“Little shady with good food”
Review of Whitelaw Lounge

Whitelaw Lounge
Ranked #495 of 1,142 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Neighborhood: Flamingo / Lummus
Neighborhood: Flamingo / Lummus
Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

The tacos were delicious. However the inside is weird. If I went again I would definitely sit outside.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

The place was directly across from our hotel. The prices seemed more "reasonable" than our location so my husband and I decided to have breakfast here. Maria, our waitress didn't understand English well and unfortunately we didn't understand Spanish, so every part of our conversation was a challenge. At one point, I asked a question about a cocktail as there were two different prices. She couldn't really explain as she didn't understand my question, so I went inside and asked an English speaking bartender. I think this offended her. I had ordered a breakfast burrito. When Maria brought it out, the burrito had cheese and eggs with a hashbrown (previously frozen because it tasted frost-bitten) and extra crispy bacon on the side. I attempted to ask her if the hashbrown and bacon were considered "sides" (as they were on the menu for $3 each) or if they were part of the burrito. She started pointing at each item on my plate and showing me on the menu what I ordered. I told her I could see, but wondered if there was an extra price. she started pointing again. I tried to cover my food with my hands which obviously frustrated her because she then directly put her finger on my bacon and then pointed at "bacon" on the menu. I was shocked and offended.
I went in and asked for a manager. After waiting 15 minutes, no manager ever presented themselves which in my opinion says something about their value of patrons. We were only one of two couples on the patio so it wasn't busy.
Even more, we had to pay the price of the food in addition to the 18% automatic gratuity that is charged for each order.
The food is below average, the service is deplorable and the management doesn't appear to care. Why would anyone go here?

Reviewed April 23, 2013

I was a hotel guest in Whitelaw and the hotel itself is pretty good (my rating 3/5) and even the food in the Taco Shack is not that bad - but the Bar has completely weird concept - I am quite regular guest to house lounges and clubs in my city but I am quite curious, why such a place is situated in one of the coolest places in the world - SoBe.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

My husband and I frequent Miami quite often and always make sure to stop at this lounge. The manager named Moses is always the most accommodating when we visit. The drinks are great, the music is awesome and the crowd is always entertaining. Whether it's karaoke, salsa or brazilian night you are sure to have a great time at the Whitelaw! If you are into hookah, sit on the front patio enjoy their selection and let the Miami breeze captivate you.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Come here to grab a quick drink before hitting the town. THE Djs they brought in were awesome and friendly. They have free happy hour for hotel guests and it's a great place to start and/or finish the night.