“flat course but great greens”

Miami Beach Golf Club
More attraction details
Owner description: Formerly the Bayshore Golf Course.
Reviewed February 23, 2013

this golf course is very flat but the greens were very nice and the holes still had some good challenge. in a scramble format, we were 8 under with a 35 and three 10-15 handicappers in the group.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

I've golfed all over the US - from the goat-track munis to the Pebble Beaches and Torrey Pines of the world. I have my own opinion of what kind of course deserves a $200 green fee - and Miami Beach Golf Club does not. Don't get me wrong - it's a nice course, especially for a municipal course. But as far as the service staff and the general feeling of the place, it might as well be an average daily fee golf course. My buddy rented clubs and bought a dozen balls too - his charges topped $300 - for a Wednesday morning! I understand it's Miami and high season, but this is ridiculous. And honestly, it's my own fault. Someone booked the tee time for us, and knowing it was a muni, I was expecting no more than $100. We were dropped off at the course, so we couldn't just up and leave. Even though you're in the heart of Miami Beach, there are no views to rave about. Just area commerical and residential buildings. The greens were nice, but very firm. Water comes into play on nearly every hole, so it is a fairly tough course. The lunch in the restaurant was pretty good (skimpy on the grilled chicken that was added to my Caesar salad). The chili con carne, actually, was freaking awesome. The lady behind the pro shop desk was a lot of fun - spunky and funny. All in all it was a good golfing experience, but WAY WAY WAY overpriced.

3  Thank jkarennj
Reviewed December 28, 2012

$240 per person. We rented clubs. No balls in the bag. Then they insisted I physically leave my CC at the Pro Shop, I guess fearing I wouldn't bring back the beat-up rentals. Then I got a receipt 3' long, that I had to carry all round to get my CC back. Then the starter took my receipt. I had to find him after my round. Kinda weak for a nice course...
Nachos were great in restaurant. Course was very good. Overally 4 stars, but policies were 2.

Reviewed December 12, 2012

i was nicely surprised with this course. i didnt expect a lot with it being right in south beach. the tee boxes, fairways and greens were all firm and in great shape. its a fun track....some tough, long par 4s and a few risk/reward short par 4s. there was quite a bit of water, but not like so many courses in florida where water is on every hole. i'd play here again and again when visiting. we also played normandy shores which is also close. a decent track and worth playing but i liked miami beach quite a bit better.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

Finely appointed inexpensive restaurant with a sumptuous view of the rolling golf course. Good service.