We were looking for a comfortable, well located hotel in South Beach so we booked this hotel. Wasn't cheap but we wanted to make sure we were comfortable.
It went wrong from the start. Our reservation couldn't be found. Luckily we brought our booking confirmation. Took some time to get what we booked and we could only be lodged for the first 4 days. It was up to us to look for something else for the last few days. We had to talk to the manager the next day if we wanted to stay.
When we entered the building we were immediately struck by a strong sent of moist, humidity, ... It was the same in the room.
The room was very small and old. Cracks in the wall, no ventilation, fungus in the bathroom, prehistoric and loud airconditioning, miniature bathroom, we could see the corridor from within the room.
And all this for 300$ per night!?!
The lady at the reception gave us the key to another room in the same building but this time a floor up. Same story.
Needless to say we packed our bags and told the lady at the reception we weren't staying. This was the first time I left a hotel but it was an absolute disgrace.
I cannot believe anybody would stay in this hotel (this building?) and certainly not at these rates.
Will never come back here!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our boutique hotel in Miami Beach is designed as an oasis for travelers who desire an escape from the common hotel, yet still value traditional services and hospitality. With a fresh, innovative appearance, well-appointed rooms and a casually-sophisticated atmosphere, our South Beach hotel can transform your trip into a time of inspiration and renewal. Vacationers looking for lodging in South Beach can appreciate our hotel's ideal location within walking distance of the beach, the Bass Museum, beautiful Art Deco homes and Ocean Drive's many famous attractions. Upscale fashion boutiques are at your fingertips when you stay here, with the Lincoln Road Mall and Collins Avenue shopping district less than a mile from the hotel. Our Miami Beach accommodations also offer quick access to the Port of Miami, where cruise ships dock for boarding. For the very best in Miami Beach accommodations, choose the The Garden Hotel South Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Travelocity so you can book your Washington Park Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bel Aire South Beach Miami
- Bel Aire South Beach Hotel