“Once you seat, the food is great”
Review of Prime 112

Prime 112
Ranked #126 of 1,102 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: South Pointe
Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

I've been there twice in a business trip to Miami. On a monday night (about 8pm), the bar area was so crowded and people that had prior reservation were extremely upset with the hostess about the caotic booking service. There were people there waiting more than 1 hour to be seated. I suggest you go later for dinner or for lunch if you want to seat right away. As I was by myself, I took a seat at the bar, and Bianca was very attentive (I do think they rush the service a little bit, though). The portions are ridiculously huge, but the food is very good. And very expensive too.

There are newer reviews for Prime 112

Reviewed March 9, 2013

I can't tell you if the food is good or bad because they wouldn't seat us. We had a reservation for 7 PM and arrived at 6:45. They asked us to wait at the bar but after 1 1/2 hours we were still waiting. I went to speak to the hostess 4 times and was told we were next but they just kept seating people ahead of us. I would have given the hotess and waiter a nice tip but after my meal but I guess they wanted to be paid before they seated us. It was an awful experience instead of a much anticipated fun evening. We finally walked out.

1  Thank Jputna
Reviewed March 9, 2013

This Miami hot spot is still so popular after a decade for good reason. They are open 7 days a week and they serve over 800 meals nightly. The food and service is consistently amazing. Despite Prime One Twelve being such a hot dining destination, there is NO attitude here. Everyone is friendly and warm and everyone is treated as VIP. The manager,Charles Houcee, runs an excellent establishment in a most professional manner. The portions are incredibly big and this is a great place to go with a large group. This is the only place the Miami Heat players dine after every game and its easy to see why.

Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

Read through all of the reviews and hype and what you get is a very decent steak, great atmosphere and excellent service. We only waited 15 min. for our 9:30p table. We waited at the bar where our bartender offered to muddle the cucumber for my Hendrick's G&T. Absolutely delicious. Our only gripe - unable to finish our order of Prime Rib for two - we took the remainder to go only to find once home that most of our to-go - was gone. Was a server that hungry in a steakhouse? Ah, well, if so, than that's OK.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

Our reservation (for 7PM) was honored. We showed up at 6:45. Unfortunately, Nicole S. (our server) was rude, pushy, and made our experience unpleasant. It was our first time there and so, naturally, we had questions. She was annoyed and reluctant to provide us with helpful suggestions. The sides are made for two/three people and, unfortunately, the salads are made to serve 4 (at least that is what Nicole said). Also, the Kobe Beef hot dog has been raved about by Andrew Zimmern on the Travel Channel ... Do not get it!! Not worth the $25, nothing special, tasted like an oversized Hebrew National! Lobster Bisque was excellent. Truffle Mac n cheese to die for. This place really picks up after 8 o'clock. Would have been an excellent review had our server been more polite and pleasant.

Been to Prime 112? Share your experiences!