“I only stay here”

Ranked #5 of 207 Hotels in Miami Beach
McLean, Virginia
“I only stay here”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

I booked my trip through AMEX fine hotel properties and when I arrived I wasnt upgraded even though better rooms were available... I got into my regular room(#606) and my safe wasnt working(they had to replace the safe) and then my key card to get into the room wasnt working so I had to use a HARD key to get into my room for the remainder of the trip(they did offer to switch me out ot another room but I didnt want to move all my stuff). Even after all the probelms I cant say anything bad about this place because of the service!! I was here 6 months ago and they remembered my name before I even walked in the front door!! If there was any problems they made SURE it was taken care of. Even after a few issues I cant give this place anything less than 5 stars. The only complaint I can give is that they didnt upgrade me to a better room even though better rooms were available.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank asingh0267

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
  • Korean first
Carluke
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

Public areas, rooms and service were all fantastic with the exception of a crowded pool area. The other guests were 'interesting'; I have never seen so much silicone and plastic surgery in evidence in my entire life. The bar and the American restaurant were good.

Ultimately I didn't like Miami Beach at all. From a UK visitor's point of view, not a patch on Manhatten, San Francisco or even Chicago or Boston. Not the hotel's fault of course, but staying in a 5 star hotel in the middle of what felt like a giant red light district didn't tick my boxes. If this is your scene, then the Setai delivers without question.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lewis V
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

Stayed in the Setai for a couple of nights on vacation with wife. Second time in Miami in a few years after staying at the Tides the last time. Different style of hotel. Rooms are ok but with not much of a view. Pool area is nice. Restaurant was closed for reno on our stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Derek G
Round Hill, VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

My friend's husband planned an amazing getaway for his wife's birthday and selected The Setai as the hotel. What amazing taste he has! We had a suite with full kitchen and views of both the ocean and the inner-waterway. When we entered our room, we were greeted with a chilled bottle of champagne and birthday cake and a birthday card from the hotel. The staff at The Setai were so kind and helpful. The food, both room service and restaurant, was very good. The spa smelled heavenly and my massage was very relaxing (but he did end a few minutes shy of the full time...) The gym was well equiped and filled with light. The only down side to the whole weekend was that the pools were closed for renovation. But, that left the beach and the beach was great. The water was warm, the service was prompt and the drinks were cold. I cannot wait to return.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Hangzhou, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

Our plan was living in Madrian Orient or Four Seasons during the stay in Miami, Florida. But The Satei had a discount during summer that it provided full service including parking, breakfast, wifi and taxes within $500, then we preorderd two city view rooms. The surprise started in the lobby. We were served with mint tea and cold towel smelling like lemon, just like the management of GHM before. The upgrade of room was unexpected that our city view rooms were changed into sea view suite. There were all kinds of equipments including kitchen, laundry, dryer, wine holder, and fridge full of food. Outside of living room and bedroom, it had huge balcony facing the sea. The hotel spoted in the center of the city, South Beach, which was ten minute walk to Lincoln St. Distinguishing from Ritz Calton and W aside, The Satei was more concerning on keeping a low key and oriental Zen Style. There were about 170 rooms, and most of the guests were from Europe. The breakfast was delicate and the service was considerable. Waiters could remember your favorite taste the next day, and they would talk to you by knowing who you are. The software of this hotel was much better than the ones in China. In the morning of our last stay, because of the flight, the breakfast arrived on time at 4:30 in the morning. All the food and silverware were placed carefully. The disappointment was that the pool was having a renew during our stay.

Room Tip: Sea view suite
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Kun X
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

I don't even know where to start with this hotel -every contact we had with staff was exceptional! The staff would stop and let you pass as you walked through the corridors, arranged a table for us at a restaurant and then sent a car to drop us off! Jack from guest relations made sure anything we needed was taken care of and Marcus the owner of townhouse E is a great guy to deal with. We stayed for our honeymoon and Marcus went over and beyond to make sure everything perfect! Townhouse E is an absolutely breathtaking place to stay -we both recommend that if you visit Miami you MUST stay here at least once!

• Stayed August 2013
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

I love this hotel when i am in south beach.
it is situated in middle of south beach and have very nice brunch.
on sundays they do sunday brunches with unlimited champaign.
quality of this buffet is amazing and it is like if you are going to gourmet restaurant :)
I love it !
Also rooms are very nice and they also offer residence if you are interested.
definitely recommend.
very close to night life such as mynt, wall (at W hotel which is right there)
definitely recommend.