“Please destroy this hotel” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Berkley Shore Hotel

Berkley Shore Hotel
Ranked #27 of 29 Miami Beach B&B and Inns
San Diego, California
“Please destroy this hotel”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

This has to be the worst place I've ever stayed in. The price was ridiculous for the unsatisfactory service we recieved. $750 for 4 nights of freezing our butts off because the room stayed a constant 50 degrees with no way of controlling the air conditioning. The place is very run down, some of the room numbers are written on the door in a sharpie. The housekeeping services were horrid. The only time we got our room cleaned is when we had to hunt the staff down and make them do it. When we didn't hunt them down they just came in and threw some bars of soap in the sink and left. We had to change our own sheets and pillow cases and when we changed the pillow cases we never slept on the pillows again due to the amount of stains and filth of the pillows. The shower had mold everywhere. We had to ask for towels everyday from the front desk but if you didn't do it before 4pm you were out of luck. They need to demolish this place, hopefully the new hotel that is going up next to it will buy up the property and put a wrecking ball through it. Don't stay here, you have been warned...

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
8 Thank beast1477

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
HENDERSON
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014

I was booked into this Hotel by an new assistant. When I saw the name I thought it must be one of the newer boutique hotels on Collins and actually looked forward to getting there. I have stayed on Collins at least 8 times before and stayed at Royal Palms, Shore Club (2x) and Lowe's (4x). This is not so much a hotel but a hostel. When I first walked up to the counter the overwhelming smell of urine that was trying to be covered up by some sort of flower perfume. The first thing I did was try and book another room at one of the locations I had stayed previously nothing available for the night. I went to Lowe's across the street and stayed there working in the lobby until about 1:00 in the morning (they had a solid WiFi connection and it didn't smell. When I couldn't stay awake any longer I knew I would have to stay at least one night in this hostel. When I got on the elevator to go to my room on the 3rd floor the license in the elevator expired 09/30/2009 (I have pictures). When I exited the elevator it was easy to find my room because the room numbers were hand written with Sharpie on the doors. Got to my room (305) opened the door and behold my room, the chair that I guess was to used to sit at was ripped up, someone had stolen the battery from the smoke detector, the electrical outlets were open and empty, the patch work on my wall was something from rural Mexico, there was a hole in my bathroom but lucky for me it was stuffed with toilet paper. Being very tired I pulled the nasty 70's style bed cover from my bed to find out there are no blankets but there is a sheet wrapped around the mattress not bed cover and sheet just a sheet. So i took the towels out of my bathroom and covered the pillows and slept in my clothes. Checked out the next morning and checked into the Hyatt Regency more of a Hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Ron M

Travelers are raving about these Miami Beach hotels

Buenos Aires, Argentina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014

The hotel is destroyed, my room lack a window glass, and with 50º F outside I really freezed my self, and they never can stop the central air conditioned (Very noicy too). Later in the morning I discovered that I had no hot water, I asked for a room change but the hotel was full. The second day we discovered that the House keeping wasn't there and did not left clean towells and we can't get some until the next day and other things I don´t want to remember....

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Diego R
New Milford, Connecticut
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

My boyfriend and I went to Miami by car all the way from Connecticut for two weeks without any hotels booked ahead. We were booking last minute hotels and spending there 1 or 2 nights. Our budget was around $100 per night... and for two weeks we've seen the best and the worst places for almost same price. Berkley Shore Hotel was our first place to stay and the worst one! Honestly, this place shouldn't be called HOTEL, hot even hostel... may be a shelter.... I cannot find right words to describe how bed it was.. I downloaded some pictures so whoever is thinking to book this place would think again. No hairdrier, no place to put laguage, no working outlet no even a trash can! I know people say you pay for location...but really, you can sleep on the beach! It would be more comfortable, enjoyable and its FREE! So we spend $80 per night there and after cruising throught 9 hotels in two weeks in south beach I am certain that $100 could buy you great renovated suite, even with ocean view, even on Christmas Eve! The only good thing I have to mention is that staff is friendly in Berkley Shore. They seems like very nice people, its just that they cannot help you with anything... Almost forgot about parking. It cost additional $10 per night... and its simply you park your car on the side of the hotel. But! They not responsible for anything if someting would happend there. Just so you know there are constraction that going on there... and a many construction trucks would pass your car every minute! We were lucky they didn't hit our car but it was covered with construction dust so bedly that we had to run to car wash right after our check out!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple