“Wonderful”
Review of The Setai

The Setai
Ranked #6 of 210 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed March 9, 2014

We spent 3 nights at the Setai Miami and we really loved it. Everything was great: rooms are really beautiful, well furnished and comfortable. Style is great: oriental-fancy with a modern flavor. Service is amazing! It was a great experience. Totally recommend it. Worth every dollar.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for The Setai

Reviewed March 6, 2014

We went to South Beach January 2014 to get away from the cold weather.

After looking at many hotels online, we decided on staying at the Setai. We rented a 2BR, 2Ba condo instead of two hotel rooms.

The condo was extremely nice, 22 floor, direct ocean and city view, and the location was really good at 20th and Collins -Ocean drive is a few blocks South.

The Setai has an Asian flair and very nicely decorated. The service is excellent, and staff very attentive. It's in walking distance to many restaurants if you don't want to eat at the hotel.

The Setai is located right on the beach, but has 3 pools also.

We used taxis when we wanted to leave the area (went in Miami once) since we didn't rent a car. I think car parking was $50 daily.

South Beach is quite expensive so bring lots of cash or a good credit card.

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed March 6, 2014

The Setai is a magnificent property with attentive service and gorgeous design.
Love the rooms with their combination of woods, the illy espresso maker and llanllyr water.
The public spaces, both indoor and outdoor, are lush and comfortable.
Have stayed at various other premium properties on SoBe and have to say like the Setai best with its evocation of Phuket and Bali, and the great breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Peter R
Reviewed March 3, 2014

My overall stay went pretty well, Housekeeping was great, doormen excellent. However, the have the worst security staff that I've seen throughout the duration of my travels around the world. I had an item stolen while i was in the pool, they had several attempted robberies from homeless people that hide within the shrubby along the day beds within my stay. This is not 5 star service! Secondly, I file a report with the security manager and he just seem to be un-knowledgeable with overall security procedures. This same night my Tower unit was entered by a security officer, who failed to knock or announce his presence. So, I say great hotel.. But, be very careful with your property and trusting of the security staff.. Absolutely worthless!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Kellylot
Reviewed February 24, 2014

The property is first class. Great location on Collins and right off the beach. They had people on the beach to help set us up with towels and chairs. The beach was very pretty and clean. We also ate at the restaurant for dinner, which was excellent. Although the price is high, it was a great experience.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Frank M
Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

The Setai oozes class and sophistication, doubtless safe in the knowledge it's one of the most desirable addresses in all of Miami beach. From check in to check out, things were smoothe and understated. The pools were welcoming, the breakfast buffet a knockout, the cocktails innovative and the vibe just the right side of laid back. We'd come back here in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed February 19, 2014

I’ve stayed at The Setai Hotel many times in the past but recently bought a house on the beach so; regrettably we don’t stay at the hotel. But, come by the restaurants as much as possible.
I see so many new people some of our old favorites. The pools look new but we can’t eat at the pool bar anymore because were not staying there. However Ms. Jill the new manager was so nice and professional that she explained all of the new things going on at the pool and soon I will be able to enjoy looking at the beach and drink one of thier handcrafted beverages from the best bartenders on south beach!
I was not sure if I should leave a review because I like the property and I’m not sure the hotel even reads them but, I figured since I’m not a hotel guest that they wouldn’t listen to my complaints anyway.
Love ,love the place don’t love the rude tower staff. I was looking for the bathroom and was a little turned around and I was trying to ask someone at the front desk for directions.
If the staff wasn’t so preoccupied by their cell phones and personal conversations then maybe you can get help. When I finally did get help I was met with attitude. She told me her name but I didn’t care to hear it because I felt like I was terrible for asking a question and I had interrupted her time. I was going to ask for the manager to complain but she said she was the manager I thought to myself forget it!
As a whole, it’s the best on the beach!! Just don’t find yourself asking for the bathroom!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple