“Horrible Security!”
Review of The Setai

The Setai
Ranked #36 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed March 3, 2014

My overall stay went pretty well, Housekeeping was great, doormen excellent. However, the have the worst security staff that I've seen throughout the duration of my travels around the world. I had an item stolen while i was in the pool, they had several attempted robberies from homeless people that hide within the shrubby along the day beds within my stay. This is not 5 star service! Secondly, I file a report with the security manager and he just seem to be un-knowledgeable with overall security procedures. This same night my Tower unit was entered by a security officer, who failed to knock or announce his presence. So, I say great hotel.. But, be very careful with your property and trusting of the security staff.. Absolutely worthless!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Kellylot

Reviewed February 24, 2014

The property is first class. Great location on Collins and right off the beach. They had people on the beach to help set us up with towels and chairs. The beach was very pretty and clean. We also ate at the restaurant for dinner, which was excellent. Although the price is high, it was a great experience.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Frank M
Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

The Setai oozes class and sophistication, doubtless safe in the knowledge it's one of the most desirable addresses in all of Miami beach. From check in to check out, things were smoothe and understated. The pools were welcoming, the breakfast buffet a knockout, the cocktails innovative and the vibe just the right side of laid back. We'd come back here in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed February 19, 2014

I’ve stayed at The Setai Hotel many times in the past but recently bought a house on the beach so; regrettably we don’t stay at the hotel. But, come by the restaurants as much as possible.
I see so many new people some of our old favorites. The pools look new but we can’t eat at the pool bar anymore because were not staying there. However Ms. Jill the new manager was so nice and professional that she explained all of the new things going on at the pool and soon I will be able to enjoy looking at the beach and drink one of thier handcrafted beverages from the best bartenders on south beach!
I was not sure if I should leave a review because I like the property and I’m not sure the hotel even reads them but, I figured since I’m not a hotel guest that they wouldn’t listen to my complaints anyway.
Love ,love the place don’t love the rude tower staff. I was looking for the bathroom and was a little turned around and I was trying to ask someone at the front desk for directions.
If the staff wasn’t so preoccupied by their cell phones and personal conversations then maybe you can get help. When I finally did get help I was met with attitude. She told me her name but I didn’t care to hear it because I felt like I was terrible for asking a question and I had interrupted her time. I was going to ask for the manager to complain but she said she was the manager I thought to myself forget it!
As a whole, it’s the best on the beach!! Just don’t find yourself asking for the bathroom!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Frankie W
Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

During our stay of one week at the Setai we had a way to appreciate the high quality that this hotel offers. Eventhough our room was the most economic it was really nice, comfortable and with a nice living area and bathroom. The hotel in the other zones is really nice, the outdoor area with pool and spa were fabulous. The staff in all the zones was really gentle and always available. The concierge members were really available and would reserve all the attractions and activities you would like to do during your stay in Miami. I really reccomend this hotel for a luxorious stay in Mjami.

Reviewed February 14, 2014

It was one of our several stays a the Setai Tower over the several years and it is still one of the best Hotels I know. Great area of SB, pool facilities, rooms, restaurants are so good that you never want to leave. Staff is excellent and we love the breakfast and very comfortable beach chairs. The only two things to mention are cost of everything at the hotel (high :) and TV remote that can be a little less complicated to use. But I guess it is not a problem for the kids.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank EAS21
Reviewed February 6, 2014

There is one 5 star location in Miami and it is the Setai - no question. But since the management/ownership changed some things changes also for the guest - and some of these changes might not be for the best. Let´s pick valet parking; during our 8 day stay we where presented with more than 5 different cars due to mix ups and waited an average of 25 minutes to get your car. We suggest to change or challenge the 3rd party valet car company to get them up to the same service speed this 5 star landmark demands. Lets move to food. Why the new ownership skipped the best peking duck restaurant in town is a miracle, but the new restaurants is mostly empty and a new/international interpretation of italian food is not innovative at all. If there is any chance to switch back to the peking duck, please do so to please your longtime and returning guest. And let the beach personal get a supervisor to put themselves into a 5 star service attire all the way - we had some lazy days where the beach was a service desert.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family