Suites at Congress Ocean Drive
  • Bar/Lounge
Essex House(Miami Beach)
Hotel Edison(Miami Beach)
View Hotel
Dream South Beach(Miami Beach)
Hotel Victor(Miami Beach)
  • Pool
The Kent Hotel(Miami Beach)
Viscay Hotel(Miami Beach)
1,418 results
All reviewsrooftop poolocean drivesouth beachmain buildingfull kitchenone bedroom suitebell hophappy hourocean frontliving areafree drinksbalconykitchenettemiamidishwasheractionsobe
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 23, 2011

Stayed with friends at the Congress from 9/15-9/18/11. My room was clean and comfortable, but I agree with other reviewers that the white chairs were stained and should probably be taken out. That aside, the hotel stay was great. They found my credit card and driver's license and returned both to me. Cannot praise the staff enough. The staff held my parties luggage when we arrived early for check-in, they called me when my room was ready, and check out was a breeze. I loved the amenities in the room, especially the rain shower, deep oval sink tub and the fridge, freezer, dishwasher, microwave, etc. Breakfast coupons and free beach chair and umbrella rentals was a bonus.

Loved my stay, would definitely stay again. I stayed in the retro building, which is not in the same building as the hotels rooftop pool. Still, it was very convienent to travel to the pool that while not gigantic was definitely great and had a gorgeous view. Request to stay in the main building which houses the rooftop pool and requst a room with a view of the ocean. FYI-this hotel is next door to the Clevender Hotel which has an outdoor lounge area. Despite this, the noise was not overhwhelming, and in fact I think my party made more noise listening to music in the Ipod dock provided by the hotel.

Thanks, Congress Hotel staff!!!!

Room Tip: Choose a room in the main building which houses the rooftop pool.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
congressmanagement, General Manager at Suites at Congress Ocean Drive, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2011

Thank you for your recent review on TripAdvisor. We truly appreciate you taking the time to detail your experience, and we are so pleased that you had a wonderful visit at The Congress Hotel South Beach.
Please let us know when you will be returning to New York. We look forward to welcoming you back as our guest in the near future!

Reviewed September 23, 2011

All i have to say is i have been coming to Miami fro last 11years and this is in my top 3. I want to start by saying i read all the bad reviews people left and was wondering what to expect. First if you have never traveled to Miami (South Beach) this is not a resort area nor is it vegas with new buildings these are hotels that have been there for years and been battered year in and year out by weather. In the South Beach you need to realize its a party location. So if you are looking for quiet go to Sunny Island(North Miami Beach) people complained about the noice. Hello it's a busy crusing street with clubs duh. Ok so the Congress: 1 people complained of staff? Uh not sure if those people were just rude or what but everyone at that hotel was plesant and always engaging when we saw anyone. Front desk, pool, housekeeping event he valet (we didnt valet a car) was always nice and willing to help and asking how everything was going with our stay. I tried to tip someone for bring me up towels and they wouldn't take it. That says a lot to me about a hotel. Our balcony was outstanding. If you are on Ocean drive don't expect your balcony to be quiet at night again duh! Pool was great staff again outstanding. Only thing was towels at pool lacked at times which some times happens but hey its 90 out let the sun dry you off. We had a fight at 2am by some other guests and we called about it and it was taken care in an instant. Saw many complaints about staff and took forever for anything. Don't know where those people stayed becasue it didn't happen here. Again was great, great, great. Will definatley stay here again.

Room Tip: hotel has 5 buildings which are going tobe different in quality. i booked through a private owner and was great and still got outstanding servive from hotel
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank adam h

Thank you for the 5 Star ratings!

Reviewed September 21, 2011

I stayed here for 8 days in and around christmas 2011. Did alot of searching but decided to book the Congress. Overall great hotel! The location is amazing, you will not get better. Right across from the ocean, right on ocean drive where all the action is; shops, restaurants, bars etc..
We did not get a room in the main building (which worried me a bit) but finally is was just as great.

Large room, very nice ammenities, kitchen and fridge were great for breakfast in the morning. Amazing bathroom with rainfall shower! The hotel is clean and well maintained. There is some noise during the nights because of all the bars and the Clevelander next door but all and all its not that bad. Great rooftop pool in the next building (but it was a bit cold for a swim in december)

The only real problem was parking. There is NO parking whatsoever in south beach. You either had to pay something like 20$ a day + tips for vallet parking with the hotel or pay like 15$ - 20$ a day for a public parking garage right in the back.

But all and all, great place to stay to soak up the miami beach!

Room Tip: Parking is a hassle beware.
  • Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family

Thank you for your recent review on TripAdvisor. We truly appreciate you taking the time to detail your experience, and we are so pleased that you had a wonderful visit at The Congress hotel South Beach.

Please let us know when you will be returning to Miami Beach. We look forward to welcoming you back as our guest in the near future!

Reviewed September 15, 2011

I stayed here for 11 days celebrating my birthday and I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. The suite was furnished nicely with small flat panels in the livingroom and bedroom, the bed was absolutely comfortable, the kitchen was GREAT to have, the ocean view was beautiful, the pool had an awesome view, and the hotel was in a perfect location on Ocean Drive. Even the mini bar items were very reasonably priced which is RARE in South Beach. I didn't use anything, but a bottle of liquor did fall from the fridge & it didn't hurt me when I saw the cost. The balconies off my bedroom and livingroom were perfect for just relaxing and catching that early morning breeze while watching the sun rise over the ocean. The breakfast was GREAT with several options to choose from and the coffee was a life saver after partying until sun up. The staff was very helpful and always friendly. I had to ask for wash cloths several times, but always received them within minutes. The chairs & umbrella provided on the beach were also wonderful to have. I have not one complaint. For the cost...the location, FULL KITCHEN AREA, and size of these suites cannot be beat. I stayed in the main building...and I will definitely be back. Thanks to everyone there and thanks to Claudio the manager for making my prolonged stay great...I felt so at home and can't wait to come back.

Room Tip: I would always request the main building.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 6, 2011

I stayed at the The Congress for four nights with several friends. It is not a bad hotel, but it's far from luxurious. Pros: The rooftop pool is lovely. The central location is perfect. The breakfast included in the room rate was good. Cons: The hotel has no gym. The staff is pretty sparse and not really professional - not outright rude, just not especially helpful. The room was nice enough and was spacious and seemed newly renovated, but the carpet was full of stains. Bottom line: this was a serviceable hotel for our purposes, but I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank JMB10010
congressmanagement, General Manager at Suites at Congress Ocean Drive, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2011

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your recent experience at The Congress Hotel South Beach. I am sorry to hear that your stay was less then perfect. We strive to deliver consistent service to each guest staying at our hotel.

I am happy to inform you that all our carpets were changed. Additionally, we do have a new management team at our Front Desk so I certainly hope you will consider staying with us again upon your next visit to Miami Beach and invite you to contact my office before your arrival so I can insure your next stay is perfect.

Warm regards,