“Amazing hotel, exceptional service, incredible stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Setai

The Setai
Ranked #5 of 207 Hotels in Miami Beach
Charleston, South Carolina
“Amazing hotel, exceptional service, incredible stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

My mother, father, and I all stayed at The Setai for one night during a layover on the way home from vacation. All I can say is WOW! From the first minute we walked in we were asked if we needed assistance with our luggage and when we checked in we were given a brief tour of the property and shown how to work everything. The room was large and very clean and very well decorated. Service was incredible and probably the best I've ever had at any hotel. I purchased an EXTREMELY discounted rate for the hotel on Airbnb. I was so impressed that I bought another discounted rate on Airbnb and I'm spending a week at the Setai again very soon.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Rouge A

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
  • Korean first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

I got a room at the Setai from airbnb via Karl. The hotel is great and met, exceeded all of my expectations. Great, large rooms, good service, easy access to the beach with excellent beach side service included. I got the room at a 50% discount from airbnb compared to the hotel directly. The room was privately owned but 100% serviced and managed by the hotel. It was as if we booked directly from the hotel, but at a significant discount. I would recommend Karl and the Setai to anyone. It is by far the best value in South Beach.

• Stayed June 2013
3 Thank Imranh86
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Setai for two short days before leaving for St. Lucia ... it was amazing! We were greeted at the door by name, given a welcome drink and taken to our suite.

We were upgraded to ocean view, and the room was gorgeous. Service was spectacular - from the helpful concierge to the front desk to the bellman - no stone left un-turned.

While we ate on the strip, we returned to the hotel for a night-cap. The hotel bar was a bit crowded, so we were allowed into a private lounge until we had a seat at the bar. The drinks and appetizers were great.

We will definitely go back when we can spend more time at this hotel ... highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I just spent four wonderful days at the Setai for my birthday during Independence Day weekend. The hotel is perfect, from the three pools to the great beach chairs. Service was fantastic. When we got to the airport, my husband realized that he had left his wallet in the taxi. I called the hotel, and Tanya had the brains to check the camera system to catch the cab's car number. They tracked our driver down, and the wallet was returned to the airport in time for us to board. Thank you, Tanya!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank r7k
Hollywood, Florida, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

My husband surprised me with a spa for my birthday at The Setai. I loved the hotel. The ambiance was perfect. The walk to the beach and the fireworks were amazing!. The feel at the hotel was tranquil and serene. I was very excited for my spa services at the hotel after experiencing a perfect afternoon.
I was disappointed.
The massage itself was perfect, the music and everything. I would definitely recommend the Balinese massage, but not at this hotel.
The lounge area is too small or I should say, there is no lounge!?. I wanted to relax before i went for my massage but there is no such area to do so. No indoor jacuzzi or sauna, which surprised me. I asked for a body lotion, they said they ran out!!..A spa and no moisturizer, very strange.
I even asked for a razor and she said we ran out!!
It seemed they were trying to cut corners but I was appalled.
No one even came in to ask for water or assistance?. I would think that a 5 star hotel should have better service. Everyone comes here for indulgence, but I was disappointed.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank irmaharoon
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

This was my 3rd trip to Miami ...

WOW. Very impressive to be amazed still after all these years, this hotel is beautiful.
ROOM. Had a spa studio cityview suite and it was massive with rainforest walk in shower two sinks, two seating areas with marble bath in the room itself (not as crazy as its seems) .

HOTEL. Very asian fusion, staff very helpful and friendly, wonderful food, three pools together with a wonderful outdoor restaurant, private part of beach where you are served water and facial misters, the loungers are huge and towels brought to your beds, lots of little private cubby holes around the place. Nice long bar inside as well.

Staff are very good and friendly.

LOCATION Fantastic, few mins from ocean and on collins itself.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

I will start by saying that we were not guests of the hotel. We stopped by to exchange pleasantries with a hotel/restaurant manager (Dwayne Savoie). While Mr. Savoie wasn't available, we met an incredible gentleman by the name of Benedict from Berlin. Once he found out that we were not guests, he immediately and professionally took this opportunity to show us why we should be on our next visit. I will not regurgitate the obvious that has already been stated in other comments pertaining to the hotel, the amenities, the suites, the services, location, etc. What I will share is that this will forever be our home away from home when our travels take us to Miami and South Beach. Benedict, my wife and I (Jewel & Chris Stafford) are very thankful for your time, attention and high levels of professionalism.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple