“Great value, location and staff” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Congress Hotel South Beach
Ranked #124 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
Alexandria, Virginia
“Great value, location and staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

I go to south beach 3-4 times a year from Alexandria, VA to get away from the daily work routine - decided to try the Congress Hotel on a recommendation from a friend. I’m glad I did! Stayed at the main building but I believe all the rooms in their other buildings are furnished the same but with different views. The room was large and clean. Having a full kitchen was a plus as I could bring in leftover food and reheat it late at night. Did not use mini bar but prices seemed reasonable. Was not disappointed they were no longer offering free breakfast as I always go to David’s Café right around the corner from the hotel when in south beach. The roof top pool is small but with an incredible view, try to make it up there for sunsets. Staff is very friendly and efficient – Eleonor took care of all my requests with a smile on her face and made a point of asking me if everything was ok or if I needed anything every time she saw me. Going back sometime in December, will definitely stay with them again.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Nancy R, General Manager at Congress Hotel South Beach, responded to this review, October 20, 2012
Thank you for your review! I am so pleased to learn that during your visit the entire staff was nothing but helpful, friendly, and accommodating, which is of the utmost importance to us here on property. Thank you for the 5 star ratings in value, location, cleanliness, rooms & service! We hope to see you in December!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
  • Arabic first
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

My experience at the Congress hotel was a memorable one. From when I arrived, the Staff was more than helpful, courteous and professional until the time I checked out. I was especially impressed with the attention to detail the management team and staff extended to me as a guest and to my friends as visitors. It was my first visit to Miami and from now and on I will attempt to book to through congress first before I go elsewhere because it was such a relaxing and comfortable trip. Thanks to Julio, Elanor, Brandon and Elanor for attending to my every need you guys are wonderful people and look forward to seeing you again in the near future. I will recommend the Congress to all my Family and Friends when travels to miami south beach may be in the plan.
Respectfully,
AJ Abreu

Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

My first ever review on on website, but I had to share!! I've worked in the hotel industry for over 6yrs and I am VERY selective when it comes to booking hotels. I've even worked for hotels in Miami and know how hit or miss they can be... Me and my boyfriend stayed this past weekend and were pleased from check-in to check out! We were welcomed by complimentary champagne at check-in and given an upgrade! The rooms on south beach are typically small, but this hotel was spacious and nicely appointed. Large tub with a rainfall shower, and a kitchen to cook whatever you please, rooftop pool with amazing views, prime SOBE location, the list goes on and on! Whenever we put in a request w/ the front desk, they did not hesitate and were quick to respond. You would not expect this small property to be so BIG on service and amenities. The only drawback is that the hotel website mentions continental breakfast which is included in the $12.50 resort fee, but they no longer offer this at the property. This should be removed from all collateral. Stephanie checked us in and was very effecient. Eleonor checked me out and was a plesant help in reviewing my folio and storing our luggage! As a former Miami resident, I visit south beach at least 3x's a year, the congress is now my SOBE hotel of CHOICE! Thanks guys!

Room Tip: If you're booking here, a junior suite is best unless you can get an ocean view in the congress...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ms_lLove2Travel
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

The online picture of the rooftop view and the location of the hotel sold me on the hotel. I wasn't too keen on having to access my room by the side entrance, but I was pleasantly surprised when I walked into the room. I simply loved the soaking tub and the rainfall showerhead.

There was a small kitchenette outfitted with a mini stainless steel refrigerator and freezer. The pillows and bedding was so comfortable. The balcony was small, and overlooked directly at another building. But it served its purpose.

The bellboy - Daniel was so helpful and polite during our entire stay. Eleonor was very thorough during out check-in. Often times check-in isn't until 3pm, but I was amazed that our room was ready upon our arrival.

I will definitely stay here again and recommend it to anyone staying on South Beach.

Room Tip: Double rooms are not shown online during booking. But request a double room in the comments field a...
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

Sandra was very polite, responsive, helpful, and reliable. She was good at answering all the questions we had, she was never rude very nice young lady. Sandra made our stay at the Congress Hotel feel right at home.

• Stayed September 2012
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

I spent my birthday here this past weekend and it was amazing! The staff was very friendly (the front desk was sure to wish me a happy bday) and whenever we called for items, they were quickly delivered. I was given a room directly over ocean drive and it was perfect! It was very spacious, with a kitchenette, bedroom, living room and balcony. Everything you could ever need is within walking distance of the hotel and I didn't move my car the entire weekend. We got breakfast vouchers for Kitchen - the food was delicious and the service was quick. My only complaint is that I didn't have a chance to go to the rooftop pool .. so i'll save that review for next time. Overall, great hotel and i definitely intend to go back in the future.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012

Stayed there for a long weekend girl's trip and had an amazing time. Loved the Congress Hotel, great location right across the street from the beach, restaurants/bars, clubs, shopping all within steps of the hotel. The staff was amazing whenever we asked for towels, lotions, soaps, etc. Our room had a little kitchenette in it which was perfect so we were able to reheat any leftovers and keep cold any drink leftovers from all of the 2 for 1 specials everywhere lol We were there during Isaac and had to cancel the second part of our trip to Key west and had to extend our stay in MIami, Eleonor at the front desk was amazing and so accommodating, helping us switch rooms for the rest of our stay, securing the same price we had for the first few days and helping arrange transportation to the Fort Lauderdale airport. Great place, great time I would definitely recommend it for a young group looking for a wild fun time in Miami!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends