you will give us a chance to make it up to you on a future stay. We will be working on improving our rooms and functionality all through next year. We do address all guest noise complaints directly with Miami Beach Code Compliance, who in turn issue written warnings to the establishment in question and have the authority to close it down temporarily if they do not comply. Unfortunately, since we do not own or operate the restaurants, we do not have direct control over how loud the music is played, but we do our best to keep our guests comfortable and happy.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

Came down to south beach a few weeks ago just for the weekend. My friends & I had seen a lot of good reviews about the congress hotel so we decided to go by that. And boy are we glad we did. We had an amazing that! The view from our room was perfect, the weather was awesome, & the best part everything is walking distance. The front desk staff were really nice & not one time did i see any of the girls snappy or rude. always smiling. We received a complimentary drink at check in which started our night off. Although we didn't really enjoy the pool, it is located on the rooftop and has a great view as well. I definitely recommend this hotel to all my friends & family.

• Stayed: October 2012
Nancy R, General Manager at Suites at Congress Ocean Drive, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Thank you so much for your review. I'm happy to hear that you had a great stay with us! We've been working hard to make sure guests have a fantastic stay and it sounds like we are succeeding!

Reviewed November 1, 2012

I was so impressed with the facilities and staff of the Congerss Hotel. The ocean front room had an amazing view of Ocean drive and the pool deck on the roof gave a perfect view of the ocean. The staff was friendly and attended to my every need. I will absolutely be staying with them again in the future.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Lclavan

Thank you for recently being our guest and taking the time to review us!

I'm very happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our staff was happy to help you with all of your needs and make certain that you had a special experience.

We look forward to welcoming you home soon.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

I stayed at this hotel when I went to South Beach for a "Girl's trip" in September 2012. It is very Clean, Has a great location, and the customer service was terrific! The rooms were modern & spacious and very comfortable.

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank SimplyJ0Y
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Stayed for two nights. Sandra at the front desk was very friendly and nice. We got a Junior Suite which was very large and had a balcony with a side ocean view. Much more than I expected for the price I paid ($160 per night) There is a resort fee but it includes 2 beach chairs and towels. The rooftop pool is amazing. Sandra also allowed us to do a late check out with no additional fees. We will be back.

The only negatives I have are the construction on the beach nearby and the tub had no hot water.

Room Tip: I would avoid rooms close to the Clevelander they have very loud music all day and most of the night...
1  Thank Andrew T
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Location, location, location! The Congress is located in the middle of hip and happening Ocean Drive! The room was clean, modern, and had great views of the beach. You are surrounded by bars, restaurants, and all that South Beach has to offer. The rooftop pool is great although there is not a lot of seating. The hotel also provides beach chairs and towels free of charge. I would stay there again for partying and people watching. I would stay farther North or South if I was looking for more R&R. There is music playing all night and then it starts back up at 9:00 am. It just adds to the South Beach vibe but makes it really hard to sleep. The bed was super comfortable though. If you want peace and quiet then Ocean Drive may not be th place for you. If you want a fun and energetic South Beach experience then The Congress is perfect for you! I would definitely recommend this hotel and hope to stay there again in the future.

2  Thank BeachorBust613
Nancy R, General Manager at Suites at Congress Ocean Drive, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

Thank you so much for your great rating of our hotel! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate the feedback and are looking forward to your next stay.