WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of The Setai

The Setai
Ranked #5 of 202 Hotels in Miami Beach
South Beach
“Great Stay, Great Hotel, Great Service!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

I booked Suite 401 via VRBO and it couldn't have been a better choice! First, I received a great deal at about half the price of hotel website. Second, the service at the hotel is impeccable. Attention to every detail and the great service beach side is second to none. Worry free beach chairs are offered complimentary with your stay along with complimentary waters. The best part of this hotel though is its privacy and peaceful ambiance. Unlike the hotels next door - the W and Shore Club in which the pools are crowded by non-hotel guests and have pool parties with loud music, at the Setai you get to enjoy complete peace and privacy. You can always go join the party next door but at least you can come home to peace and quiet. I shall always book the Setai via VRBO.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Ttouch00

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
  • Korean first
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

We have stated at the Setai on numerous occasions and absolutely love the hotel. We have stayed in both the hotel and condo tower. No matter which you choose you can't go wrong. This was our first time reserving a room through VRBO and staying in the hotel building. We didn't know what to expect but it was less expensive to stay thru VRBO so we thought we would give it a try since every stay we have had there has been awesome. This is a very expensive and exclusive hotel. I would have to say it has to be one of the best own South Beach. Restaurant is incredible, service is amazing! Our rental experience thru VRBO was easy and everything that the ad said it was going to be. Staying in room 511 was like staying in the hotel even though it is owned and leased by a third party. I would highly recommend this rental thru VRBO. Great room . Great value in a very clean upscale hotel.

Room Tip: I would recommend any room that doesn't overlook Collins Ave. The room we stayed in (511) had a...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Cassie A
Lakewood, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

My wife and I stayed in one of Karl's suites in the Setai on our recent visit to Miami. The room was absolutely luxurious, along with being spacious and very clean. Karl was very accommodating to all our questions and concerns. The hotel itself has impeccable service and the outdoor areas are gorgeous. We really enjoyed the pools and beach area. Hoping to make it back there soon.
Aron & Brenda

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Aron B
Rocky River, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

I stayed at the Setai in Suite 511 which I found through VRBO. The owner was responsive and super helpful and the Setai was amazing. My husband and I stayed for our honeymoon and we had a great time. The Setai has 3 pools, beach access, amazing restaurants and the suite was great. It was very spacious, nice closet, 2 sinks and very comfortable. The best part of booking this hotel through VRBO was that we still got all the amenities the hotel offered just at a better price.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank alicialeavitt
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

My mother, father, and I all stayed at The Setai for one night during a layover on the way home from vacation. All I can say is WOW! From the first minute we walked in we were asked if we needed assistance with our luggage and when we checked in we were given a brief tour of the property and shown how to work everything. The room was large and very clean and very well decorated. Service was incredible and probably the best I've ever had at any hotel. I purchased an EXTREMELY discounted rate for the hotel on Airbnb. I was so impressed that I bought another discounted rate on Airbnb and I'm spending a week at the Setai again very soon.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Rouge A
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

I got a room at the Setai from airbnb via Karl. The hotel is great and met, exceeded all of my expectations. Great, large rooms, good service, easy access to the beach with excellent beach side service included. I got the room at a 50% discount from airbnb compared to the hotel directly. The room was privately owned but 100% serviced and managed by the hotel. It was as if we booked directly from the hotel, but at a significant discount. I would recommend Karl and the Setai to anyone. It is by far the best value in South Beach.

• Stayed June 2013
3 Thank Imranh86
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Setai for two short days before leaving for St. Lucia ... it was amazing! We were greeted at the door by name, given a welcome drink and taken to our suite.

We were upgraded to ocean view, and the room was gorgeous. Service was spectacular - from the helpful concierge to the front desk to the bellman - no stone left un-turned.

While we ate on the strip, we returned to the hotel for a night-cap. The hotel bar was a bit crowded, so we were allowed into a private lounge until we had a seat at the bar. The drinks and appetizers were great.

We will definitely go back when we can spend more time at this hotel ... highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple