“Very unfriendly staff”
Review of The Mimosa Hotel

The Mimosa Hotel
Ranked #159 of 210 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed October 21, 2011

The staff at Mimosa Hotel is horrible. They are very unfriendly, never smile, and are not helpful at all. The room is loud because you can hear traffic outside and people in the hallway and outside the building. The bath towels are old and small and there were never enough towels in the room, had to call them daily to get extra ones. The beds are clean at least. I fell and hurt myself on the wet tile floor and the man at the front desk said nothing after I told him. Very rude and I would not choose to stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank moni g
There are newer reviews for The Mimosa Hotel

Reviewed August 18, 2011

Staff is great, parking is right across the street, you need to pay for it though.
Rooms are spotless, service is great. They speak both English and Spanish.
The pool is a fare size and right after it , it is a gate and the beach.
It is 10 minutes away from the Miami Beach convention center.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank gdraque
Reviewed July 29, 2011

The location REALLY close to the beach is perfect.
But the cleaning isn't that good. I don't think they ever cleaned under the bed. We found an earplug!!!
Really small bed.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dwille
Reviewed June 28, 2011

The only thing this hotel has to offer is the beach behind it, but so do most of the other hotels on Miami Beach. Otherwise I hav little to recommend this hotel. The walls are paper thin making it noisy, the rooms are relatively small and the staff were almost non communicative. The first room had a leaking bathroom, but to be fair the second was better with a spa bath in the room. The breakfast was very poor, just some bread on a plastic plate and a bored lady waiting to finish up. Just a few tables (not enough) in a small corner back of the hotel. They havve no proper restaurant. The hotel has almost no other ammenities. The pool was even closed on one very hot day. The parking cost $18 a day, but there is a public carpark next door which is free from 18.00 to 8.00. Choose another hotel if you can.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank PaulsXperience
Reviewed April 11, 2011

This was my very first trip to Miami and this hotel ruined the experience. Checking in wasn't a very good experience as the two dudes at the front desk were unfriendly, and then informed us of the parking charge of $15/day. They didn't even offer to help carry our bags. The room was very clean but very small, had a old, but functional TV with a really ghetto, beat up remote. We had a side view of the ocean, but really, a full on view of the unruly lot next to the place. Bathroom was ok, small, but had a jet-bath tub. Kitchenette was a nice feature, as it had a sink, microwave, fridge, and coffee maker, and a small dining table.

Now, this hotel was booked through another website; the operator claimed it was close to South Beach. Well, it's not. It's actually more North Beach, so don't expect to see the Miami you do in travel magazines. It's more like a neighbor hood with mom and pop stores, Publix, gym, Blockbuster Video, not the upscale restaurants, clubs, and shops you would expect.

We tried to call downstairs to reserve a taxi cab to go out to the clubs in Miami. The front desk person was so disgruntled about calling a taxi and stating that if we weren't down there in 5 minutes, the taxi cab would leave us. So we go rushing downstairs only to wait another 15 minutes for the cab. FYI, it's about $20 cab ride one way to South Beach from this hotel.

Check out was also a very unfriendly process and also come to find out there was a "bed tax". Great. This hotel is very beautiful with marble floors, private ocean, and somewhat cute rooms, but the staff, service, and location make this hotel horrible. Sure, it's listed around $155/night, but with the hidden fees/parking/taxi cab fares to South Beach, it's about $235/night. Go ahead and spend the extra money for a nice hotel room IN South Beach.

There are pretty good restaurants around the area within walking distance with reasonable prices. There's also a cute little spa to get pedicures for cheap.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
5  Thank flutelet
Reviewed March 26, 2011

first night - loud baby next door
second night - frat house inside my room!!!!

this place has not insulation on the walls so you can hear absolutely everything from the room next door. when asked to change room, was told that it is just how it is...

staff is incredibly unhelpful, barely speaks english and could not even get me a shuttle or taxi to the airport.

DO NOT STAY HERE IF YOU WANT TO SLEEP OR RELAX.

Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank debrinhah
Reviewed March 5, 2011

I was staying at this hotel marts 2007 or 2008. I cannot remember the yeah. I was i connection with my birthday. I was going to meet some great friends in Miami. The hotel itself was nice and neat. Breakfast horrible and so was the service.

The worst part of this Hotel was that i got robbed. I filled a complaint with the hotel and a police report and they did not care. I never forget and i think others have got robbed there too.

I am pretty sure it was somebody from the hotel.

I got a Laptop stolen, a leather file calendar, a leather case with 1000 dollars cash and 200 dollars in foreign cash. I lost all my newest data on my laptop, although for some reason they did not take my backup hard drive, which was very lucky, since i could restore most of my data. My insurance covered the loss, but i wanted the hotel to do so and they would not. They ignore me and more or less said that i was lying. I have pictures of the door at the hotel, which was slightly scratched, but not possible to open unless you have a key card.

I wonder how many others have experienced the same as me?

I can not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple