“Very Expensive, Huge Portions, Excellent Food”
Review of Prime 112

Prime 112
Ranked #220 of 1,157 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: South Pointe
Reviewed September 10, 2013

My husband and I ate here on a recent weekend. We ate early and had reservations so were seated immediately. By the time we left there was quite a lengthy crowd waiting.

My husband had blackened swordfish w/ arugula & papaya salsa and I had soy marinated Chilean sea bass w/ steamed baby bok choy & sweet miso sauce. We ordered a side of white truffle fries. Both entrees were excellent especially the swordfish. The fries were probably the best we ever had but were enough for a small army. All the sides were certainly enough for four or five people. The dessert we chose--Warm Dulce de Leche Bread Pudding w/ Candied Walnuts & Vanilla Ice Cream--was delicious but again enough for four people.

I have a hard time understanding why some restaurants make it so hard to order a reasonable portion. Most of the time we find that huge quantities equal poor quality. This isn't the case here but the size of some of the items we saw going to other tables approached sinful. Someone needs to remind the management that "there are starving people in (fill in the blank)" like my mother always reminded me! I am sure that a lot of food goes back uneaten even though it is excellent. It really bothers me when restaurants do this. We have encountered it only in America. Perhaps if they reduced the size of the servings they could cut their prices proportionately.

Our server (Erica) was delightful and gave us a "heads up" on the sizes of the items, warning us against ordered a salad in addition to the other items. That would have been a tremendous error as we could not finish any of the courses. She was extremely helpful in her recommendations about menu items.

We found Prime One Twelve to be a place we would only visit on a special occasion since the bill for the two of us was $176 including three glasses of wine, tax and gratuity. If you can afford it, go for it!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,646)

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Whilst on holiday I went here with my wife for dinner on her birthday. It was a Friday night so I booked in advance and I'm glad I did as I don't think there was a spare table in the house!! (I'm glad I took the advice from the reviews about booking in advance). The place was rammed full but somehow they managed to keep turning the tables over.

Niether of us had a starter (as US portions are big enough!) but both had fillet steak which was cooked great. As my wife is pregnant she had to have hers well done but to avoid burning it they simply cut it up smaller to keep it tender which was great. We ordered a side of mash, a side of creamed corn and some broccoli - this was way too much for two people!! The mash would have served a family of four, the creamed corn was a better size but the broccoli was at least three of four whole broccoli's which was ridiculous! I feel the server should have said something and advised us but he did not which was disappointing. Needless to say it looked like we had hardly put a dent in the sides when we were done!!

I waited a while after finishing my main to order my dessert because I had heard so much about the deep fried orio's I had to try them... and I was so glad I did... they were AMAZING! They tasted like donuts but had the sweet chocolate filling of the orio's which was soft and melting. Order these and you won't be disappointed. I'm going to attempt to make these at home now!! :)

Reviewed September 8, 2013

Great bar busiest on South Beach at 8 pm> You will many local sports stars at this place. It is a fun bar with great bartenders and great service. Definitely a place to visit while in SOBE

Reviewed September 7, 2013

Food delicious but no table ready forgo evoked. Waited 45 mins for pre booked table. No bar at which to wait. Got gin and tonic slipped all up my arm by crowd waiting for tables. Not a great experience!

Reviewed September 6, 2013

My partner and I recently celebrated our anniversary at Prime 112 during a stay in Miami Beach. This was not our first time and we were anxious to repeat our wonderful past experiences. We were not disappointed! From check-in to dessert, our experience was what would be expected of an upscale steakhouse. The food is an experience in itself. The steaks are fabulous (aged, prime) and done to perfection! The side are, well...HUGE! The baked potatoes are like submarines! Each one can feed at least two people. All of the other sides are more than enough for two hardy eaters. The service team is beyond professional. When we first got our table, it was in an area directly next to the bar. I had the posterior of everyone who walked past the bar in my face! Not a great table. Our server, Joseph, who had already taken our order, was very understanding and had the manager change our table. It wasn't even in his area when we moved, but Joseph was looking out for the customer, not himself. Even though we did not have Joseph as our server for the rest of the meal, we tipped him the same as if he had served us. It meant a lot that he went out of his way to satisfy us. The place is always very busy, but the atmosphere is classy, upscale, and high energy. This is not a stuffy old steakhouse, but a fun, modern restaurant that attracts the best clientele. Be sure to get a reservation well in advance, especially on the weekend. Prime 112 is on the south end of South Beach, which is quieter than the Deco District and a bit off the beaten path, but well worth the easy walk from the wild nightlife. Enjoy!