WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Washington Park Hotel

Washington Park Hotel
Ranked #68 of 202 Hotels in Miami Beach
Meise, Belgium
“I came, I saw and I left”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

We were looking for a comfortable, well located hotel in South Beach so we booked this hotel. Wasn't cheap but we wanted to make sure we were comfortable.
It went wrong from the start. Our reservation couldn't be found. Luckily we brought our booking confirmation. Took some time to get what we booked and we could only be lodged for the first 4 days. It was up to us to look for something else for the last few days. We had to talk to the manager the next day if we wanted to stay.
When we entered the building we were immediately struck by a strong sent of moist, humidity, ... It was the same in the room.
The room was very small and old. Cracks in the wall, no ventilation, fungus in the bathroom, prehistoric and loud airconditioning, miniature bathroom, we could see the corridor from within the room.
And all this for 300$ per night!?!
The lady at the reception gave us the key to another room in the same building but this time a floor up. Same story.

Needless to say we packed our bags and told the lady at the reception we weren't staying. This was the first time I left a hotel but it was an absolute disgrace.

I cannot believe anybody would stay in this hotel (this building?) and certainly not at these rates.

Will never come back here!

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
4 Thank Jan J

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013

This was a reasonably priced hotel for the South Beach neighbourhood. We were quite close to the shopping district, the beach and there were great restaurants all around us. We had a very nice time at this hotel. Our room was clean, brightly colored, and had a very comfortable bed!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Atlanta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2013

My friends and I had a great stay at this hotel 6-13-13 thru 6-16-13. The front staff was amazing with getting us checked in and out. The room was a little smaller than I had expected but definitely enough space to accommodate my friends and I during our stay. The only down fall was the restaurant manager, she was very rude. We arrive at the restaurant approx. 30 minutes before breakfast ended to pick up some fruit and muffins to start the day. We had to make several trips back to the front office because the restaurant manager stated that we did not have breakfast included in our stay (she even pretended to call the front office to "confirm" we had no breakfast included.) Finally, after the front staff employee had hand written a note to the restaurant staff were we allowed to get our breakfast, at this time there was only 10 minutes left and we felt very uncomfortable so we left with only scraps as the restaurant staff begun to clean up. On the better side, the front desk employee provided us with a credit for the breakfast we did not receive. I would stay at this hotel again but do NOT recommend the restaurant onsite.

Room Tip: Opt out of the restaurant portion if possible. Great Diner across the street
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank JoopCoop
virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2013

First, you have to ignore their growing pains: It is actually four old hotels being renovated into one complex. We stayed in the newly renovated "Bel Aire": Super clean and beautifully spacious room and bathroom. Its cool colors, couches, chairs, desk, etc. were nice. The staff is super friendly. The continental breakfast is excellent: bagels, toast, fruit, cereal, coffee, juice - all included in the room price.

It it a little confusing to check in, even finding the hotel(s), and there is construction, but ... Great location - two blocks from the beach.

I WOULD DEFINITELY STAY HERE AGAIN.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2013

We stayed there for 1 night before a cruise. Was able to the Airport Flyer ($2ish per/per) from the airport to basically the steps of the hotel. Clean and spacious room and bathroom. It was cute, and the staff is super friendly. Got the hotel for a very good price, considering that I have no complains. If you are going to the cruise port do not take their shuttle service, only $22 taxi to the port and there are lots of taxis soonest you step out of the hotel.

Room Tip: Higher floors are always a good option.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Richmond, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2013

My sister and I spent 1 night in this place and I did not get a wink of sleep. We arrived a little after 3:00 pm because we were told check in was at 3:00pm. Needless to say, we were told our room would not be ready until 4. That was ok because being that we had just left 15 degree weather, we did not mind staying outside in the "Garden area". Once our room was considered ready, we were escorted to the Davis and immediately there was a strong smell of mildew in the lobby that almost made me want to turn around and get my money back. They tried to mask the smell with air fragrances and oranges they had sitting out. The fun started when we opened the door to room #273. First, we asked for twin beds and they gave us a King. Being in the property management business, I should have known better. This room appeared as if no one had cared about providing a clean room for it's guest. I was watching TV and felt something crawling on me. It was a flea. I grabbed a tissue and went to the bathroom to dispose of it and I see hundreds of tiny ants crawling all over the wall in the bathroom. They were on our cell phones and charges. These ants were coming out of the electrical sockets. Long story short, they tried to transfer us to another room but that room had the same issues with the ants in the bathroom. Finally they transferred us to a suit in another building and that room did not appear to have any pest issues. Unfortunately the damage was done and I spent the rest of the night waiting to get out of that place and hoping I would not see anything else. If you don't mind sleeping with fleas and ants, this is a great place for you. I must say, the staff was very accommodating. I blame the owners for this one. Go look at room #273 and ask yourself, would you be excited to stay here? I should not be able to see the outside from inside a closed door. Wash the curtains sometimes and stop leaving that round pillow thing on the beds especially when you know you do not wash it, ever.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Michelle S
Mississauga, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

Stayed here for 1 night before our cruise. The best thing about the hotel is its location, walking distance from the busy street and 2 blocks from the beach and just 1 block from the bus stop where the Airport shuttle bus has a stop. The hotel is average, more like a 2 star. The room is old but renovated so it looks decent. We found a couple of cockroaches in the washroom at night. If you want a budget hotel near to the action, this is a good choice. They still had construction going on...we reached early at 10.30am, but couldn't get a room till 3.30. So we just left our luggage at the hotel and went around the Miami beach streets. The hotel is on a relatively quiter street but very near to the action - 5 mins walk. The hotel has wifi, but they won't give the wifi password till you actually get your keys for check in. We had toilet flush problem which i notified at 8 am. No one showed up to fix it till 11 am. I had to manually fix the flush couple of times to make it work. Kinda bad service for the only toilet available in the bathroom on a morning.

The breakfast is regular continental breakfast,bread, corn flakes, orange juice, muffin... no hot food. The check out was smooth. We booked a shuttle at the hotels front desk to go to the Miami port for $11 per person which was a good decision rather than taking taxi.The hotel has a burger king right in front of it and has a vending machine outside the hotel rooms.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple